Disney gift cards

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ljc3162, May 21, 2013.

1. ljc3162

ljc3162 Earning My Ears

Is there any way to buy disney gift cards for the magic kingdom, epcot, and such? Everywhere I read says that any disney gift cards you buy can be used at the stores or online, but not at the parks? I'd like to get preloaded gift cards for my kids for their souvenirs, but I'm not sure that is an option?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kristibo42

Kristibo42 DIS Veteran

You can use the gift cards in any of the parks.

4. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

They can absolutely be used in the parks! :goodvibes We've done it many times at both merchandise and dining locations.

5. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

You can buy them online or at the Disney Store. You can also buy pre set dollar amount ones at Target, Walgreens, CVS, and a lot of grocery stores. check out the budget board and people always post deals that they got on gift cards. Help this helps :)

6. ljc3162

ljc3162 Earning My Ears

thanks!

7. MADnNOLA

MADnNOLA DIS Veteran

Just make sure they are Disney Park Gift Card. The Disney Store Gift cards are not accepted in the parks. They are two different cards, and will specify on the back where they are good for purchases.

I discovered this the hard way :(

8. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

9. goofyredraider

goofyredraider DIS Veteran

Just make sure you buy the ones that aren't EXCLUSIVE to the Disneystore. On the back, it says where they can be used.

Online these are the ones you will need to purchase if you order online:
    http://www.disneystore.com/gift-cards/mn/1001267/

but you can buy them at grocery stores, Target, Sam's Club, etc. also.

10. Yellosno

Yellosno DIS Veteran

Ive used some bought at target in every park.

11. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

There are 2 different types of GCs, as mentioned. So just be careful you are getting the correct one.
    I wait till I get to my resort and buy them there. I live in Canada, and in our local Disney Store, the GCs are only good for the stores, not the park.

12. mikedoyleblogger

mikedoyleblogger DIS Veteran

I called my local Disney Store to double check, and they told me the brick-and-mortar Disney Stores in the U.S. only sell one card, the "Disney Gift Card", and that can be used for purchases at WDW and DLR. (As a PP said, it may be different in Canada.)

The online Disney Store sells the "Disney Gift Card", too. However, the online store also sells a "Disney Store Online Gift Card", and that's the only one you can't use at the parks. The "Online Gift Card" can only be used at disneystore.com.