Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I found the trick to getting ebates to pay out on gift cards. I had an order that included about half gift cards and half other items (a bookcase, etc.) Ebates paid on the entire amount, not just the non-card items.
When I tried this, I only received Ebates on the non-gift card part of my order.

There is no number for Mail Innovations because all that is a UPS/USPS hybrid system that is cheaper for companies to use.

When you say the package was open...was it taped back shut? Did it come in a USPS "we care" envelope for damaged mail? Or was it just open on your porch?

Chances are this will be a very frustrating experience where 3 companies (Target, UPS, and USPS) will just want to keep pointing you in the direction of someone else, probably with results you won't like.

If you paid with a credit card, the final option would be to file a dispute with your credit card company for merchandise not received. I've never had to do that so I can't be of further help but I do know it's an option.

I don't have a mail box on my front porch, I have a cluster box where you have to have a key in order to get to your mail. The package doesn't have a damaged envelope, it was opened. I had 8 packages in my box and all the rest were sealed perfectly with the exception of that one. I called UPS and they said of course I had to take it up with Target. I called Target again and they said they were going to look further into it and give me a call back. I paid using a gift card from raise. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

When I tried this, I only received Ebates on the non-gift card part of my order.

Interesting. I wonder if it was because the items I ordered cost more than the gift cards. Didn't think so, though... I had about $215 in various gift cards and only $200 in furniture. I got nearly $8 back from ebates.

I don't have a mail box on my front porch, I have a cluster box where you have to have a key in order to get to your mail. The package doesn't have a damaged envelope, it was opened. I had 8 packages in my box and all the rest were sealed perfectly with the exception of that one. I called UPS and they said of course I had to take it up with Target. I called Target again and they said they were going to look further into it and give me a call back. I paid using a gift card from raise. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.
I hope this works out for you. I guess I am happy I buy my gift cards 1 or 2 at a time and plan to stick with it after your experience. It would be a little less hard to take the potential loss of $50 rather than $500. Can they not put a block on the gift cards until they are located? And have you tracked the cards yourself through the UPS site or just Target's website? (Not trying to assume you haven't done anything...just trying to help speed up the process.) You say that you need a key to get your mail so you can rule out a neighbor getting into the package, right? UGH! I hope it all works out!!

I hope this works out for you. I guess I am happy I buy my gift cards 1 or 2 at a time and plan to stick with it after your experience. It would be a little less hard to take the potential loss of $50 rather than $500. Can they not put a block on the gift cards until they are located? And have you tracked the cards yourself through the UPS site or just Target's website? (Not trying to assume you haven't done anything...just trying to help speed up the process.) You say that you need a key to get your mail so you can rule out a neighbor getting into the package, right? UGH! I hope it all works out!!
It's Target's problem, legally. They're responsible to get the merchandise to the buyer, and they failed to do so. They may have a claim with USPS or UPS, but the buyer only has to deal with Target, and they'll have to make it right.

It's Target's problem, legally. They're responsible to get the merchandise to the buyer, and they failed to do so. They may have a claim with USPS or UPS, but the buyer only has to deal with Target, and they'll have to make it right.

This is a tough situation though because technically they did get the merchandise to the address that it was intended for. It's a case of he said she said. Anyone can call up and say hey my package was opened send me more gift cards please and they could totally be lying.

Any claim with USPS or UPS would be denied because the package shows as delivered and these packages are not insured so USPS and UPS are not on the hook for anything here.

My gut tells me if you push and push hard enough Target will send you a refund but it's gonna be a battle.

This is a tough situation though because technically they did get the merchandise to the address that it was intended for. It's a case of he said she said. Anyone can call up and say hey my package was opened send me more gift cards please and they could totally be lying.

Any claim with USPS or UPS would be denied because the package shows as delivered and these packages are not insured so USPS and UPS are not on the hook for anything here.

My gut tells me if you push and push hard enough Target will send you a refund but it's gonna be a battle.
The only reason this will be difficult is because Target also owns the payment method.

The he-said-she-said is just one of the risks that companies take on when they sell online. You pay for the goods, and Target pays UPS or USPS to delivery it for them. Target can file a claim with them, but you can sue Target. And win. Every time. They know this, so they'll work to make it right.

I'm assuming the same thing. I feel at a total lost right now. I saved $600 from raise and Target combined but if I lose out on this $500, all this would be for nothing. I'm feeling pretty defeated at this point. My cruise isn't till next year so I have time to figure this out. Fingers crossed!

I'm assuming the same thing. I feel at a total lost right now. I saved $600 from raise and Target combined but if I lose out on this $500, all this would be for nothing. I'm feeling pretty defeated at this point. My cruise isn't till next year so I have time to figure this out. Fingers crossed!
They should be able to try to deactivate the card or put a hold on them through Disney. Or at least give you the information so you can submit a claim with Disney. If you have the original receipt that has the activation information, (which Target can provide to you I am sure) then you can report the Gift Cards lost or stolen through Disney as long as they have not been used. There is this option on the Disney Gift Card App so I am sure it is possible. The Disney number is 1-877-650-4327 They say they can freeze the funds and transfer it to a new card. Original proof of purchase is required (but since Target doesn't put the activation information on the packing slips/receipts you might need more information from Target.

Fun little update. Gift cards are back in stock I called to get my order resent. Target's system wouldn't allow a replacement order OR a refund so they have to put in a "research" and I have to wait ANOTHER week to either get the money refunded to my gift cards or have a replacement order sent.

The level of customer service in these outsourced foreign call centers is abysmal at best.

And of course I'm about to place another order since it's still the best deal out there and I know my case is the minority. But I really hope this doesn't happen to any of you because it's a giant pain.

I have had similar issues. First incident was identical to yours. I ordered $200 worth of GCs and within 3 days it said the order was shipped and gave me the tracking number but UPS never received it. It took about a month of multiple phone calls to get the issue resolved but I did eventually receive the gcs.

The last time I ordered GCs, Target sent out my GC's via UPS. Once the package was sent to my area, Target/UPS used USPS to deliver to my house. I watched the tracking like a hawk and saw that it was being delivered on Thusday. Mid-day Thursday, I noticed that it was delivered approximately 15 minutes prior to me seeing the notification. I left work and checked our mailbox and it wasn't there. I called USPS and they said "while it is showing it as delivered, it won't actually be delivered till Friday". Of course this made no sense.:sad2: By Saturday I still had not received. USPS turned around and claimed it was delivered on Thursday and then told me I should have had insurance on my package. I called Target and asked if they could cancel out the gift cards in case they were stolen. I was on the phone with them for over an hour being passed around like a football, trying to find someone to help me. The last Representative I talked to told me I was out of luck and that I should stop buying them online and just purchase them from the store. Losing $100 might not seem like a lot to some, but I was devastated. Luck was on my side though and a honest person who lived a few blocks away from us received it and delivered it to me a two weeks later.

In some ways this wasn't Target's fault. But then again, Target choose to save on shipping cost by allowing packages to be deliver by USPS and doesn't not provide an option to add insurance for shipping. Since this incident, I've decided the little discount just wasn't worth the stress it caused.

I hope Target can resolve your issue quickly. Best of luck!

I have had the worst luck whenever I've tried to deal with any USPS issue for any reason (I haven't had missing GCs, but other delivery or service issues). Then they wonder why they are going bankrupt. No offense to any good letter carriers or postal workers out there, but my experience has been that it's nearly impossible to get an issue resolved and customer service doesn't exist. I hope the OP gets her issue resolved with Target!

They should be able to try to deactivate the card or put a hold on them through Disney. Or at least give you the information so you can submit a claim with Disney. If you have the original receipt that has the activation information, (which Target can provide to you I am sure) then you can report the Gift Cards lost or stolen through Disney as long as they have not been used. There is this option on the Disney Gift Card App so I am sure it is possible. The Disney number is 1-877-650-4327 They say they can freeze the funds and transfer it to a new card. Original proof of purchase is required (but since Target doesn't put the activation information on the packing slips/receipts you might need more information from Target.

I tried this and Target claimed that they received the GCS from Disney activated and that they do not have the physical numbers on file. I found it hard to believe Target does not have the individual GCS on file and thought the first representative was wrong. However, when I asked to speak to a manager, I received the same answer. Hopefully someone will have better luck than I did. I really don't trust the information given to me by the call center.

I have had the worst luck whenever I've tried to deal with any USPS issue for any reason (I haven't had missing GCs, but other delivery or service issues). Then they wonder why they are going bankrupt. No offense to any good letter carriers or postal workers out there, but my experience has been that it's nearly impossible to get an issue resolved and customer service doesn't exist. I hope the OP gets her issue resolved with Target!

LOL. I couldn't agree with you more. We have had a number of incidents were USPS said a package was delivered and it wasn't. Why do they always have to screw up delivering the valuable stuff? Why couldn't they forget to deliver my bills or junk mail:)

Please tell me more. A search at the google play store doesn't come up with anything.
You can still call the number if you get the activation information though.
I tried this and Target claimed that they received the GCS from Disney activated and that they do not have the physical numbers on file. I found it hard to believe Target does not have the individual GCS on file and thought the first representative was wrong. However, when I asked to speak to a manager, I received the same answer. Hopefully someone will have better luck than I did. I really don't trust the information given to me by the call center.
They should be able to give you the receipt like we get if we buy them in the store with the activation number on it. Not the gift card number. Disney is not so smart if they ship gift cards to Target already activated. Disney is VERY willing to work with people. Maybe if you call the Disney number and give them your receipt info from Target's packing list. It's a long shot but I wouldn't give up.

LOL. I couldn't agree with you more. We have had a number of incidents were USPS said a package was delivered and it wasn't. Why do they always have to screw up delivering the valuable stuff? Why couldn't they forget to deliver my bills or junk mail:)
I called about a package that was showing delivered last week. They said that the postal workers scan the packages when they put them in there car so it should be there shortly. It was, but whose to say the package didn't fall out of the box or put somewhere else and never delivered. IMO they should not scan anything until it is there and where they are when it is scanned should be traceable if they are not going to be held responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter