Disney Fantasy July 22, 2017

Naomi Collison

Earning My Ears
We are traveling from Alaska to do a large family Land and Sea trip next summer. We will have my parents, DH and myself, my 4 kids ages 16, 14, 6, and 3, and my brother. We plan on doing a week at WDW and then the cruise. This is my families first cruise so we are super excited and love to hear any info on tips and tricks.

We are also interested in a FE group if anyone wants to start one.

I just booked this cruise today for myself and my DD. It is her HS graduation and birthday present. We are very excited. Who else is coming onboard?

Hi there!
Our family of six, along with my parents and sister, booked our cruise last month. This will be our first cruise ever! We are super excited and looking forward to this magical experience....the counrdown is on....only 400 and some days to go! Woot woot! At the time of the cruise, our children (half are adults, actually!) will be the ages of 22,18,16,14. We are also interested in possibly participating in a fish exchange.

We are traveling from Alaska to do a large family Land and Sea trip next summer. We will have my parents, DH and myself, my 4 kids ages 16, 14, 6, and 3, and my brother. We plan on doing a week at WDW and then the cruise. This is my families first cruise so we are super excited and love to hear any info on tips and tricks.

We are also interested in a FE group if anyone wants to start one.
Hi Naomi!
We have been busy researching Disney cruises. Here are a few things we are working on right now. 1.) Our travel agent suggested we begin to think about what excursions, if any, we want to book ahead of time at each port as some of them are popular and fill up quickly. I'm not sure when we can make reservations, but we have been spending time checking those out. 2.) we want to collect sand from each port so we bought small glass bottles with cork stoppers to do so with. I found a site on Etsy that makes decals with each ports name that are a cute font with Mickey ears and purchased those for our bottles. 3.) our kids have done pin trading in the past when we went to Disney World and want to do so again on the ship so we ordered a group of pins on Ebay. 4.) A few things I've also read (and maybe you have too) is to take along your own travel mugs for drinks, that cups onboard are small, pack a day bag for when you board the ship because you can't go to your room right away and may want to head to the pool. It's a good idea to check in at the guest service desk once you board in case there is anything that you want to sign up for on the ship. 5.) We are trying to better understand how the FE works. I think we have the gist of it just how do you actually connect with thee other familiies participating in it. I guess we have plenty of time to figure that one out!

Hi Naomi!
We have been busy researching Disney cruises. Here are a few things we are working on right now. 1.) Our travel agent suggested we begin to think about what excursions, if any, we want to book ahead of time at each port as some of them are popular and fill up quickly. I'm not sure when we can make reservations, but we have been spending time checking those out. 2.) we want to collect sand from each port so we bought small glass bottles with cork stoppers to do so with. I found a site on Etsy that makes decals with each ports name that are a cute font with Mickey ears and purchased those for our bottles. 3.) our kids have done pin trading in the past when we went to Disney World and want to do so again on the ship so we ordered a group of pins on Ebay. 4.) A few things I've also read (and maybe you have too) is to take along your own travel mugs for drinks, that cups onboard are small, pack a day bag for when you board the ship because you can't go to your room right away and may want to head to the pool. It's a good idea to check in at the guest service desk once you board in case there is anything that you want to sign up for on the ship. 5.) We are trying to better understand how the FE works. I think we have the gist of it just how do you actually connect with thee other familiies participating in it. I guess we have plenty of time to figure that one out!

Hi, I have been researching information as well. It is funny as my husband is telling me I am looking at things too early as we are over a year out, however I like to be prepared.

1. I totally agree on excursions. We are looking at going through something not Disney for the Grand Cayman and maybe for Jamaica. There are a few excursions that are not available to my youngest daughter (3) with Disney but they are available through other reputable groups.
2. Collecting sand is an awesome idea, I will have to see if my kids and family are interested in doing so. I will have to look into Etsy for the labels as well.
3. We have a ton of pins for Pin trading. I plan on purchasing a few more from Amazon using Prime. This way we can return scrappers if needed. I love doing the pins, but some of them are so expensive.
4. Thankfully we are staying at Disney World before the cruise. We plan on purchasing the mugs you use at the resort's there and will bring those on the cruise.
5. For a FE there are a few places you can get information. We can wait to see if anyone is willing to take it up here, but I also follow a social media group about FE's on the Disney Cruise Line. It gives me some great ideas on what to make, and hopefully between both locations someone will make a group :)

We also plan on sending a box directly to the ship. We have 3 staterooms so we plan on doing 3 boxes for FE, and other things we will want on the ship but not at Disney World. We plan on mailing anything we get at Disney home, so we don't have to worry about hauling it around the ship. Other than that, most of what I hear is the same stuff everywhere. Don't over pack, get on the boat early, take the late dining if you can (we cant :( ) and have fun :)

Hi there!
Our family of six, along with my parents and sister, booked our cruise last month. This will be our first cruise ever! We are super excited and looking forward to this magical experience....the counrdown is on....only 400 and some days to go! Woot woot! At the time of the cruise, our children (half are adults, actually!) will be the ages of 22,18,16,14. We are also interested in possibly participating in a fish exchange.
Are your 14 and 16 yr old boys or girls? My two that will be 14 and 16 yr old's are boys :)

Are your 14 and 16 yr old boys or girls? My two that will be 14 and 16 yr old's are boys :)

Hi! Our daughter will be 14, our son will be 16. My fear is that my son will not hang out in the teen areas with my daughter. She is already worrying about that. Hopefully she will make some friends then feel comfortable enough to try out the teen areas because I know she is excited about it!

Hi, I have been researching information as well. It is funny as my husband is telling me I am looking at things too early as we are over a year out, however I like to be prepared.

1. I totally agree on excursions. We are looking at going through something not Disney for the Grand Cayman and maybe for Jamaica. There are a few excursions that are not available to my youngest daughter (3) with Disney but they are available through other reputable groups.
2. Collecting sand is an awesome idea, I will have to see if my kids and family are interested in doing so. I will have to look into Etsy for the labels as well.
3. We have a ton of pins for Pin trading. I plan on purchasing a few more from Amazon using Prime. This way we can return scrappers if needed. I love doing the pins, but some of them are so expensive.
4. Thankfully we are staying at Disney World before the cruise. We plan on purchasing the mugs you use at the resort's there and will bring those on the cruise.
5. For a FE there are a few places you can get information. We can wait to see if anyone is willing to take it up here, but I also follow a social media group about FE's on the Disney Cruise Line. It gives me some great ideas on what to make, and hopefully between both locations someone will make a group :)

We also plan on sending a box directly to the ship. We have 3 staterooms so we plan on doing 3 boxes for FE, and other things we will want on the ship but not at Disney World. We plan on mailing anything we get at Disney home, so we don't have to worry about hauling it around the ship. Other than that, most of what I hear is the same stuff everywhere. Don't over pack, get on the boat early, take the late dining if you can (we cant :( ) and have fun :)

Ae also have the early dining time. I'll keep my eyes open for any info. For the FE. My hubby also thinks that we (the kids and me) are planning too far out but this is most likely a once in a lfetime trip for us. I want to make sure we are extra prepared so we can make the most of our vacation!

I'm so psyched to join you all... we just booked, this will be our first cruise! We'll be doing it to celebrate our youngest's third birthday, and our older twins will be four (almost five) when we sail. I have SO MANY QUESTIONS, which is funny because I consider myself sort of a WDW expert (we are DVC'ers and go a lot). I'd love to join the meet/FE group for this sailing so count me in! We literally have three trips to WDW between now and the cruise but this is the new frontier I will be dreaming about!

I'm so psyched to join you all... we just booked, this will be our first cruise! We'll be doing it to celebrate our youngest's third birthday, and our older twins will be four (almost five) when we sail. I have SO MANY QUESTIONS, which is funny because I consider myself sort of a WDW expert (we are DVC'ers and go a lot). I'd love to join the meet/FE group for this sailing so count me in! We literally have three trips to WDW between now and the cruise but this is the new frontier I will be dreaming about!
Awesome! My youngest daughter turns 3 about a month before the cruise and my older DD will have just turned 6. We are DVC'ers but we tend to spend more time at Aulani as that is closer and cheaper to get to than WDW for us :)

Awesome! My youngest daughter turns 3 about a month before the cruise and my older DD will have just turned 6. We are DVC'ers but we tend to spend more time at Aulani as that is closer and cheaper to get to than WDW for us :)
Oooh... Aulani is quite a fantasy of ours but it is a long flight for little people :) We're hoping after they are all 5+ we'll take them out to Disney Land and then to Aulani--if they are a little older and we break up the trip it should be doable. I've never been to Hawaii so seems sort of imaginary to me!

How great that our kids are such similar ages!!! We can make them to look out for each other in the Oceaneers Club :) Hope to meet you next July!!!

I just saw that you are from Alaska!!!! I've been to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Haines for a college ecology class (back in 2004 or so). It was the best!!

Hello everyone. I signed up for this cruise this past week. My husband and I will be bringing along our son and his family. This will be the fifth cruise for my husband and me. For my son and his family, this is their first cruise ever.

I'd be interested in starting a fish extender group our cruise. Let me know what you think.

Hi! There is a FE sign up on the Facebook group page for this cruise.
Erm, I may have been mistaken. Sorry. But if anyone can add me to the fb group and point me to the FE sign up that would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter