Disney Help Please

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by shoppe, Apr 2, 2005.

1. shoppe

shoppe Earning My Ears

I'm going to disneyworld for the first time ever. I'm going with my two kids daughter 9 and son 8 and a friend with her two kids boys ages 11 and 13. We are going down for a gymnastics meet at disney so I have my tickets taken care of but I'm having trouble finding some place for us to stay at a reasonable rate with enough room. The more I read the more confused I get.
    Any one help.

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

I would suggest you try one of the value resorts (All-Stars or Pop Century). Make a reservation for two rooms, and specify that you need connecting rooms (these have connecting doors so you can go from one room to the other without having to go outside) and not adjoining.

Then have all the boys in one room and all the girls in the other. Each room has two double beds. Possibly have a sleeping bag for your daughter, or share the bed with her. Figure out something for the boys.

4. shoppe

shoppe Earning My Ears

We are thinking of staying off site and would like to share a suite 200 dollars a night is way to much for our budget.

5. momto4obkids

momto4obkids DIS Veteran

Take a look at www.hotelkingdom.com we booked Cypress Pointe Resort for part of our stay in May. Lots of people on the Orlando hotels & attractions board have stayed here and loved it. It is has been recently refurbished and you can get a 2bdrm condo for $73.20 a night or a 3bdrm for $89.85 a night. It is only one mile from downtown disney!

hth!
    Amanda

6. John Dobbertin

John Dobbertin Mouseketeer

Shoppe: Couple of important questions for your -- when are you going to WDW? You mention a gymnastics meet -- is it at WDW & is there an organizing group for the meet?

7. shoppe

shoppe Earning My Ears

We are going June 6th to the 12th. It is a AAU sponsered meet, we will most likely competing on different days because my DH is a level four girl and Her son is a level four boy. It is at the sports complex. This whole trip planning is very over whelming for me.

8. John Dobbertin

John Dobbertin Mouseketeer

Would be really shocked if the organizers had not arranged a "special rate" with Disney for either All-Stars or Pop-Century -- or both. Suggest you contact the organizers ASAP. You could also try Disney & tell them what organization you are participating through & see what they might offer -- if the first CM doesn't know anything, ask for a supervisor. Huge advantage of two-connecting rooms at a WDW "Value" resort is you have two bathrooms! Half the rooms at Pop Century are connecting rooms.

9. ReninDetroit

ReninDetroit Like a grand and miraculous spaceship...

Yeah, I was wondering this too. Why didn't the organizers of the trip take care of this? :confused3

All Stars and Pop Century are frequently booked by the masses for events like these.

10. shoppe

shoppe Earning My Ears

There was a list of discounted rooms but none at Disney. We ended up booking at Cypress Pointe thanks to this board. But we are getting good ticket deals. Thanks for all the help.

Sandi