Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've done to limit my risk is to cash in gift cards early for other gift cards. For example, we are planning a trip to Mall of America and American Girl Place in the fall. I just bought two discounted $25 gift cards for American Girl from Raise.com

As soon as I received the gift cards I went to the American Girl website and ordered a $50 gift card and paid for it with the two $25 gift cards I purchased through raise.com.

Not sure if anyone can confirm, but I feel better about doing this for gift cards I plan to hold on to for awhile.
That works for some retailers and not for others.

I was able to use an e-gift card from Shula's to purchase a physical GC on their website. But when I tried to use e-gift cards from Macy's to do the same thing, my order got canceled.

OT, but I've never used RAISE before. If I buy a Starbucks one from there, can it be added to my Starbucks app on my iPhone? Otherwise, how do you keep track of the balance of the e-card. The smallest value I see is still for $50 and that would mean I would be PRETTY HYPED on caffeine if I had to drink $50 worth of lattes at one time :rotfl2:

Just a word of caution. Starbucks is well known for not only taking the funds of the card you attached, but also any other money you may have attached to your Starbucks account if they find you've attached a fraudulent card.

Some of the GCs sold to these places have been purchased using stolen credit cards or other means. While Raise may give you back the value of the GC you purchased, your gold account and other funds won't be so lucky.

So if your going to go this route, keep it separate or on its own account. :thumbsup2

Just a word of caution. Starbucks is well known for not only taking the funds of the card you attached, but also any other money you may have attached to your Starbucks account if they find you've attached a fraudulent card.

Some of the GCs sold to these places have been purchased using stolen credit cards or other means. While Raise may give you back the value of the GC you purchased, your gold account and other funds won't be so lucky.

So if your going to go this route, keep it separate or on its own account. :thumbsup2
When I first look into buying from Raise, I did a lot of googling before I jumped in. One of the most frequent complaints was that Starbucks does this. Raise is great about refunding your money for the bad GC, but Starbucks is pretty quick to close accounts and keep the all of the money in it, as well as delete your gold status.

There are always so many other ways to get a good deal on Starbucks GCs that they are one of the cards that I just won't purchase on the discount websites.

When I first look into buying from Raise, I did a lot of googling before I jumped in. One of the most frequent complaints was that Starbucks does this. Raise is great about refunding your money for the bad GC, but Starbucks is pretty quick to close accounts and keep the all of the money in it, as well as delete your gold status.

There are always so many other ways to get a good deal on Starbucks GCs that they are one of the cards that I just won't purchase on the discount websites.
That's good to know. I guess I won't be buying SB eCerts anymore. I don't want my account to get closed down.

This may be a dumb question, but can I use Starbucks gift cards at the Starbucks locations in Disney world?

I would call Raise right now and have them resolve the issue. It took me 2 weeks and several phone calls to get DD to even tell me why they froze my gc. When I called raise about it, they were able to see on there computer it was flagged.

I was debating on whether I should wait to see what Best Western says but after reading your post I decided not to wait and just emailed Raise. It makes me feel a lot better than just waiting for Best Western to respond. Thanks!

Just did my first raise-target-disney deal. Got the $50 card on Raise for 7.2% off and then turned right around and ordered a $50 card online with my 5% RedCard. $50 closer to our trip, and 12.2% saved!

I *just* ordered a $10 card on raise for starbucks too, before seeing these new replies. Is it common for starbucks cards on raise to be faulty??? I just got it to refill on my own card a bit, and combined it with my main card already. I am no where near gold status, but I don't want to be out $8 anyway. Maybe I will just get those in small increments to cover my butt so I'm not losing a lot if they are bad.

Can you pay for Disney gift cards with Target gift cards at Target brick-and-mortar stores?

Thanks!

One thing I've done to limit my risk is to cash in gift cards early for other gift cards. For example, we are planning a trip to Mall of America and American Girl Place in the fall. I just bought two discounted $25 gift cards for American Girl from Raise.com

As soon as I received the gift cards I went to the American Girl website and ordered a $50 gift card and paid for it with the two $25 gift cards I purchased through raise.com.

Not sure if anyone can confirm, but I feel better about doing this for gift cards I plan to hold on to for awhile.

This has been a worry of mine with having multiple $25 and $50 Disney GCs. I've contemplated using them to purchase larger value cards to limit my risk of losing some. I'm assuming I could do this right?

Has the points accrual on Perk TV slowed down drastically for anyone else? I was getting a $10 card every 2.5 days or so and this week I've been going 5 days now and am only at 7800. I'm not doing anything differently. Did something change?

This has been a worry of mine with having multiple $25 and $50 Disney GCs. I've contemplated using them to purchase larger value cards to limit my risk of losing some. I'm assuming I could do this right?

I don't think you can, at least not easily. I believe it has been noted in this thread that the Disney Store won't do it. You can combine them online in a Disney Savings Account to pay off the room/package though. But then you cant use that money in the parks - so if you want some of it for souvenirs or food in the parks you have to carry those with you.

But I think the person you quoted was referring to the risk of getting a dud card from Raise. By turning it around and getting a new one right away you don't risk it being bad and being out of the 60 day money back thing from Raise.

I ordered Disney GCs from Target last night (using Raise first -- great new idea). I realize they may not arrive before I leave on Friday, but they probably will get to our home before I check out from the GCH on Monday. Can I use them at check out if my husband (who is not going with me) can give me the card number and pin?

I don't think you can, at least not easily. I believe it has been noted in this thread that the Disney Store won't do it. You can combine them online in a Disney Savings Account to pay off the room/package though. But then you cant use that money in the parks - so if you want some of it for souvenirs or food in the parks you have to carry those with you.

But I think the person you quoted was referring to the risk of getting a dud card from Raise. By turning it around and getting a new one right away you don't risk it being bad and being out of the 60 day money back thing from Raise.

Oh! Okay. Thank you. I'm glad I asked.

We'll either have to be careful or use them to pay off room charges and just use the MB to charge stuff at the parks.

Has the points accrual on Perk TV slowed down drastically for anyone else? I was getting a $10 card every 2.5 days or so and this week I've been going 5 days now and am only at 7800. I'm not doing anything differently. Did something change?

They changed it so you get 2 points for every video, but it's been horrible! The app is always crashing or takes forever to load a video. I used to earn $5+ A day from my phone farm, but I couldn't even break $5 for this entire week!

I ordered Disney GCs from Target last night (using Raise first -- great new idea). I realize they may not arrive before I leave on Friday, but they probably will get to our home before I check out from the GCH on Monday. Can I use them at check out if my husband (who is not going with me) can give me the card number and pin?

Your mileage may vary, but my answer was no, when I tried it.

I had the Disney Vacation Account and had loaded all my cards into it. For whatever reason (silliness!), they could not use DVA on an Annual Passholder rate at GC. I escalated to manager and asked them to just use it as a gift card (because DVA Account number acts as a gift card if entered online or by a CM) and they said the only way they can accept a gift card is if the physical card is there.

I mentioned that the entire reason I started a Disney Vacation Account was so that they did not have to enter 35 gift cards individually. They sympathized and said "just bring us the stack of gift cards next time". So, when we arrive at GCH on March 12th, I will have a stack of cards, and frankly, not feel one bit guilty that they have to enter them one by one.

My experience at Disneyland as a whole (my home park) with DVA was not good. I was able to use it over the phone for Annual Passes and entered as a gift card online for special events but that was about it.

Perhaps your husband could overnight/FedEx the cards to you at the hotel?

They changed it so you get 2 points for every video, but it's been horrible! The app is always crashing or takes forever to load a video. I used to earn $5+ A day from my phone farm, but I couldn't even break $5 for this entire week!

I just read yesterday that they have just changed it to 1 or 0 points for most videos, which explains the crawl I was experiencing. There was some speculation as to whether or not it was Super Bowl related since they said their demand is higher during events like that, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns around soon.

Quick question - we have a 5% off Target Pharmacy rewards certificate that can be used either online, or in-store. I know it's been stated in the past that it cannot be used to further discount Disney gift cards, and the fine-print on the in-store version says as much:
"Savings certificate cannot be used on ..., gift cards, prepaid cards, etc..."

However, the fine-print on the online versions says this:
"Promotional Code cannot be redeemed on purchaes of... Target gift cards and prepaid cards, gift wrap, or shipping and handling charges"

It says nothing of other gift cards, only Target gift cards.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I signed up for raise and set an alert for targe gift cards. Ive been sent a bunch of alerts so far of 10% off so far since yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter