Disney in February

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by dahrjo, Jul 24, 2011.

1. dahrjo

dahrjo Mouseketeer

Hi,
    I need a kind of quick answer, if anyone can help...
    My son's marching band will be in Disney for 4 days in February, with a price of $500 per person, which includes, hotel, meals, park passes, transportation once there, a special surprise dining event.

Does this sound like a reasonable price? The hotel would probably be All-star Music.
    With airfare it would be $800.

So, I will get him the 4 day with his group, but does it sound reasonable for the rest of our family?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kat3668

kat3668 Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Driving me nuts i

Sounds pretty cheap to me.....

4. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

If it's early Feb. sounds pretty reasonable to me. If the price is "per person" the resort room can actually be around the $80 mark PER NIGHT (not per person-pre-tax). Then, tix for 4 days could be around $250 per person...and with meals it'll definitely run past that $500 per person with the resort and tix unless you eat cheap counter service everyday. So the $500 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.:thumbsup2

5. dahrjo

dahrjo Mouseketeer

It's actually the 3rd week of Feb. I am sure I can find flights for less than $300 though.

6. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

That would probably be after President's Day, so it is actually "peak" season. $500 would be quite a deal as the resort would probably be higher than I quoted on my earlier post during that time of the month.

7. MinnieForMe

MinnieForMe DIS Veteran

That's cheap to me! My son is doing Washington, DC on a class trip next May for 4 days for $800 (that's no airfare and most buildings/museums are free to visit). I'd jump at the chance to send my son's band to DW for that price!

8. ccgirl

ccgirl DIS Veteran

Around here, that is hovering our February vacation so flights are very high. At least $400 per person for direct non-stop flights at desirable times.