Disney Fantasy, November 2, 2013, Eastern Caribbean Trip Report!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by Princess Michelle, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Princess Michelle

Princess Michelle <font color=red>Kissing Bandit<br><font color=navy

Thanks podsnel! I should have more up tomorrow! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

Thanks for the detailed report and great pictures. :sunny: Looking forward to more! ::yes::

4. Princess Michelle

My pleasure! Look for Day 3 sometime this afternoon! :)

5. Princess Michelle

My morning got off to a very early start. I did not sleep well at all, I was beginning to get some sinus drainage and it was just driving me insane. I didn't get to sleep until around 1 am and was up again by 5. I decided to just get a shower and try to catch the sunrise.

There was a lot of cloud cover still so the sunrise was pretty non-existent, but it was so peaceful up on deck and the cool breeze felt wonderful. Even with all the joggers up and about on deck 4 it was still amazingly quiet.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 497 by princessm112877, on Flickr

After just basking in the morning for awhile I headed back to the room and found Brian up and watching the rest of Man of Steel. Once the movie was over we headed up to Cabanas to get some breakfast.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 526 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I loved the seagulls, they were so cute!

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 521 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have those amazing little sausage links this morning, but copious amounts of bacon made up for it. I love these hashbrowns too (a guilty pleasure a few times a year at home) but found them to be a bit dry at times on the ship. I really loved all the fresh fruit that was available too.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 516 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian decided he wanted a cappuccino after breakfast so we headed over to the Cove Cafe. This is a really pretty little space, very quiet and would have been a great spot to sit and read.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 555 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I loved the colors used in the decor.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 557 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 559 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We hung out for a little while near the adult pool and just enjoyed some peaceful relaxation.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 566 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The sitting areas around the adult pool were really nice and comfortable. We never felt it was very crowded any time that we were up there, which admittedly wasn't a lot so it's possible we just caught it at the right times.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 563 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 558 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We decided we should get up and get moving again before we fell asleep. So we continued on exploring the pools, fast food spots and water play areas. Then made our way up to Goofy's Sports Deck. We were going to play miniature golf but the wind really picked up and it began to rain, so we headed back indoors.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 543 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 568 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The Flo's area was so cute, it wasn't open yet when we were up there but I loved the signs, adorable.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 544 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 550 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 551 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 533 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 534 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 581 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 583 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 577 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 588 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 572 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 592 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 606 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 604 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Back inside we went to Shutters to check out our formal night pictures and walked through Europa on the way back to our room. When we passed through La Piazza a game of Disney Trivia had just begun so we stopped and joined in. We got 17 of the 24 questions right, I got a few partially correct, but partial doesn't count. The prize was a DCL baseball hat.

Back up in the room we finished watching Brave while I uploaded some pictures to the laptop. Then Brian watched The Host while I took a nap. We really enjoyed the on demand feature with all the free movies, we made good use of it during our down times.

Up next, lunch at Royal Court and Mixology!

6. MizDisney513

MizDisney513 Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read about Mixology. I'm planning on doing it in a few weeks!

7. LeahJH

LeahJH Mouseketeer

I am sure you get this all the time but your smile is just SO photogenic.

8. Princess Michelle

MizDisney513 ~ I probably won't get to Mixology until tomorrow but it was so much fun!

LeahJH ~ That is so sweet of you to say, I really appreciate that. I actually am very critical of pictures of myself since gaining a significant amount of weight over the last few years so that really made me feel good. Thank you. :lovestruc

9. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

Just joining in! We sailed the Eastern 7 night last summer and are sailing the 7 night western next summer.
    We got our State room assignment and it's 7192.....
    Sound Familiar?

Can't wait to read more!

10. Princess Michelle

How awesome is that, that you will be in 7192 also! :thumbsup2

Here are some pictures of the room!

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 327 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 442 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 443 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 447 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 445 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 437 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 435 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 441 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 439 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 438 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 723 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 366 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 367 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 446 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For anyone who hasn't been on a Disney ship yet, we were so impressed with our room! It had plenty of space for the two of us and so much storage room. There were drawers in the desk and on the outside corner of the closet where the little "bar" area is. Two closets with a lot of room, a ton of hangers and several shelves in each one. The ottoman also lifted up and you could put things inside it, we used it for our shoes. Suitcases fit underneath the bed which kept the room free of clutter. Our biggest suitcase is REALLY big and it barely fit under there, so I think most suitcases shouldn't have much trouble. Oh and a tip about all those hangers, if you don't have enough clothes to fill them all, take them down, or I saw someone on the boards drape a towel through them to keep them from moving around. I have extreme noise sensitivity and the way the ship was moving the hangers were driving me bonkers rattling around. I just took them down and sat them in the bottom of the closet, that worked for me.

I didn't sit on the sofa often because I felt the vibrations more when sitting on it and it really annoyed me, it was comfortable enough when I did sit on it though. We also had Vivek turn down the sofa bed a couple of nights because we both have sleep issues and wanted somewhere to go if we needed to. I tried to sleep on it one night and found it to be pretty uncomfortable as a bed. I sleep on a 5" thick pillow top at home though, so I like a really soft bed. The regular bed was fine, still a little firmer than I'm used to, but not bad by any means. I loved that the pillows were full sized and so fluffy. I'm so not a fan of the hard, tiny pillows so many hotels seem to be using these days.

There is a privacy curtain between the "bedroom" and the "sitting area" also, so if one of you is an early riser (like me) you can pull it closed and go out on the verandah or turn the lights on in the other section to read, get ready, or whatever without disturbing the other person.

The split bathrooms were great. It took me exactly 3 times of nearly falling on my face and breaking my toes to remember to step up when entering the bathrooms. It's even posted on the wall outside of them to watch your step. The wall of the bathtub is a lot higher than I'm used to also. I'm not a super short person, but I have super short legs, so I really felt like I was climbing into the tub! It also took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the shower on... :sad2:

You already know that we adored our verandah!

I had worried that the room wouldn't be cool enough for me, I usually turn our air down to the 60's at night and sleep with a fan too...but it actually was pretty comfortable most of the time, I just didn't get to burrow under the comforter like I do at home.

Oh and a little trick for keeping your lights on and your air running without having to worry about using your room keys or bringing another card from home....

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 1589 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We came back to the room when Vivek was straightening up one afternoon and saw that was how he turned the lights on when he was in there.

I think that's everything about the room but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

11. wigdoutdismom

By the time we go on the cruise next summer we will be going on our 5th Disney cruise! I can't tell you how many times my toes have been stubbed coming in and especially out of those bathrooms!!!

Thanks for the pictures! I can see a few differences in that stateroom and the some of ours in the past. The verandah is much deeper, we have always been midship, but are excited to try this area.
    I have read reviews of people that love and others that hate being aft. Did you notice vibrations? Some have said that they couldn't sleep at all in those cabins and others are dying to get them again....

12. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

"The other appetizer we shared was the Serrano Ham with Tomato Bread and Marinated Olives. I ate about 10 pounds of Italian meats, olives and cheese this week I'm sure!"

Oh, I would be right there with you ... with a cold glass of chardonney:rotfl::rotfl: Love it!

Fantastic trip report! I'm enjoying it! :thumbsup2

13. The Lorax

The Lorax Impossible is nothing

It is the new 'Exploration Tower' Port Canaveral Welcome Center giving cruise ship passengers and other visitors a place to go to learn about the area's maritime history, beach culture and achievements in space exploration.

14. Princess Michelle

The only time I felt vibrations, and they were slight vibrations at that, was when I was sitting on the sofa or if I was sitting back against the headboard in bed. It bothered me so I just didn't do those things anymore. I never felt it when sitting in the desk chair or just laying in bed. When I was laying in bed all I felt was the ship movement, no vibrations. Brian wasn't fazed by any of it. I know some people have complained about the vibrations when docking too, but I didn't think it was bad. I was always out on the verandah and the railing definitely vibrated but it wasn't like teeth rattling or anything. The one morning I was still in bed was when we docked back at Port Canaveral and I slept right through it (and I'm a very light sleeper). So that was our experience with it. I wouldn't hesitate to book an aft room again.

Thanks PizzieDuster! I'd snack with you any day! :joker:

Thanks so much, The Lorax! I've been meaning to look it up since we've been home and haven't gotten around to it. I appreciate the information! :goodvibes

15. JohnPA

JohnPA DisDad #627

Hey Princess Michelle:

We were on this cruise too and I'm loving reliving it through your pictures. Can't wait to see more.

Had to laugh about "not being able to figure out how to turn on the shower". Funny thing was, it took longer to figure out on our second cruise than the first - with me swearing the whole time - "BUT I DID IT LAST CRUISE!" Now there's no problem. It did take another cruise or two before I remembered to step up/down during bathroom visits, but that's second nature now too.

Looking forward to hearing how you made out during the last couple of days. We were really rocking and rolling!

16. 4 mickey

4 mickey 4 MICKEY

I'm in love your trip report ( 58 days to wdw &DCL fantasy ) so I love neven more your TR
    Love the idea for the light ( near the door ) in quite a few cruises never tought of that :)
    Cannot wait for the rest

17. Princess Michelle

Hi there John! :wave2:

I'm glad you're enjoying reliving the cruise with me. It really was fantastic, and yes, that ship was swaying like crazy!

18. Princess Michelle

Welcome 4 mickey! :wave2:

19. Princess Michelle

After hanging out in the room for a little bit we decided to head down to Royal Court for lunch. Our server, Benny had mentioned he would be working there today so we made sure we asked for him. This was the first time we had been in this restaurant and it was just gorgeous. When you have lunch in one of the main dining rooms the menu is just like dinner in that you get an appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert. You can of course skip a course if you don't really want that much for lunch.

We stopped on the way to lunch to take a couple of pictures in the portholes.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 620 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 622 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 630 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 631 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For my first course I had the Bresaola, marinated olives, shaved parmesan and a grissini stick with a roasted garlic dip.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 632 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Pomegranate-glazed Chilled Duck Breast with arugula, frisee, lollo rosso, and caramelized walnuts.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 633 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian skipped the soup/salad course and I had the chilled Strawberry Soup, which tasted exactly like melted strawberry ice cream!

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 634 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For my entree I had the Reuben Sandwich with chips and coleslaw. Very very good.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 635 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had a burger and I'll take a moment now to offer a minor annoyance. If you wanted something like extra mayo, ketchup or whatever condiment, they bring it to the table and put some on your plate, you don't get like a ramekin of it to keep at the table as you would at a real world restaurant. I understand the "fancy" factor of it but it was a bit impractical. They would leave it if you really insisted, we saw someone do it with syrup at breakfast one morning but the server was a bit reluctant to leave it. It was the same if you ordered a salad, it wasn't dressed before hand, they would bring the dressing after and ask you how much you wanted. With the salad it wasn't so bad but I didn't know the first time I ordered a salad and I was thinking, where's my dressing! LOL

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 636 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For dessert I had the Tiramisu.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 637 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Soaked Rum Cake with mixed fruit. This cake was very rummy, it was delicious!

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 638 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Lunch service was winding down when we were finishing up, there weren't a lot of people left in the restaurant so I took a few minutes to walk around and take pictures of the beautiful Princess mosaics throughout the room. I'm only going to post a few but they are all so gorgeous.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 639 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 643 by princessm112877, on Flickr

These plates were in another room.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 648 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Paintings like this were scattered around the rooms as well.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 657 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Once we finished up there it was time to head to Skyline for our Mixology seminar. It was lead by Jerry and it was so much fun! I think we had about 13 people in our group, so it was a nice size, not too big, not too small. We each got to take a turn behind the bar making one of the drinks. We made/sampled 5 drinks total and some of them were really good sized. I was glad we came straight from lunch! I kept the list of drinks that we made, but somewhere between the ship and home it got lost, so I'm sorry that I don't remember the names or ingredients in all of them.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 659 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian was in the first group.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 666 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 675 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I don't remember what it was or what was in it, but I do remember it tasting really good.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 677 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I was in the second group, and I can't recall what we made either other than it had whiskey, sweet & sour mix, mint leaves and maybe Disorrono? It was really tasty too.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 680 by princessm112877, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 691 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The small green one was next, it was my favorite if I recall correctly. When it was finished it had a green layer and a red layer.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 701 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The champagne cocktail was the least favorite across the whole group. Most people didn't even finish it. I finished mine because I felt kind of bad, but it was kind of bitter tasting.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 711 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The last was the Baby Guinness. Now this one I remember because 1. It only had two ingredients. 2. I expected to hate it (I do not like coffee), 3. I loved it so much I bought the stuff to make it at home.

It was super easy, just Kahlua and Bailey's. Jerry taught us how to layer it without getting the bottom murky. At home I just poured it down the back of a spoon, worked just as well, but not as impressive as his spirally spoon.

[​IMG]
    Cruise 2013 713 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We thought this class was more than worth the $15 per person. We got our moneys worth in drinks alone and Jerry was a wealth of knowledge. He said he used to be a cook before he got into bartending and loves to experiment with different things in his drinks that many wouldn't think of. He was very interesting to listen to, and the Irish accent didn't hurt any! ;)

20. LeahJH

LeahJH Mouseketeer

I heart the strawberry soup. I wish I could figure out how to make it at home!

21. wigdoutdismom

Mmmmm, strawberry soup. Always have that at 1900 Park Fare!