Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen the sites Raise.com and Giftcardzen.com for discounted cards. Are there better ones with higher discounted rates?

Ha, ha, Karenc15 - I'm nervous :) I'll let you know. Thank you for your help. I sure wish I had known this before I already bought the first $2500 with only the 5%. Oh well, I did buy Southwest giftcards earlier today and booked my flight with them. Saved $20, that's not a lot, but that will pay for tips on one sit down meal!! Every little bit helps!

Well, it did not work like I thought it did. I entered my giftcard information, but after the order process and I got my confirmation, it said I paid by credit card. I called the Customer Service Center (which was in India and I could not understand the guy) and he said he couldn't do anything about it and it was charged to my credit card. EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! What did I do wrong, help please. There must be a trick to this.

Well, it did not work like I thought it did. I entered my giftcard information, but after the order process and I got my confirmation, it said I paid by credit card. I called the Customer Service Center (which was in India and I could not understand the guy) and he said he couldn't do anything about it and it was charged to my credit card. EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! What did I do wrong, help please. There must be a trick to this.
Before you confirm your order, you have to edit payment method and select your gift card.

There's no "trick" but you need to be mindful of what the order screen says to make sure you've done it correctly. If you've applied the Target GCs and the amount you had on the Target GCs was enough to cover the whole amount of your Disney GC purchase, you will see on the order confirmation page that nothing is being charged to your Target Red Card and you won't be asked to enter your Red Card 3-digit code. You can see all of this before finalizing the order. Just read the screen carefully to make sure before you click the last button to submit the order.

Have you received your e gift cards yet? Thanks.
I got an email this morning saying I had to call in to verify my order.
I called and verified.
Within minutes the gift cards were available in my GCR account.
I immediately went to Target.com and purchased $100 in GC's using my Red Card and the GC codes and all went well:earsboy: No tax was added...using Safari by the way.
Thanks all for the info!

Oh no! Sorry to hear this. This may be a longshot, but can you go into your account and cancel the order and do it over. I did this once when I charged to my debit instead of the gift cards, but I'm not sure if there is a time limit for cancelling.

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked numerous times, but didn't see it in the last few pages I went through. That I can tell the discount gc sites include cardpool, raise, gift card zen and I just saw gift card rescue. Does anybody have negative experiences with any of these? Any that should just be steered clear of? TIA :)

:flower::flower:Maybe, since requesting how the online gift cards to Target => purchase Disney gift cards is a frequenly asked question, a moderator could make some notes on this at the beginning of the thread?

...just a thought.... :flower::flower::flower:

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked numerous times, but didn't see it in the last few pages I went through. That I can tell the discount gc sites include cardpool, raise, gift card zen and I just saw gift card rescue. Does anybody have negative experiences with any of these? Any that should just be steered clear of? TIA :)

I don't think any are bad enough that you should steer clear of them. There will be negative experience stories for all sites, though. But that goes for any store or website pretty much on the planet. I think the overwhelming majority of people here have good experiences with all those sites and you should feel comfortable ordering from them.

I personally have only used Cardpool and Raise, over a dozen times, and have had excellent transactions with both.

I don't think any are bad enough that you should steer clear of them. There will be negative experience stories for all sites, though. But that goes for any store or website pretty much on the planet. I think the overwhelming majority of people here have good experiences with all those sites and you should feel comfortable ordering from them.

I personally have only used Cardpool and Raise, over a dozen times, and have had excellent transactions with both.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. Just wanted to make sure none of them were an overwhelming result of bad experiences :)

Okay, thank you to everyone for helping me sort my mess out. I called Target and I can return the gift cards I purchased that they charged to my credit card instead of using my gift card. I reordered the Disney Gift cards again, and SUCESSFULLY got this order to accept my Target Gift Card. I did have to call them about the tax because it showed on the order confirmation and my email confirmation that they had charged me tax. So, my discount for buying the $500 Target card with my Disney Visa and then $500 of Disney Gift Cards turned out to be 14.27%. Wow, now I will buy some more. I think I will use my total savings when I am finished to upgrade our two standard rooms to a suite and a standard room at the ASMusic. We could use the extra bathroom since there are 5 adults and one 2 yr. old going on the trip. Thank you all again for all of your help. Woo! Hoo! I love saving money and getting Free Dining also :mickeyjum.

Any BJ's shoppers out there? What Dis GC denominations are they selling? I had an Amex offer on my Preferred card to spend $50 there and get a $25 statement credit (can be used 3x). In store only.

Jodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter