Disney for $0 (long story)

That is such a sweet story. I wish them a fabulous vacation. It is the things we work hardest for that make us the happiest!

Glad your cousin can get her Disney fix in. With such a magical start it is bound to be a very magical trip.

What a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing it here. I hope they have a magical time - how could they not? :)

This is truly an amazing story! I think it is wonderful that she was able to "find" all of this money and not have to go into debt even further. What a great surprise on Easter too. Way to go!!

pixiedust: :shamrock:

I bet that since the trip was more or less free, that it will be even better than the other trips!

Wow, how cool! I got a teary eye when I read the last line about her husband. I hope they have a wonderful time!

this is such an amazing story. I am a firm believer that good things happen to good people. I hope they have a great vacation!

Ah, yeah, we don't do things like that. If he is ok with it, that is great, my DH would be very upset and I would be upset with him if he did something that major without discussing it with me first.

BUT, I will say that I might be able to co-erse it anyway. We are leaving Saturday for Disney and this trip was one that DH felt we didn't have the funds for. I showed him that I did have some $$ available and he agreed. He isn't a bad guy at all, just trying to keep our finances in order.

I hope they have a wonderful time.

Dawn

MossMan said:
That's funny you should say that Dawn. My cousin actually felt the same way. Her husband has almost been obsessive about paying down these debts.

But that's one reason why she raised the money and booked the trip without his knowledge. She knew if she had brought the money to him, he would have argued to put it agains their debts. This way she was able to present the trip as a done deal. In the end, I think that is why he ended up being so accepting. What else could he do.

What a great story!!! Where are they staying while they are there? I hope they have a blast, it sounds like they've earned it:)

I think that it's awesome that your cousin was able to find ways to make this trip happen. How great it must feel to know that she is able to pull it all together and still have no impact on their regular finances! It just goes to show that with creative thinking, it is possble to make a Disney vacation happen. Kuddos to your cousin!

A truly wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. This will be one special trip for them!

Very very sneaky and very very SMART!!!!! Everyone needs a vacation now and then. I hope they a have wonderful time!!!! :cheer2:

What a wonderful turn of events for her! I'm sure this will be remembered as one of her most magical trips ever!

How wonderful and exciting!! And I'm so very thankful her husband is willing and being a great guy, too. Paying down debt can be a super hard thing to do, and it's easy to forget to take time to smell the flowers sometimes. What a tenacious and thoughtful person! Hugs and lots of pixie dust!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

What a great story! Guess it goes to show that... Where there's a will there's a WAY!!! I hope they have a wonderful time!

DawnM said:
I am sorry to say that even if I found money, DH would never agree to spending it while we still had a loan out. I guess in some ways that is good, but honestly sometimes he can suck the fun right out of life (what I get for marrying an accountant!)

Hope she has a wonderful time.

Dawn

I'm the same as your husband. Not surprisingly, I'm in school (again, I'm 40) to become an accountant. $900 in the change jar is $900 to debt repayment, and we can make up that $900 AFTER we meet the priorities we've agreed to. And we'd have big problems in our marriage if my husband went behind my back and booked it.

I'm glad its working for her, though. And agree, she should have a wonderful time.

(And it sounds like the OP was very generous in their trailer rental... that's was nice of them.)

Now this story really added some magic to my day! :wizard: Thanks for sharing. Pixie dust to your cousin and family!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter