Disney Font

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by Kimmysmom, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Kimmysmom

Kimmysmom Mouseketeer

How can I get disney font?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mom-to-2-Princesses

Mom-to-2-Princesses Lovin' It!

4. Kimmysmom

Kimmysmom Mouseketeer

Once I download how to I get it on my Microsoft Word?

5. tutter99

tutter99 DIS Veteran

Once you get the TTF files downloaded save them to the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder. the next time you start Word you should see them listed.

6. Mom-to-2-Princesses

Mom-to-2-Princesses Lovin' It!

yup, what she said! But on my computer (vista) I need to do several steps to get there. I'll give you the detail of what I do (yours may be easier and take less steps) Click on
    1) Control Panel
    2) Appearance and Personalization
    3) Fonts
    4) On the Left side is the directory of my computer with the main screen showing all my fonts. I go through the directory to my user name which has a folder called downloads.
    5) I click on the downloaded folder to open/unzip the font file, this is important because there is more that one file you downloaded. The executable file (.exe) and usually a document (.doc) file.
    6) On the main page (with all my fonts) I right click and the words "install new font" appear, I select that and I am able to pull the .exe file in and the computer updates.
    7) Then your Word program (or any program on your computer) will have access to the new font. :woohoo:

After you get the swing of it you will be downloading fonts continuously!

Good luck!

7. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

There's an easier way in Vista! Just unzip your folder, and right click on the unzipped ttf file, select Install, (you may have to continue) and voila, it installs!

8. Beana

Beana Earning My Ears

for anyone with Vista...

Once you install the new font to the fonts file, do you have to keep the unzipped file in your downloads file or can you delete it?

Just seems like it will be taking up a bunch of space after downloading and installing several font files.:confused::confused3

9. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca Rum makes math fun! Moderator

DH says you can delete it after it's installed in your font folder.

10. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

Yep, you can delete them. I tested it once with a zipped and unzipped file and emptied my recycle bin. Still works fine once its installed.

11. Beana

Beana Earning My Ears

Thank you both! Good to know I won't have duplicate files clogging up the works. LOL :thumbsup2:worship: