Disney Gift Cards and Vacation?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by DisneyDoll10/28, Jun 13, 2006.

1. DisneyDoll10/28

DisneyDoll10/28 Child Meltdown! Child Meltdown!

Can you use the Disney Gift Cards (either purchased thru a store or online) to pay for your vacation packages? Can they be used to pay your bill at the end of the vacation if you charged everything to your room? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyDoll10/28

4. DisneyDoll10/28

Bump. Anyone anyone?

5. Debi

Debi <font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea

They have to be the gift cards purchased at WDW. The Disney Store and disneyshopping.com are no longer owned by Disney, so their gift cards are not valid at WDW. Hope this answers your question?

6. DisneyDoll10/28

Thats great to know. So if they are purchased thru Disney online, they would still work anywhere at the parks, correct?

7. Carrieannew

Carrieannew DIS Veteran

You might want to check on that. I thought the new cards they came out with recently can also be used in any disney park or resort. I could be wrong though. :confused3

8. MagicMe

MagicMe DIS Veteran

I agree - I understand that the "new" gift cards that you can purchase at the Disney Store are good at Disney Resorts and Parks (in most cases). Has anyone used them?

9. Disneynutbsv

Disneynutbsv DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>If I had kept

The new ones can be used at wdw, but from my understanding the front desks of the hotels will not take the card (I believe I read that here on the board somewhere).

10. jengelbrecht

jengelbrecht Mouseketeer

But does the front desks at the resorts accept Disney Dollars? I'd like to upgrade my tickets and use my Disney $$ before heading to the parks. :confused3

11. Mickey&Donald

Mickey&Donald <font color=blue>Por favor mantenganse alejado de

Carrieannew is correct -- the gift cards sold at the Disney Store are good for use at WDW, Disneyland, on the Disney Cruise Line, disneyshopping.com, and at Disney Stores, of course. They made their debut May 1st, and have a holographic Mickey on them, FYI.

12. rhiannonwales

rhiannonwales I sometimes stare so much that I see perversion in

As of right now they are not good for paying off packages or resort rooms at WDW, but they are good for that at DL.A CM told me that they are in the process of upgrading WDW resorts to be able to accept the cards, but no ETA on when it will happen.
    Sherrie

13. LSchrow

LSchrow <font color=green>We're eating brussel sprouts & a

the holographic mickey GC's sold at disney stores & disneyshopping.com are identical. they are good at DL, DCL, DS & .com, as well as "most" places at WDW.
    according to BWV, they are still not accepted at the resorts' front desks yet (unfortunately, i had converted $400 DD's to the GC to pay for our DVC DP ~ looks like we're going to have to do a LOT of drinking to use it up :drinking: )

DD's are still accepted at the front desks.

14. DisneyDoll10/28

Okay so can you purchase disney dollars thru the website or over the phone? I ask this because my FMIL is throwing me a "Honey Moon" Shower in August and I wanted to put in the cards that people could contribute to our honeymoon by buying the GC but if they can't be used at the front desk then maybe the DD is the other option to give to people. The DDP has to paid at the front desk, right? So DD would be acceptable at the front desks to pay for that. I don't want to seem like a money grubber here from my guests at the shower, it's just that this is what my FMIL decided to do and at the time we were going on a cruise (not disney) and the travel agent we were using had great contribution cards to stick in the invites so I'm trying to do something along those lines. Sigh. Thanks!!

15. LSchrow

LSchrow <font color=green>We're eating brussel sprouts & a

one canNOT purchase DD's online or by phone. (they can be purchased at a DS or WDW tho).

the GC's can be bought online (tho can't be reloaded online), DS & WDW (DCL & DL also accept them).

all EXCEPT online (& any phone orders) accept DD's.

so, yes, you would need DD's for the DDP. (& another btw ;) GC's canNOT be used to purchase DD's)

of course, i'm hoping they'll have the systems to accept the GC's in the resorts VERY soon (initially they said by late 2006)

hth :sunny:

adding in a link to the GC FAQ:
    http://disney.go.com/disneygiftcard/use.html#wdw_details

16. DisneyDoll10/28

Hmmm. Hopefully the first week in Nov will be considered "late 2006". Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it!

Danielle

17. Debi

Debi <font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea

Wow, I didn't realize that the GC's can now be used at certain locations in WDW. Thanks for the heads up! :)

I agree that Disney Dollars are the way to go. They are accepted all over WDW and are treated like cash.

Have a magical vacation!

18. Disneynutbsv

from disneyshopping.com

19. Disneynutbsv

and more

20. DisneyDoll10/28

Brenda you rock! Thanks!!!! I only wonder when they WILL be allowed to use at the front desks.... hmmmm

21. Disneynutbsv

lol, your welcome:)
    I purchased one gc so that I can use it for Crystal Palace. My dd did the kidzeyes surveys and she has a $75 gc for merchandise. I figured it was better than having her carry around cash!
    Have a great time!