Disney Gives Us the Warm Fuzzies - Take Two. TRIP REPORT HAS BEGUN! 1/20 Pg. 92

LL.....

You win the award for the most trips planned in one calendar year! :lmao: Woot! I knew you would NEVER make it over a year without returning to your happy place.

I am very excited that you will be going in January afterall. You deserve a winter get away. I think you will really like POP in January. I think its a great resort for off season. And, again, you can't beat the weather. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Have the best trip ever!

p.s. love the haircut!

I'm in.... again!!! YAY that you guys still get to go!!!! and YAY that it's the weekend we'll be there!! :woohoo:

Alrighty page 2, not page 1 but ok. Hurray for Jen getting to go!! Can't wait for all the planning frenzy.

MeMom Dave and I have those chats all the time too :)

Page 2 but

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Jen can go!

And your new picture and haircut...ADORABLE!

I swear you can see a difference in your face between the xmas pics with Marc and your new one. You look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...you 2 make me crazy!! I can't keep up LOL!!!:lmao:

I'm very excited 4 you both that u get to go after all.....

LL...you look AMAZING!!! Love the haircut too!!:flower3:

So I guess ya know, i'm in right???LOL!!

Paula

My only question is....how many versions of the itinerary can you do before then?;)

I can't believe you and Jen are going again!!!!! so happy...

I'm here! Page 2 but here. So happy that Jen is able to go too. You both have very supportive DIS hubbies...yeah for them! :yay:

And you both look terrific with the results of your respective weight loss efforts really showing! :goodvibes LL- love the haircut. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!! popcorn::

How wonderful that you get to go to WDW together after all!! :goodvibes

And just to repeat the obvious once more: you look fantastic in the newest picture!! :thumbsup2
Thank you! I'm really happy that Jen gets to join me, makes the trip even sweeter!

Well of course you started this 10 minutes after I got off the boards last night!! I'm really excited for you and Jen!! YAY!

Your hair looks super cute too!
Can't wait to hear about the next round of plans!!
:lmao: Sorry!

LL.....

You win the award for the most trips planned in one calendar year! :lmao: Woot! I knew you would NEVER make it over a year without returning to your happy place.

I am very excited that you will be going in January afterall. You deserve a winter get away. I think you will really like POP in January. I think its a great resort for off season. And, again, you can't beat the weather. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Have the best trip ever!

p.s. love the haircut!
Yep, most trips planned and canceled. :rotfl2: I am so thrilled to be escaping winter for a few days, it will recharge me for sure! :thumbsup2

I'm in.... again!!! YAY that you guys still get to go!!!! and YAY that it's the weekend we'll be there!! :woohoo:
WOO HOO!! :banana:

Yay for another trip :yay:

Can't wait to read more!
We are both so excited!

Alrighty page 2, not page 1 but ok. Hurray for Jen getting to go!! Can't wait for all the planning frenzy.

MeMom Dave and I have those chats all the time too :)
Planning frenzy! That is a good way to describe it. :lmao:

Page 2 but

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Jen can go!

And your new picture and haircut...ADORABLE!

I swear you can see a difference in your face between the xmas pics with Marc and your new one. You look fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can see the difference too, it's really amazing. I feel like all of a sudden you can really notice a difference.

OK...you 2 make me crazy!! I can't keep up LOL!!!:lmao:

I'm very excited 4 you both that u get to go after all.....

LL...you look AMAZING!!! Love the haircut too!!:flower3:

So I guess ya know, i'm in right???LOL!!

Paula
We make ourselves crazy. :rotfl2: Thanks on the haircut!

My only question is....how many versions of the itinerary can you do before then?;)

I can't believe you and Jen are going again!!!!! so happy...
I don't think there are going to be too many versions. :rotfl2: I have doubts but Jen keeps me from changing everything every 5 minutes. ;)

I'm here! Page 2 but here. So happy that Jen is able to go too. You both have very supportive DIS hubbies...yeah for them! :yay:

And you both look terrific with the results of your respective weight loss efforts really showing! :goodvibes LL- love the haircut. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!! popcorn::
Yes, we are very lucky they are DIS supportive. :thumbsup2

I hope you have a great trip- maybe I will run into you!

We've decided that we are going to do our updates together. My comments are in the purple, Jen's in blue. :thumbsup2

We've got a lot to say about this trip of ours (Jen's Comments are in blue LOL) and only

54 Days to say it all!

Or 7 Weeks.

Or 7 Mondays.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

First up, transportation.

Jen will be renting a car and driving from her house. We will have this spiffy car magnet to put on the rental car to help us identify it. I'm also going to make an antenna topper to help too. No losing the rental car this trip! :rotfl:

Any chance that magnet makes noise??? LOL Because I'm telling you we need noisemakers on the car because if anyone can lose their car its me. Man, I can lose that car in an empty parking lot!!!

You know, I think that is a great idea. Maybe we should market a squealing magnet that says "JEN YOUR CAR IS OVER HERE!" :rotfl2:

696882426_vvgZK-M.jpg

I will be flying Southwest using the credits I had originally purchased for September. I'll be arriving in Orlando on Saturday at 10:55am. I'll be departing Orlando at 8:00am on Tuesday.

These are not set in stone for me. For one, Jen has generously offered to bring me to the airport on Tuesday morning (Right Jen?) (Sure thing, it will get me home early and get ready for returning back to the real world) and it seems way early to be leaving Disney but the flight time works well for Marc to pick me up after he gets out of work and before he goes to bed for the day. So I'm torn. I think the plan is great!! I know its early but it will all be okay LOL!!!!

I've also been thinking about flying into Orlando on Friday night after work. There is a flight that departs around 6:30pm so I could work most of the day and get out a little early to make it. I love the idea of a Friday night flight so that I'd have all day Saturday to have with Jen instead of flying the whole morning on Saturday.

I've told myself that I will not add a night at Pop unless I can get a standard room for the four nights. Right now we are in a preferred room. I can save a little money downgrading to a standard room and then won't feel as guilty adding on another night. It will not cost me anything to change my flight. :thumbsup2

However, if that doesn't work out!! I will get there early enough to check us in Saturday morning and head to our first park and get us fastpasses for the day!!!!

As far as park tickets go, I have a one day ticket from last May. Jen has offered to let me use her one day ticket from May so then I will only have to pay to upgrade those two tickets to a three day. If they won't let me combine them since they have different names on them, I will just buy a one day ticket. I refuse to stress out about this so I will just have that money set aside. We will be going to a park on each day, no park hopping. Jen has renewed her annual pass. Yup Yup for 15 months...that is 15 more months of possible Disney goodness LOL

I was really stressing out before on what I would wear in January. With the weather going either way and my weight loss, clothes shopping has NOT been pleasant. I've decided to do the layered look. (Because Jen suggested it LOL, I also go with the layered look LOL) Tshirts, Long sleeve tees, hoodie. I'm planning on bringing jeans and perhaps one pair of capri jeans.(LOL NO CAPRIS FOR ME LOL) I'm thinking I should bring mittens and scarf but I wonder if that is overkill for this New England girl. (I'll borrow them if you don't use them) I will admit that I don't own a proper winter jacket and haven't for years. (Just cried a bit inside at this comment LOL) I just usually wear a heavy duty hoodie with mittens. I am not outside for extended periods of time though. I'm very confused. Any New Englanders or January Disney veterans have opinions? Jen is always cold so I don't always trust her weather assessment. :rotfl2:(I resent this statement LOL, you have to remember its WINTER for me down here LOL I have the right to be cold LOL)

I went to the Disney Store yesterday looking to buy some Disney tees since I've lost weight. They had a horrible selection and I was concerned that the largest size was not quite long enough, I think it might have fit me but not be long enough. I have this problem with shirts all the time, being on the taller side I have tough time finding ones that have a good length.

I was so bummed out. I decided to check out the Disney website and....THEY HAVE PLUS SIZE TEES NOW! :yay: The best thing is that they go up to 4x, now I don't wear that size anymore but I decided to get the biggest size for the length. If they are too big then I will return them for the 3x. They seem to run on the small size. The best part? They are $16.50 each or 2 for $20! What a great deal!

I'll take pictures when I get them. The first is Minnie, the second is Tink. I don't think I've ever owned a Minnie shirt. I am so excited!(WHOOOO...we can match I have a Minnie and a Tink shirt....only good things can happen from this)

From another website I ordered a new pair of jeans, a new hoodie, two long sleeve tees and two tshirts for the layering plan. Once they come in, if they fit I will get pictures of those. (LOL I don't have to order anything, a shorter trip means my 3 long sleeve undershirts are going to work out just fine for me).

We have planned a lot in the last few days and have just a little bit more to nail down. We've picked our three parks and our three ADRs. I have a good idea about my wardrobe, I know I'll be wearing my sneakers. One big thing to be decided is what park bag will I be using? :confused3 ;) :rotfl2:(VERA VERA VERA VERA)
Yes, but what Vera? Do I buy a new one? :lmao:

Call me an enabler - but I think you should go on Friday night! I know this is a budget trip, so only do it if you can afford it.

As far as the park ticket - I really don't know if you can combine two individual parks tickets. That would be so great if you could.

So great that you were able to find Tshirts. I was at a Disney store recently and I didn't see one thing I wanted. Hard to believe, but true. But now I am kicking myself because I saw the cutest little Tinkerbell Halloween candy container at Kohl's that I didn't buy. Boy,I wish I had.

Talk about enabling I went to the Disney Store online this morning and ordered a long sleeve Minnie shirt and a short sleeve Mickey one that would look great layered!! So thanks Leslie LOL!!!!! When the package arrives I'm saying take it up with Leslie LOL!!!!

:dance3: for plus size t-shirts at Disney online for 2 for $20!! I'm heading over there now!! Last year was the first year I ever found plus size clothes at WDW! I was so excited!! Its the little (or in this case big... :laughing:) things in life!

As far as January weather goes, Jen is on the right track with layering!! We were there last year Jan 21-28 and FROZE our tushes off the first few days. IT was record lows for Florida - upper 20s overnight - and colder in Florida than it was in Texas!!! So we were layering with coats and mittens and blankets for the baby at the beginning of the trip, and then I was in a tshirt and bermuda shorts by the end of the trip. So pack for all weather and check the forecast often!!!

IF you decide to go down Friday night ( do it do it do it do it .... :rolleyes1 did you hear something??? ) I have an idea!!

Bump down to standard from preferred and then request 60s building, first floor or something like that. The backside of the preferred buildings are standard rates. This is what I did last year and it rocked! I got the idea from our stay back in April 07 when we requested my MIL's room to be as close to ours as possible, but yet at a standard rate. We had paid the extra money for the preferred location, not wanting to trek a billion miles before we even got on the bus to the parks, but she was only joining for 3 nights and wasn't wanting to spend the extra money. We were all the way at the back of the 60s buildings close to the lake and MIL was literally around the back corner of the building, maybe another 10 steps??? So we were paying an additional $12/ night for 10 less steps?! :rolleyes:

So in our trip in 09, I requested standard room 60s building again, so we'd be close to the food court and Hippy Dippy, and we asked for 1st floor cus we had a stroller and didn't want to mess with the elevator/stairs. Room noise isn't an issue for us because I bring a white noise machine! :thumbsup2 So we got 60s building, to the right when leaving from the main hall and you just ducked between the buildings at the Playdoh container and we were 7 rooms down. IT was perfect!! Quieter than poolside, had a view of the lake and the little grassy area. We had bunny and duck visitors many days, which the kids loved!!

So just a thought to get what ya want without having to pay for it !!! :goodvibes

EDIT: Ok so re-reading that I'm realizing maybe that you meant you couldn't get a standard room because of availabilty??..... lol BUT my idea still works so I'm leaving it here anyway!!! :lmao:

Great update!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd go for the extra night if it makes sense financially :goodvibes

Speaking of weather. We went in mid Feb and it was ALL over the board (50-80+ degrees). I wore everything from tank tops and capri's/shorts to jeans and long sleeve t's and even one night, my north face jacket!

I didn't wear gloves or a hat but did have a cozy scarf!

Most days were quite warm BUT the mornings and evenings were chilly so layers was the way to go. More than once I changed mid day in the park, I brought a bigger bag and used a locker so we'd all have jackets without having to go back to the resort.

Do you know what I did AGAIN, LL and Jen? I forgot to hit the subscribe button! I must just get so excited whenever you start a new PTR!

I am dying laughing at the thought of the car yelling out to Jen!!! :lmao:

I have to go with MeMom on this one. You're going, you're not going, Jen is going, Jen is not going, Jen is going....you ladies are messing with my brain on a Monday! This isn't smart. :rotfl:

Seriously though, I'm so happy to hear that you two are finally getting to go again! I can't wait to hear about this dual TR!

I was :rotfl: at Jen chiming in with her "cold" weather comments! :laughing:
Actually, I was there this past January and it was (I think unseasonably) cold. Like 60's and maybe a bit colder at night. Maybe one day in the 70's and so I wore capris then. We have different blood up here than the southerners so we can take it a bit colder! :lmao:
I would try to go earlier if you can swing it too.....I am always thinking ahead in the winter months because of deicing the plane, etc.
I think you need a new Vera....you deserve it after all of the planning/canceling that you have had to endure. ::yes::

So super excited for the both of you!! :thumbsup2

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter