Disney Food Pictures...Part IV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1210576932_YQWht-L.jpg

A shop in Frontierland, MK. I cannot recall which one...maybe the Trading Post?

Casey's Corner - Magic Kingdom

1210628716_zweqZ-L.jpg

Corn Dog Nuggets & Apples

1210630580_Lb8Nb-L.jpg

Chicago Style Hot Dog. This was pretty good. Not quite authentic (no poppyseed bun!), but still good. The bun was too long for the dog though.

the lamb with oven-baked gigantes beans and pepper sauce:

246732_2125241447583_1142283436_2572166_6912534_n.jpg

The fisherman's stew:

247102_2125241167576_1142283436_2572165_1233991_n.jpg

For dessert my husband ordered the Galaktoboureko (semolina custard in baked phyllo dough and vanilla-praline gelato) and gave it a two thumbs up:

253432_2125240127550_1142283436_2572162_2801705_n.jpg

I had the chocolate budino cake (warm molten chocolate with whipped sweet cream) that was one of my favorite desserts from the entire week:

247836_2125239727540_1142283436_2572160_5233105_n.jpg

My daughter had a "dress it yourself" type of cookie but she barely touched it.

253746_2125239847543_1142283436_2572161_1274653_n.jpg

All in all our meal at Kouzzina was a very positive experience. I recommend to every one who appreciates some Mediterranean cuisine. And who doesn't?

Kalimera Kouzzina!

Jiko - The Cooking Place

Curried Cauliflower Soup

dsc0682p.jpg

Bread (YUM.)

dsc0683cq.jpg

Filet Mingon with Mac and Cheese and Wine Sauce (the sauce was a little too much for me)

dsc0684v.jpg

Maize-Crusted Corvina

dsc0685wn.jpg

Kona

Lilikoi Juice

dsc0725j.jpg

Tonga Toast

dsc0726k.jpg

Macadamia-Pineapple Pancakes

dsc0727vl.jpg

Shop in Liberty Square

Monorail Candy

dsc0747ht.jpg

The Plaza

Turkey Sandwich (minus the bacon and tomato)

dsc0772e.jpg

Vegetarian Sandwich

dsc0773z.jpg

Banana Split

dsc0776eq.jpg

Les Chefs de France

Bread

dsc0838f.jpg

Lobster Bisque

dsc0839o.jpg

Salmon

dsc0840w.jpg

Gratin de Macaroni

dsc0841m.jpg

Creme Brulee

dsc0844i.jpg

Apple Crepe (Not that good.)

dsc0845nv.jpg

Boma

Breakfast Buffet

dsc0851mn.jpg

dsc0852d.jpg

dsc0853xo.jpg

dsc0854c.jpg

Carmel Shop in Germany

dsc0963z.jpg

dsc0964dk.jpg

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

dsc0965zm.jpg

Lotus Blossom Cafe

Egg Rolls and Pot Stickers

dsc0993u.jpg

The Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream:

BEFORE

DSC00678.jpg

AFTER

DSC00679.jpg

Before anyone comments, we had 8 adults total. It wasnt just my husband and I that time.....although it probably would have looked the same.

Bangers and mash at Rose and Crown
300.jpg

Berry Breeze (I think that is the name) at 'Ohana
237.jpg

Lobster salad from Gasparilla Grill at GF
202.jpg

Sanaa

Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce (I think?), Basmati Rice (I think again?) and Beef Short Ribs.

This meal was FANTASTIC.

dsc1029u.jpg

Tandoori Lamb Chops with Basmati Rice (I think?)

dsc1030b.jpg

Orange Sesame Cake (WOW.)

dsc1032e.jpg

Mango Pudding

dsc1033k.jpg

The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

Hot Fudge Sundae

dsc1084v.jpg

One Scoop Vanilla with Mickey Ears

dsc1085.jpg

Yak & Yeti

Pot Stickers

dsc1118qb.jpg

Shrimp Lo Mein (YUM YUM YUM!!)

dsc1122e.jpg

Salmon

dsc1123d.jpg

Mango Pie

dsc1127w.jpg

Fortune Cookies

dsc1128l.jpg

Via Napoli

Salad

dsc0020pl.jpg

Pizza - 1/2 Pepperoni, 1/2 Egg Plant

dsc0023mc.jpg

Zeppoles

Boma

Breakfast Buffet

dsc0077bz.jpg

dsc0078als.jpg

dsc0079bi.jpg

dsc0080cg.jpg

Build your own pasta at Riverside Mill. (This one included alfredo sauce, chicken, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms)

floridalesleydoug469.jpg

Chocolate cake and beer from Kringla Bakeri in Norway

floridalesleydoug447.jpg

Strawberry waffle from Kringla Bakeri. They make these fresh on the spot for you.

floridalesleydoug446.jpg

Honeydew Kaki Gori

floridalesleydoug420.jpg

Cheeseburger from Contempo Cafe

floridalesleydoug359.jpg

Burger from Les Chefs de France

floridalesleydoug288.jpg

French Onion Soup from Les Chefs

floridalesleydoug287.jpg

Macaroni from Les Chefs

floridalesleydoug289.jpg

Profiteroles from Les Chefs

floridalesleydoug295.jpg

NY Strip from Planet Hollywood

floridalesleydoug236.jpg

Texas Tostados from Planet Hollywood

floridalesleydoug235.jpg

Chicken Lo Mein from Capt. Cook's

floridalesleydoug119.jpg

Pepperoni Flatbread from Capt. Cook's

floridalesleydoug118.jpg

Child's Mac and Cheese from Big River Grille (This was a VERY large portion and so much better than the regular WDW mac and cheese)

floridalesleydoug090.jpg

BLT Soup from Sci-Fi

100_1902.jpg

Citrus Pancakes from Grand Floridian Cafe

100_2076.jpg

Here are some more:

Seared marinated tofu at Sci-Fi
IMG_0913.jpg

Vegetarian burrito at Tortuga Tavern
IMG_0669.jpg

Fettucine Alfredo at Wolfgang Puck Express
IMG_0600.jpg

Pasta Alfredo at Tomorrowland Terrace
IMG_1054.jpg

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster of pictures! Very excited to share with everyone. I'll try to break this up into a few postings as it might get a little long. I'll include what resturaunt it was at, menu item description and mine or my boyfriends assessment of what it was! These are all from this past May (2011), it was a great trip because it was his first time my 8th so it was nice to share the World with him!

Only including table service meals here too, btw

Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast

Ham and Cheese Omelet - served with Breakfast Potatoes $10.49
P1000265.jpg

My boyfriend ordered this. He enjoyed it, but really it's kinda hard to screw up eggs isn't it?

Maple Vanilla French Toast - Challah Bread dipped in Maple and Vanilla flavored Batter with Bacon or Sausage $10.99
P1000266.jpg

Apparently not as easy to not screw up french toast. Bacon was so hard I thought I'd break a tooth on it and the french toast was gross. It seemed undercooked to the point where I was worried about if I'd be sick because of it. I think they must slice the bread and then just let it sit in the egg mix until someone orders it. It was soggy and the "maple vanilla" was nearly undetectable. Felt like I was eating bready raw eggs.

Service here was ok, but we will not return for breakfast again. Would try another meal here but definitely not breakfast.

Coral Reef Dinner

This will be the only other meal I put on this post as I want to make sure I'm doing things right. Coral Reef for dinner was fantastic! I'm glad I didn't listen to all the negative reviews I read because I really did enjoy my meal here as did my boyfriend.

Grilled Mahi Mahi - with laughing bird shrimp, heats of palm, jasmine rice and a coconut lime sauce $24.99
P1000351.jpg

This was delicious. My boyfriend ordered it and liked it a lot. I don't like fish but I tried some and it's something I would order if we came back one day. Not too fishy and the lime sauce was lovely and light. Great after a day in the sun!

Lobster Ravioli - can't find a description of this for the life of me, but it's fairly self explanatory.
P1000350.jpg

This wasn't much to look at, but was also delicious. The parmesan cheese added enough of a sharpness to counteract the creaminess of the sauce. I would absolutely order this again and recommend it to anyone who likes shellfish and pasta.

We also go the Chocolate Wave for dessert but forgot to take a photo. I think I'm the only person in the world to say this but.... I didn't like it. It just didn't do it for me.

Well I'll leave it here, but be back tonight to add more!

Thanks for looking!

Alright, round 2 for me

Artist Point Dinner

This is my absolute favourite restaurant so I'm a little biased in my reviews I think. We had a pretty crummy server this time, but I'm not here for the personality I'm here for the FOOD!! Haha

Smokey Portobello Soup - with Roasted Shiitakes and Chive Oil $9.00
P1000464.jpg

This is my fave soup in the world. I often joke that it'll be served at my wedding, the birth of my first child and my funeral. If you like soups, this is definitely one you have to try.

Grilled Certified Hand-cut Prime Black Angus Beef Tenderloin - with marble potatoes, garden beans, pearl onions and green peppercorn butter $43.00
P1000465.jpg

This is what my boyfriend had. I tried some and it was really good. We were unsure of the peppercorn butter as we don't like peppery foods but it was a really nice touch.

Char-grilled Buffalo Striploin Steak - with marble potatoes, garden vegetables, and Shiraz Gastrique $43.00
P1000467.jpg

Ok I'm pretty sure that's the wrong description but it WAS buffalo. I believe it was a sirloin type cut and it came with a three-cheese macaroni. The buffalo was delicious, it was cooked medium rare but as you can see that's very pink. It was warm throughout though so it was cooked right just a redder meat I guess. It was very tender and really yummy. The macaroni was orichette pasta and actually kind of cold but didn't put me off the meal. I'd order this again for sure, buffalo isn't exactly something you can get at any restaurant in town!

Artist Point Cobbler - Seasonal berries and housemade ice cream $10
P1000468.jpg

Their signature dessert. My boyfriend got this and really liked it. I've had it before and honestly I should have gotten it tonight too but thought I should try something different. I like how it's a berry ice cream instead of a vanilla like you'd get at most other restaurants.

Baked Peach Upside-Down Cake - with sweet and sour caramel sauce and roasted peach ice cream $10
P1000469.jpg

This was good enough but nothing to write home about. It was more cakey and less peachy than I had hoped for. Not bad, but I should have gotten the cobbler that I know I love.

Kona Cafe Dinner

I came here with low expectations because I dislike Ohana and the Luau so much, but I was pleasantly surprised.

For starters we split
Pot Stickers - wok-seared duck dumplings with creamy ginger soy sauce $7.49
P1000598.jpg

We both like pot stickers so it was a given that we'd order these. They were nice and not too heavy.

Then I had the
Teriyaki-style New York Strip - sirloin strip grilled with pineapple teriyaki glaze served with mashed Yukon gold potatoes and stir-fried broccolini $28.99
P1000600.jpg

I really liked the pineapple on it. It was a big steak and there wasn't much fat on it at all. I know some people on here have had bad experiences with it being too fatty or grisly but the day I was there it was pretty close to "just right".

My boyfriend had the
Pomegranate Barbecued Pork Chop served on pan-roasted fingerling potatoes and applewood smoked bacon braised Swiss chard $21.99
P1000599.jpg

This was really good too. The pomegranate was subtle but there and the sides with it were fantastic.

The main reason we went here was because I wanted to try their desserts. I had been craving this since I saw the menu:

Chocolate Fondue $6.99
P1000602.jpg

Umm, yes please! Something so good it doesn't need an explanation?!? Sign me up! It was really good, the fruit was fresh, chocolate was the perfect temperature and macaroons were good enough I wanted to shove some in my purse for later.

A Sweet Ending to Your Celebration... White Chocolate Cheesecake - Cheesecake with a hint of white chocolate, strawberry coulis, and whipped cream $5.49
P1000601.jpg

My boyfriend wasn't overly impressed with this. It's cheesecake, really can't screw it up. He was kind of hoping for the cheesecake of the Gods but I think I've talked up Disney food too much before we went away, haha!

Ok one more for tonight

Yak and Yeti Dinner

No idea why I booked here. I ate here my last trip and liked it though so maybe that's why? It's a decent place to have a sit down meal at AK though so I can't complain.

To start we got the dim sum basket which was really good but we failed to get pictures of it, sorry!

I ordered
Maple Tamarind Chicken - Seared chicken breast, Indonesian tamarind glaze, coconut ginger rice, baby bok choy, shiitake mushroom stir fry. $19.99
P1010002.jpg

This was pretty good. The glaze was a little, something. Not sure how to describe it, maybe wing-saucy? The sides were great though and the chicken WAS good, just.... different. But who doesn't like different now and again right??

He ordered
Seared Miso Salmon - miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry $23.99
P1010004.jpg

This was good as well. My boyfriend really liked it, and he's picky about his salmon since he travels to British Columbia and you can order your salmon fresh off the boat. I liked the miso glaze, probably would have gone well on my chicken!

For dessert I got
Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle $7.99
P1010005.jpg

This was tasty! The cream cheese wontons were really good as a dessert. I've had them as an appetizer before and never thought to pair them with fruit and ice cream! The honey drizzle was lick-off-the-plate good.

He got
Mango Pie - shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream, raspberry sauce $6.99
P1010006.jpg

This was a huge serving of a delicious piece of pie. It was really refreshing and light. I'd come back here just for a slice of this and a chance to get out of the sun.

Hope you enjoyed, I'll be back tomorrow with the rest of my pics!

In honor of my father JUST surprising me and my DD with an impromptu trip in November for the F&W Festival, here are some pix from past festivals!!

32.jpg

Italy:
31.jpg

Greece:
30.jpg

China:
29.jpg

Argentina:
28.jpg

Florida Rock Shrimp:
27.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter