Disney gift cards

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Ptwolfman, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

Are there any discounted deals going on at this time?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. eggroll

eggroll eggroll

The sams in my area gave 10$ for 100$ with their Disney giftcard.

4. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

The bonus cards Sam's Club gives are usually only for the Disney Store and are not good on the ships or in the parks.

5. sunshine1259

sunshine1259 DIS Veteran

At our Sam's a $50.00 card is only $48.88. Not much of a discount, but everybit helps. Wish I had found this out 5 or 6 cards ago.

6. jenandjuice

jenandjuice Mouseketeer

If you use a target debit or credit card you get 5% off all gcs, I used my target debit to pay off my cruise and now using it for my disney world trip.:cheer2:

7. Hope2cruise

Hope2cruise Mouseketeer

Giant Eagle in our area is doubling the fuel perks earned on gift cards right now.

8. eggroll

eggroll eggroll

Ours have dcl and resorts pics on them.

9. atmail35

atmail35 Mouseketeer

BJ's Warehouse Clubs has slightly discounted gift cards. I think the $100 sell for $96, the smaller ones have a lower discount rate (maybe 2-3%).

I have found buying them at Target with the Redcard 5% discount to be the easiest. Althought the largest denomination I have found is $50 at Target.

10. JustUs275

JustUs275 Mouseketeer

I'm doing the same thing - saving 5% off our cruise price, and our TA has been very pleasant about applying several $50 gift cards every month! :)

11. baseballmickey

baseballmickey DDC #644

The GCs in BJs that I have seen are all the same % off. about 4%. $100 card for $95.99, $50 card for $47.99, and $25 for $23.99.

I also have a Target Debit Redcard and use that to get GCs at 5% off. I started filling prescriptions there and I am waiting to earn my first bonus 5% coupon to stack on top of that.

My one note about the Target debit card. There is a limit to how much you can buy at any one time, and also a limit for a certain time period. Based on how often you use your card and how long you've had it, your limit *should* be higher than someone like me, who has only had the card for about half a year. Unfortunately, they can't tell you what your limit is even if you ask. So, don't be like me and walk up to the register with $1000 worth of gift cards only to get denied!! :lmao:

12. jfahome

jfahome DIS Veteran

We have Kroger grocery stores here. Occasionally they will run 4X gas fuel points when buying gift cards, which include Disney cards. So, we always try to keep an eye out for that special and then we can save a lot on gas. They always have 2x deals but they will run the 4X every so often. We saved quite a bit on fuel that way in the past.

13. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

I just noticed yesterday that our Kroger is doing the 4x promo until September 8th. If your car takes about 20 gallons, that works out to about 8% off.

Side note on the Target deal. If you fill 5 prescriptions with them, you get an additional 5% coupon to use on one day only. That can be combined with your red card discount to get close to 10% off on the Disney gift cards. Thats the best deal I've found. Good luck!

Jodie

14. heeljeff

heeljeff Earning My Ears

I'm assuming these Target Disney Gift Cards are the cards that say "SHOP DINE STAY PLAY" on the front?
    Can I call Disney myself and apply them, or do I have to email the numbers to my TA? I dunno how happy my TA would be if I called up with 100 gift cards.

15. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

If you booked with a travel agent, they have to make your payments for you...

16. heeljeff

heeljeff Earning My Ears

Ok thanks...it'll have to do as 5% is 5%!

17. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

Check w/ your TA since some have limits on how many they will apply each day. I believe Dreams Unlimited has a max of 10 per day.