Disney Hilton Head in Novemeber

shelderfergirl

Earning My Ears
I was thinking of taking the family to the Hilton Head resort over Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if its warm enough to swim? Is there enough to do that time of year? My husband thinks we might be bored. Thanks

I was thinking of taking the family to the Hilton Head resort over Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if its warm enough to swim? Is there enough to do that time of year? My husband thinks we might be bored. Thanks
The pools are always heated, but the ocean temps might be too cool. The weather can go either way - I have been for Thanksgiving several times and sometimes it's a little cold and sometimes it's beautiful. I assume you were talking about 2016 Thanksgiving and not this year, as that week is pretty well booked in all categories. I have looked in the last few days - I was hoping to stash some of my family there - we have bought a place in Hilton Head, but it won't hold all my family, but availability was very sketchy. As far as being bored, I think there's plenty to do there most of the time.

This coming November will be our 10th consecutive Thanksgiving spent at the HHI resort. It's so hard to predict the weather-we've had a couple years where it was sunny and definitely suited for swimming, one year where it was literally freezing, and several years where it was in the 60s-some people thought the hot tub was OK, but very few swimming.

Thanks. My two boys are 8 and 11. What types of activities are around Hilton Head? I found a zipline adventure and they love tennis. Any other things that are a must see?

There are some good parasailing companies on HHI. No shortage of excellent golf courses. Kayak tour of the waterways. Tours of Pickney Island, Dafuskie Island or beach combing on Grenadier Shoals (Vanishing Island) are fun.

If warm enough for the Ocean, the public beach at Coligny is very nice and there is great shopping and nosh at the Shops at Coligny Circle.

Can anyone that has been to the Disney HH give me examples of things to do for a 13 year old boy at the resort to meet other kids? For example on the cruises the have activities like basketball, dodgeball and scavenger hunts where kids come and meet? do they have things like this at the resort?

They do have an activities calendar each week. Mickey tie dye, nature walks, campfire with smores, bingo, movies under the oaks (this week is Descendants) Pin trading board, etc. You can call the week before you leave and they will email you a copy of your weeks activities. Number to call is 843-341-4133. You can also rent bikes and schedule kayaking or boat trips.

Can anyone that has been to the Disney HH give me examples of things to do for a 13 year old boy at the resort to meet other kids? For example on the cruises the have activities like basketball, dodgeball and scavenger hunts where kids come and meet? do they have things like this at the resort?

Last November, they had a billiards contest in the den. Looked like the kids were having fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter