Disney GC Paranoia

la la limon

Mouseketeer
I've been squirreling gift cards away for our upcoming trip using Disneygiftcard.com and I'm suddenly paranoid that all the money stored on my cards won't be there (weird, I know). I really don't want to schlep around a stack of cards for the slight chance that something could go wrong. Those who have combined gift cards in the past, please calm my fears! ;-)

Combined GC are awesome and never heard about an issue.

In fact, I just added $200 to my combined amount today. I have no fear it won't be there in September.

I had an issue a few months ago. I bought 7 - $100 gift cards from staples when the AMEX 25of100 deal was running. I combined the first six with no issues, but when I added the 7th it drained the last card, but did not add the balance to my main gift card. It took two weeks, and about five phone calls before getting it cleared up. They finally made it right, but it was a huge hassle.

I had an issue a few months ago. I bought 7 - $100 gift cards from staples when the AMEX 25of100 deal was running. I combined the first six with no issues, but when I added the 7th it drained the last card, but did not add the balance to my main gift card. It took two weeks, and about five phone calls before getting it cleared up. They finally made it right, but it was a huge hassle.

Yikes! That sounds awful. So far all of my funds loaded with no problem, so I'm going to continue to hope that all goes seamlessly once in the park. Thanks for the responses!

Was that combining gift cards, or adding the card to a DVA account? I've heard of that problem with DVA, but never with the gift card site.

Maybe it is just me but I like having more than one gift card. That way they can be split up so if lost or stolen you do not lose everything. We normally charge everything to the room and pay it off because that is what DH prefers but I like using the gift cards for purchases because it is easier to keep track of spending.

Maybe it is just me but I like having more than one gift card. That way they can be split up so if lost or stolen you do not lose everything. We normally charge everything to the room and pay it off because that is what DH prefers but I like using the gift cards for purchases because it is easier to keep track of spending.
I don't like walking around Disney with a single GC containing a large balance. But I do like to be able to combine GCs on the website so that I can purchase tickets and pay for extras onlline.

I haven't had a problem with the disneygiftcard .com website. The DVA is another story. That website has too many problems for me to want to deal with it.

It will be much worst if you loose the GC without a trace. If you loose or the GC get stolen you can go to the account immediately and transfer the whole balance to a new one.

We charge everything to the room and pay it off so having GC with large amounts makes it much easier and I am also not carrying them but I leave them in the save.

I worry a little too but it is a risk I am willing to take to save money. A few tips:
1. Have more than 1 card so you can transfer balance if you lose one.
2. Scan and print a copy of the ones with a balance and put it somewhere safe and away from the other cards.
3. Do not store those gift card #s in your email (Email is not secure!!!) or in photos in the cloud (Google/Apple). I know everyone says to take a picture but if you take a picture with your phone and that syncs somewhere to the cloud you have lost control over who all will see that information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter