Disney Hotel In Room Celebrations - Worth the Price Tag?

bruinbeardisney

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow DISers!

Instead of a birthday party this year, DD has requested to stay at one of the Disney hotels. I noticed that Disney hotels have a Disney Floral and Gifts department that provides In Room Celebrations. But the price tag is STEEP! Approx $375. I was looking at the Anna & Elsa Welcome. I copied and pasted the description for it. I'm just wondering if there's others that have done it? Is it worth it? $400... I could use that towards an Annual Pass!! LOL

Enjoy a “Frozen” celebration prepared for your family in your Disneyland® Resort room! The surprise begins upon discovering a Frozen-themed door banner. Peek inside to see snowflake confetti and luminaries lighting the way to an experience full of magic. Loved ones will feel as if the royal sisters of Arendelle came to the room when they discover the Frozen-themed pillow blanket, pillowcases, and exclusive tote filled with delicious goodies and treats!

For fun in the parks, Anna and Elsa left vision glasses to see the world through their eyes, along with an exclusive light-up lanyard. Loved ones will also enjoy the autograph book and Frozen-themed photo memory cards for a touch of personality in every photo. The magic truly comes to life in the room when they discover the surprise Olaf plush, great for warm hugs after a full day in the parks!

Enhance your “Frozen” memory with personalization of the exclusive pillow blanket and pillowcases to create treasured keepsakes.

I ordered a gift basket from them for my husband to be delivered when we were going to be there over Father's Day one year. It was pirate-themed and had beer and snacks, very cute, but way way way overpriced for what it was. Wouldn't do it again! But anything from a florist is expensive I guess.

$400 sounds steep to me, but I'm sure all of the stuff is very cute. I think I would just buy a bunch of Frozen stuff myself and bring it and set it up secretly when she was out of the room :) Good luck deciding!

I have been looking at them too. I am leaning towards the gift baskets that are in the $120-$150 range. I think they would get more out of it, although the surprise of the room decoration would be pretty cool-just not worth the total cost for me. But every post I have read of someone who has done it says it is totally worth it.

My fiance got me one fore my 25th and I loved it. We kept the Surprise door sash and some of the decorations and use them at home. He got me the one that comes with the cake, a mickey plush, picture frame, light up tinker bell, and something else that I can't remember now. I don't think it was the 300-400 one but for what I got and the surprise I felt it was expense but didn't feel like he was cheated. The prices are more than it would be to just buy the stuff but the surprise and special feeling is worth it to us.

On our recent trip I left out a welcome gift and note for her from Mickey. I waited till DH took her out of the room and laid things out on her bed. She was thrilled!!! It was quite magical. Bonus, because I planned things in advance and brought the stuff from home I saved quite a bit of money on the things she got. She also never asked or expected souvenirs the whole trip.

My vote would be save yourself $350 and do something up at home.

Its not worth the money. Did something similar for our anniversary and while it was cool to walk in the room and have it all setup. I could have just as easily purchased some decorations and put some time before hand and then when the group was at the park or pool, run back and decorated the room for a fraction of the cost.

Way overpriced for what you get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter