Disney first timer!!!!

ferrero121

Mouseketeer
New to this site and to Disney and of course I haves tonnnnnn of questions!!! I guess ill start with pop century is it really worth the extra 300 bucks to stay at a mod hotel. We upgrade our dining but I don't plan on spending alot of time in the hotel. Second, te Disney dining plan we booked our reservations (sit down) for the 6 days we will be their and we have one snack and one quick service. Can we save the quick service credits and use them as a sit down, also are their any hidden pros/cons to the dining plan ?

POP isn't a Mod it's a value resort. We stay there most trips. It is a little more than the all stars but worth it to me. No you can't save QS meals for sit downs. Some really like the dinning plans and some don't , we do. You will find so many threads about pros and cons of meal plans. Welcome to the Disney family and have a great trip!!!

file.php

Welcome to disboards ferrero121 :)

Welcome! :wave2: This is a great place to find out about Disney. I have learned so much and am having fun planning my trip in Dec. Everyone has been so helpful so don't hesitate to ask questions. I have stayed at the All Stars twice and have already booked my next trip to stay at the All Star Music this time and have enjoyed my stay. Fun themes and fit my needs. It was worth saving money to stay at a value resort and it fit my needs although I am a solo traveler and spend very little time at the hotel since I don't swim so it worked for me. I have never used the dining plan but know lots of people here who have info. Again welcome and hope you have a blast planning your trip.

Hi and welcome!

The dining plan gets mixed reviews, but we LOVE it!!! Last year we tried skipping it, and I felt as though we were hemorraging money.

The standard DDP gives you one table service, one counter service, and one snack credit per person per day. (And, no, you can't trade 2 counter services for an additional table service.) What we usually do is book a table service dinner, use the counter service for lunch, and get a bagel or something with the snack credit. We also order lots of breakfast foods from www.gardengrocer.com (they deliver to the resort, and bell services holds our order, refrigerating as necessary, until we arrive. We also stock up on bottled water and park snack-- goldfish, chips, fruit.) So we always have some snack credits available if the kids want ice cream or something. All of us, including my bottomless-pit-teenage son, have plenty to eat on the DDP.

As to the resort, we're a family of 5, so standard rooms at the Values are out for us. But my husband has stayed at the All Stars a number of times as a chaperone, and my friend stayed at POP with her 3 teenage daughters, and both resorts get great reccommendations. If your gut is telling you that they're the right place for you, then go with your gut. For my family, the location, pool and of course the extra bed make the Deluxes the right choice. Spend a little time playing at www.allears.net -- take a look at the fact sheets and slide shows, and determine what resort is best for you.

As to pin trading, we always get the kids some pins ahead of time, and they always like them too much to trade!! But my sister's kids get a real kick out of it.

Happy planning-- when are you thining of going? We're planning now for August 2014; I'll book as soon as the new prices come out.

Hi and welcome!

The dining plan gets mixed reviews, but we LOVE it!!! Last year we tried skipping it, and I felt as though we were hemorraging money.

The standard DDP gives you one table service, one counter service, and one snack credit per person per day. (And, no, you can't trade 2 counter services for an additional table service.) What we usually do is book a table service dinner, use the counter service for lunch, and get a bagel or something with the snack credit. We also order lots of breakfast foods from www.gardengrocer.com (they deliver to the resort, and bell services holds our order, refrigerating as necessary, until we arrive. We also stock up on bottled water and park snack-- goldfish, chips, fruit.) So we always have some snack credits available if the kids want ice cream or something. All of us, including my bottomless-pit-teenage son, have plenty to eat on the DDP.

As to the resort, we're a family of 5, so standard rooms at the Values are out for us. But my husband has stayed at the All Stars a number of times as a chaperone, and my friend stayed at POP with her 3 teenage daughters, and both resorts get great reccommendations. If your gut is telling you that they're the right place for you, then go with your gut. For my family, the location, pool and of course the extra bed make the Deluxes the right choice. Spend a little time playing at www.allears.net -- take a look at the fact sheets and slide shows, and determine what resort is best for you.

As to pin trading, we always get the kids some pins ahead of time, and they always like them too much to trade!! But my sister's kids get a real kick out of it.

Happy planning-- when are you thining of going? We're planning now for August 2014; I'll book as soon as the new prices come out.

We are going insert 5th -11th I changed to pop instead of allstar movies, simply because the bus situation. We have reservations already booked got all of the ones we wanted except BOG. I have 3 sons but my baby carter who will be 10 months at the time is staying home. This is our first time going, my boyfriend, my oldest son (7) and my middle son (2). So I want to be able to enjoy and not worry about the baby being a burden. We will be celebrating my boyfriends birthday and my middle sons birthday. I'm so excited. I. Now trying to map out time frames or our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!