Disney Fantasy ~ December 22, 2012 ~ 7 Night Western Caribbean

Exciting day. Cool to see all the videos. Only 10 onths to go!

We just got off the Wonder on Sunday and as we were walking off the ship I told my DS that our trip wasn't ending but instead we were beginning a 10 month port adventure.

Just checking in to say hi and still trying to find the FB page.

I am not good at navigating these Dis boards.

Just thought I'd drop in and say Hi again. This thread seems to be getting more active.

We are very fortunate this year as we get to go on two Fantasy cruises! We are doing an Eastern on June 2nd and are really looking forward to it. We've already booked Palo, booked excursions and checked-in online.

This Christmas cruise will mark our first Christmas vacation and first time away from home in years. I'll have to search out the FB group (is there a link to it or a name I can search on FB to be added)? I don't use FB that often, but would like to participate now and then.

Also, can we sign up for the FE list?

Thanks.

Just thought I'd drop in and say Hi again. This thread seems to be getting more active.

We are very fortunate this year as we get to go on two Fantasy cruises! We are doing an Eastern on June 2nd and are really looking forward to it. We've already booked Palo, booked excursions and checked-in online.

This Christmas cruise will mark our first Christmas vacation and first time away from home in years. I'll have to search out the FB group (is there a link to it or a name I can search on FB to be added)? I don't use FB that often, but would like to participate now and then.

Also, can we sign up for the FE list?

Thanks.

Hi For the FB page just send me a friend request, I am Joe Schmieg, Mount Laurel, NJ

For the FE, please PM me your family's details.

Thanks!
Joe

Hi Joe,

We just got back from the MR and even though it was our 5th cruise it was our first DIS meet and FE participation and we had a lot of fun with both. This time around it seems that more is being done in FB which I don't play around in but DW does so it looks like she will be the point person on this one. FB friend request sent tonight by Lori-Ann.

Fantasy’s First Christmas
When I was on the Dream, one of the Dissers organized what he called a “Progressive Disser” - a room tour. It was great as we had a good sampling of rooms (virtual porthole, large porthole, concierge, etc) and we realized that all the rooms were great. I would be willing to organize a room tour if anyone is interested on the last sea day (Dec. 27th).

Also, I signed up for the FE and am very excited as this will be my first time participating. I figure it will be a great way to have some Disney magic throughout the cruise. I wanted to see if anyone is interested in an ornament exchange that would take place during our first Cruise Meet, which I assume will be sometime on the first day. Something along the lines of a White Elephant.

The First Christmas on the Fantasy

Here is a list of who is sailing:

kawigirl94
KSDisneyDad and junesgoofy
rdrack
Aisling
luvndizny
McPackers
Great Scott
whamma
HFC1969
SCFamily4
calif disney 1
Sharonstamps
EGHopeful
bmer1rick
GarakDS9
Wilde Bunch
Jessika
niniri
princess81499
chuck2534
TexasMouseFan
JoeSchmieg
disneycruising
Agent555
Pixiedustdawn
madmum63

Hi Everyone! We are very excited to be joining everyone on this cruise. This will be our 6th disney cruise and second xmas one. We are Curt and Mel 36 and 30 from Saskatchewan Canada. We will be spending a week at BLT prior to the cruise. We also would love to participate in the FE. Look forward to seeing everyone on board. We tend to be known on past disney cruises as the disney tattooed couple lol. I, Mel am currently working on a full back piece of the castle at WDW. Planning to have it completed by our xmas cruise. So if you see us please say hi!!

Fantasy’s First Christmas
I wanted to see if anyone is interested in an ornament exchange that would take place during our first Cruise Meet, which I assume will be sometime on the first day. Something along the lines of a White Elephant.

I think this is a great idea! I was concerned about the FE Exchange as we will be coming from California and it will just be the 2 of us. Perhaps I've been reading too many posts of the extra load, cost, etc... I thought the extra baggage may be too much for me and DD (10). It's our first cruise, the Holidays and I just don't know what to expect. :confused3 I just want this trip to be AWESOME!

Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

I think this is a great idea! I was concerned about the FE Exchange as we will be coming from California and it will just be the 2 of us. Perhaps I've been reading too many posts of the extra load, cost, etc... I thought the extra baggage may be too much for me and DD (10). It's our first cruise, the Holidays and I just don't know what to expect. :confused3 I just want this trip to be AWESOME!

On one of our cruises, we did FE and Secret Mickeys (similar to Secret Santa). Unfortunately, the Secret Mickey part was a bit disappointing for one of my sons.

I don't know if this cruise will limit the # of participants with the FE, but with FE you get a great variety of surprises. With it being Christmas, I bet there are some creative FE gifts.

good sunday morning everyone, just wanted to check in and say hi!!
i am on FB more than the dis boards, hit me up at

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1338440736

But wanted to say hi to the newer members who have checked in---Joe, we are def in on the FE---and i have a 12 year old DD if anyone else has a daughter that age let me know :goodvibes
the countdown continues for our second dis cruise, this year can't move along quick enough !!!

We are flying USAirways which has a baggage fee but participates in DCL Onboard Airline Check-In. I was hoping to get everything into 2 suitcases under 50lbs ( a luggage weighter is must have travel accessory these day). However, I also pack a lots of Christmas decorations for the cabin. Even if I mail a box to the port for FE, I have to factor in space for bringing FE’s home and have room for souvenirs. I do travel via air a few times a year with ds(7) and rely on the rental luggage trolleys you find at baggage claim; I do curbside check-in and upon arrival the valets at the airport bring my baggage curbside. The only time I had a problem in Orlando was checking into the Hyatt MCO. I do wish they allowed the bellman to come to baggage claim.

Added Chris and Lori Ann to the Facebook page. sorry for delay, had a house full of relatives this weekend for our neices wedding shower. I'll be posting the FE list later today. If you are "In" and have not PM'ed me please do so when you get a chance.

Someone mentioned limiting the FE. We did the FE for last summer's cruise to Alaska and we had 27 or so cabins. With the Fantasy being larger do we think the list can get out of control? Shoul we limit it? If so what is the cut off number? Please discuss! :)

If we are doing the ship tour of cabins please sign me up. We have a ocean view state room with portal (not the large "seat window", just a normal portal).

Someone mentioned limiting the FE. We did the FE for last summer's cruise to Alaska and we had 27 or so cabins. With the Fantasy being larger do we think the list can get out of control? Shoul we limit it? If so what is the cut off number? Please discuss! :)

I think a limit of 25-30 cabins would be acceptable. We can always split into 2 groups if needed.

Fantasy La primera Navidad (Fantasy’s First Christmas)
Room Tour (last sea day – December 27 – time TBD)
McPackers: cat. 4a w/o Murphy bed (sleeps 4)
JoeSchmieg: OV with portal (not the large "seat window", just a normal portal).

White Elephant Ornament Swap (TBD first Dis meet)
McPackers
EGHopeful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter