Disney Gift Card Deals

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Wanna be Ariel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. DisGirl819

DisGirl819 <font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali

Does anyone know if I can buy Disney GCs at Walgreens or Walmart? And can I use a Walmart or Walgreens GC to buy a Disney GC?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ErinC

ErinC DIS Veteran

I know that our Walgreens had Disney gift cards because I bought one for DD's teacher for Christmas. Im not sure if you can use another gift card to pay for it.

I do know that I took my $100 Walmart gift card to Sam's Club last night and purchased 4 $25 Disney gift cards with it. I don't kow why you wouldn't be able to do the same at Walmart. I was a little concerned because the last time I did it I had more than $100 of food in my cart at Sams. Last night I only had around $40 worth of food, so the gift card purchase far outweighed what I had in food. Going to put my Christmas bonus towards my AP purchase!

4. Woth2982

Woth2982 DIS Veteran

If anyone has a discover card, they are have a 2% cash back bonus special for Jan 1-15, BJs has $100 gift cards for $96 and $50 for $46, add in the 2% cash back that is a 6% savings. I will be making a trip to BJs next weekend.

5. MickeyP

MickeyP DIS Veteran

Why would anyone buy a 100.00 GC and not 2 50.00 GCs???? Jus sayin' 96.00 or 92.00. Hmmmmmmm.

6. sksjasams

sksjasams DIS Veteran

I used two $10 Walgreens gift cards to buy a $20 PSN (playstation network) card. It was the only item I purchased, and I had no issues at all. HTH

7. COASTIEandMATE

COASTIEandMATE Mouseketeer

It depends on the individual store. Our Walmart and Target do not carry Disney gift cards, yes I have asked the managers, but our Safeway does. Go figure... :confused3

8. Fire14

Fire14 Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I've not seen Disney GC's at walmart but have at sam's club and you can use Walmart GC there. AS for walgreens I used a walgreens gc to get disney gc but it was a hassle.

9. DisGirl819

DisGirl819 <font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll figure something else out for getting Disney GCs :) I was trying to redeem CC points for GCs but Disney is not offered so I was looking at the other options and deciding if I can convert them/purchase them with a store GC. I'm thinking I'll just do something else.

10. missx0xdelaney

missx0xdelaney Mouseketeer

For anyone who is enrolled in Target Pharmacy rewards, I just received a mailer today with some coupons for OTC pharmacy items and it included a $10 off a $100 purchase coupon. 2 $50 Disney gcs for $90, plus Redcard 5% is a pretty decent deal (especially with my team member discount :cool1: ). Thought you guys might want to know! :)

11. Meetmeinmontauk

Meetmeinmontauk DIS Veteran

I know you get the 5% discount because it's considered an entertainment card. Can you also use the $10 off $100 even though it says no gift cards?

12. missx0xdelaney

Yes you can. They mean Target store gift cards and prepaid Visa/Amex cards because they are like "money". Disney and the other restaurant/etc gift cards merchandised with them are like "merchandise", so to speak.

13. DisMN

DisMN DIS Veteran

Thankyou so much for the heads up! I had a coupon in the mail today but didn't even THINK to get more Disney cards with it. :goodvibes

14. Meetmeinmontauk

Meetmeinmontauk DIS Veteran

Thanks! I am so bummed though :( I had a $10 off $75 coupon that I let expire this month :furious:

15. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

Any good GC deal out there???

16. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Not that I know of, I just bought some with my 5% off at Target, just because we are going next week and I haven't seen anything better lately.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

17. g8torphan

g8torphan Registered

Bought some today and they didn't give me the discount :(

18. SUSIEQ

SUSIEQ DIS Veteran

Did you ask someone at Customer Service why you didn't get the discount?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

19. g8torphan

g8torphan Registered

Yep, they said they couldn't be used with Gift Cards.

20. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

They are actually entertainment cards, not gift cards and should ring up with the discount. The only ones that don't are Target, Amex, Visa, etc GC's.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21. missx0xdelaney

Did you actually swipe and use your Redcard to pay? If you're using the card, the cashier has no way to "deny" you the discount. It comes off immediately when you swipe your card (or enter your pin if it's the debit Redcard). :confused3