Disney fantasy sighting from Disney Dream

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dvcflauger, Oct 6, 2013.

1. dvcflauger

dvcflauger Earning My Ears

Just returned from the 3 night disney dream and on Saturday night around 10:30 we were able to see disney fantasy heading the opposite direction from our verandah. It was not announced by very cool to see. Has anyone else had this occur?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Yes it happens every Saturday night. Every time we head out on a 7-night cruise out of PC on Saturday we have seen the 3/4 night ship returning to the portside of the ship we were on in the distance.

4. Disneygirl NY

Disneygirl NY Mouseketeer

That happened on our cruise and the boats had a "horn battle". It was very cool - our ship blew it's song horn, then the Fantasy blew another song, then us, etc... Loved it!!!

5. SEADisneyGirls

SEADisneyGirls Earning My Ears

That surprised us as well. We had just been up on the pool deck, and after seeing all the lights my DD asked about how our ship must look to other ships out there. Then we went down to our balcony and saw the Fantasy sailing by and we were able to see just how we looked. It was one of my many favorite moments of our trip.

6. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

If the ships pass during the day, they may have a horn war. They definitely don't do this at night though since it is so late.

7. E ticket rider

E ticket rider Ferb's Evil Twin

We were sailing on the DVC Member cruise aboard the Dream in January and buzzed the Fantasy at CC. There was a brief horn battle then we sailed side-by-side with her for a while as she left CC headed for PC. Our meeting was announced and they were more than happy to sell photos of the encounter shot from the CC beach in Shutters.

8. All American

All American DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy in June and got to have a close up and personal encounter with the Dream. We were on our way to Castaway Cay when a Bright Star announcement came on during the night. Imagine our surprise when we woke up drifting into Nassau.

There was a medical emergency, and we had to dock there just before the Dream came in for scheduled stop. We watched her float in and back up right next to us. The concierge told us that was the first time that had happened in Nassau which was kind of cool given the situation. Seeing the sister ship in open water made me really appreciate the beauty of the two. (And, yes, we made to Castaway Cay. It was a shortened day, but oh so lovely!)