• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Hawaiian Cruise Sept 17- 27 + 4 Days at Aulani Updated Dec 23rd

sweetlovin

Mouseketeer
I am just home from the Disney Wonder (still adjusting to the time difference). I thought I would post videos of each day. This is a work in progress, so bear with me. I'm not used to being in front of a camera talking (as you will tell) I tried to make each video no more than 5-6 minutes, but some might be longer as we get into the cruise portion.

This was one of my favorite cruises and Anthony was the adult club host, Clayton was the cruise director. Clayton was also on my Halloween on the High Seas last Oct Halloween week. Every cruise I have been on with him has been so much fun. I believe he brings an energy that cannot be matched.

Aulani Arrival:

Day 1 Part 1:

Day 1 Part 2:

Day 2 Complete:

YAY!!!
We also sailed with you, I am still jet lagged too :/
So excited to read your trip report.
We were at Aulani the 12-17th, just amazing.

After picking my youngest up from the tween activity, she said it was ok, but she wanted to leave as soon as it was over. I did look at the schedule again and it is 1 tween event both Sundays and Wednesdays. It was arts and crafts activity for that age group on both days. We will probably head back to Aulani when my daughter is a little older, until then, we will cruise.

Day 3 at Aulani Resort -

Last edited:
We spent the morning at Aulani, grabbed some food, and headed off to the Disney Hawaiian Cruise. I have always had a verandah, so this was my first time staying in an ocean view room. My one daughter kept saying she really missed having a balcony, my other child said it was fine as long as she was cruising. LOL! I did miss the balcony, but the room was fine overall.

Aulani/Disney Wonder:

Just watched the sailway party and you captured me and hubby on jumbo tron LOL, Thanks for the great memory of the party. :) We weren't quick enough to capture it ourselves.
Loving re-living this all through your videos. :worship:

Just watched the sailway party and you captured me and hubby on jumbo tron LOL, Thanks for the great memory of the party. :) We weren't quick enough to capture it ourselves.
Loving re-living this all through your videos. :worship:

I am so glad I was able to capture you on there. The feedback is so encouraging, so thank you! It's nice to hear people are enjoying the videos.

The second half of the first night on the DCL Hawaiian cruise was posted to my youtube channel. I debated for a while whether or not to post it on the boards here. In the end, I decided not to post that one. It contains the Adult Quest and while I believe that it is more silly and funny than real adult, this is a family site and so I am going to forgo posting that night. Honestly, any kid that has watched Glee or similar shows have seen far worse, but I had to go with my gut on this one. It is up and you will be able to watch, but I am going to move on to the first day in Maui and go from there.

Day 2 of the Hawaiian Cruise Adventure: Our first stop was Maui and I booked a private tour company, Holo Holo Taxi. Specifically, I picked their Road to Hana tour. Jasmine was right there to greet us and she was wonderful with my girls. I admit I was a little nervous at first. She had great reviews on trip advisor, but she lost my reservation and changed the time on me. In the end, it all worked out great and I would book with her again in a heartbeat. Also, the rain and humidity did horrible things to my hair! :crazy:

Last edited:
Day 3 was our 2nd day in Maui. We had no plans and we ended up finding trouble for sure. In Hawaii, there is a language the natives call Pigeon English. While it sounds nothing like Caribbean English, it is similar in that you could get the basic understanding of what someone is saying, but it's broken English and if spoken quickly, an outsider will not pick up most of what is being said.

So after parasailing, my two girls and I were trying to find a taxi. We walked and walked the Lahaina town for over an hour. I finally spot someone with the Disney lanyard noticed a few different families standing in a line. So I asked, "Are you guys on a tour or how are you getting back to the ship?" The explained that they were hopping on a bus that would drop them off at a mall. From the mall, there was a free Disney Cruise shuttle that would pick us up and take us all back to the ship. So I stand in line, but one of the other passengers told me to get exact change. So I got out of line to get the change and came back just in time to see the bus pull up.

We were the very last people to board the bus and there were no seats left. A really nice guy offered me a seat in the front of the bus. My girls wouldn't take it, so I sat down. The next stop enough people got off the bus that there was a seat next to me. My 10yo sat down and my 13yo stayed standing. Now, to understand, the front of the bus had 6 seats facing sideways. 3 seats facing each other on each side. The first seat to face forward was completely empty now that the first stop was made. However, there was a native guy older than me, maybe early to mid-50s, He sitting the seat right next to the empty seat. He kept telling my 13yo to sit down in the empty seat next to him. I was sitting with one Disney girl, my daughter, and myself on one side of the bus and the other side with 3 seats facing our seats were older native women. The only reason I am pointing this out is because I was not completely understanding everything the guy was saying to my 13yo. He's speaking Pigeon English, but the women facing us were chuckling and laughing. I just know he kept it up, telling her he wasn't going to touch her, insisting that she sit down, but literally, he kept talking at her, nonstop. At one point, he said, "fine here I'll just use both" and put his feet up on the seat to be funny. Then he moved his feet back and said, "no really you can sit here. I'm not going to bother you.." Now, all the woman sitting around us and the people in the seats surrounding him (behind him, next to him and so) are listening and laughing. My 13yo is getting more and more embarrassed and leaned in to tell me she was uncomfortable sitting next to him.

To keep the mood light, I loudly stated, "Julie, you take my seat. I'll sit next to him." Everyone at this point started laughing harder. I stood up to take the empty seat while Julie rushed to my seat and sat very quickly. Now, the one Disney woman is in the first sideways seat, my two girls facing sideways in the next two seats and I am sitting in the first set of seats facing forward next to the guy, who at this point, had nothing left to say. There was no empty seat and no one was standing up. He leaned against the window quiet and content and proceeded to close his eyes and settle in for the duration of the time. All was back to a normal bus ride. Or so I thought.

Out of nowhere, this woman races up from the back of the bus, leans over me, smacks the guy next to me really hard and starts cursing while yelling at him. So I am completely lost now as to who this chick is and what in the heck is she saying. All I understand is every curse word, as she is standing over me, yelling and cursing at him. He starts calling her a stupid "B" and responding, but I am still only catching tiny fractions of what is said. Mostly, I get that he could care less about whatever she is so angry at and tell her to "F" off "B". So I look to see the mood, because not understanding, all I can do is read the body language of everyone else. I am not kidding, the ladies and people around me are uproarious with laughter. So I figured, ok, I am at a loss as to what is going on, but no one is scared or worried, so I'll just stay quiet and keep my seat. She finally is done ranting at him but walks back to her seat in the far back yelling and cursing the entire way back to the mall. The Disney people right behind me are laughing, Disney girl next to my girls is laughing and the ladies facing my girls are all laughing again. The entire bus ride back, the lady from the back of the bus is cursing, ranting, and carrying on and the rest of the bus are all giggling and laughing at the situation.

We finally get to the mall and the Disney woman (maybe late 20s?? I can't remember exactly) who was sitting next to my girls looks at me, laughs, and exclaims, "Best bus ride EVER!!" So I started laughing and asked what the heck happened. Who was the woman and why did she run up from the back of the bus enraged. She explained that she thought it was the guy's wife and she was mad that I sat next to him. Apparently, the entire bus ride she was ranting and yelling at me, calling me a slut and all sorts of other names. Seriously, I was blissfully unaware. We both agreed that we wish we had grabbed our phones to record that entire bus scene. I am so sorry I didn't because typing it out doesn't do the story much justice, but both of us had the same thought process. We weren't sure if the woman would have been more angered if we had pulled our phones and started recording. Looking back, we really should have.

So, I am sorry that I missed the taping of the most insane part of the day. When I said I was going to find trouble that morning, I was just making a joke. I had no idea I was foreshadowing the day's events.

Click Here to see Day 3 Maui:

Last edited:
I wish I remembered the name of the Beatboxer at the end of the video, but he was very talented.

I went ahead and put up the uncut version of Match Your Mate as well as Maryellen Hooper. A little out of order, but really great if you want to laugh.

We were in Hilo when we woke up. Running late, we had booked a helicopter to fly over a volcano. It was the one thing Julie had been asking to do. I was able to find a company that would take the 3 of us doors off in a helicopter right over the lava. Unfortunately, it was canceled due to the rain. So we had to find a last minute excursion. We hopped a cab and she took us around Hilo. We got back late, but the girls were glad to be back on the ship. Hilo ended up being fun, but it was not the experience we were hoping for.

Every so often, I get horrible migraines. I woke up this morning and I was ok, by the time dinner was over, I was miserable. I had to turn off all the lights and close the door. My 13yo ran into the room at about 9:45 (or later, to be honest, I have no idea what time it was), "Mom!! How Well Do You Know Your Family is right now!!" She had been waiting to play this game show since her sister and I won back in Aug 2014. I tried my best to roll over in bed to face her as pain and nausea washed over my whole body. I felt so bad, but there was no way I could move. This was the first time I really felt that it would have been helpful to have a 2nd adult with me. I am usually fine just my kids and me, but this time around, I really needed the extra help.
"Julie, I am so sorry, but there is no way I can play." "I understand, I'll just watch without you." My heart broke, so did my chances of not getting sick. Coming back from the bathroom, all I could do was keep all the lights out, keep my eyes closed, but stay awake until my girls came back in from the Edge.

The next day, Julie told me that she went and videoed the game show for me. One day, hopefully, she won't be too old and we will get a chance to play together. For now, all I can do is give her a huge hug and thank her over and over for being such a good sport.

Watch Here:

Last edited:
Today, we had a private photo tour of Kauai. I thought of all the islands, this was the most beautiful, although, Maui is a close second. Matt was our tour guide and we could not have asked for a better match. He was playful and fun with the girls, plus he was good relating to them and teaching them about photography as well as the island. Overall, there is a reason they are rated number 1 on Trip Advisor. Once we said goodbye to Matt, we got ready for Frozen night on the ship. Disney had not prepared as well as they normally do because we were not given the frozen necklaces that light up. Someone said Guest Services said they ran out on the first Hawaiian cruise. Today was the day I realized that everyone, or at least I, was given a silver welcome bag. Overall, I really don't care, but it was noticeable that they had not planned well for the amount of guests on board.

Watch Here:

The first sea day was pretty full with entertainment. Because my girls were not coming back until 2 am every night, we were not waking up or leaving the cabin until sometime after 11 each day. My kids love the trivia games, the family games, and pictures with the characters. At night, they prefer to hang out at the Edge. So I was late, but here is the best I could get of Clayton and Anthony at the Pacific Pool Party.

Watch Day 6 (First Sea Day) Here:

Day 7 of the Hawaiian Cruise was pirate night. I love how the dining room celebrates and gets tinot the festivities pre-prirate show.

Watch here:

Here is Day 8 part one at sea day. Unfortunately, the first part of the video did not come out well, but the Pixar Party came out just fine. For trivia, I suggest listening to the songs and play along, see if you can name the 80s trivia :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter