Disney Dream: Vista Cafe/Cove Cafe

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by waltdisney427, Jul 12, 2011.

1. waltdisney427

waltdisney427 Earning My Ears

Okay, so on the DCL website, it shows 2 coffee places onboard the Disney Dream. And here are my questions:

1) Are the drinks free (coffee/cappuccino,etc.)? If not what is an average price for the drinks?

2) The Cove Cafe is for adults only, and Vista Cafe is for families- Correct?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tuliplvr

Tuliplvr Mouseketeer

great question! I'm wondering this myself!

4. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Coffee/tea drinks from Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe do have a charge...there is menu around sometwhere I will try to find.

Vista Cafe is for families and is located on Deck 4 of the Dream.

Cove Cafe is 18 and older and located on Deck 11.

Here are some pic of the Vista Cafe that I took.

Vista Cafe is at the end of this hall.....in the forefront of the pic is the rebooking desk and the DVC desk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Complimentary treats at the Vista Cafe

[​IMG]

Looking down the hall the other way....seating for the Vista Cafe

[​IMG]

Counter at Vista Cafe

[​IMG]

MJ

5. MrsScooby

MrsScooby DIS Veteran

There is a drink menu at the Vista cafe that is similar if not just like the one that the Cove cafe and there is an extra charge for the drinks. But the treats in the glass cabinet are "free" -no extra charge.

I wound up buying an exotic ice tea for my DS17 at the Vista Cafe and I think it was about $3. The treats varied. in the morning they had msotly tiny muffins and later in the day there chocolate covered strawberries, tiny eclairs and small pieces of cake and tarts.

So the Vista Cafe is basically a Cove Cafe that anyone has access to:thumbsup2

I don't remember what else was offered drink wise and how much:confused3
    I think I also ordered a mint liquor flavored coffee drink but don't remember the price. Just handed my KTTW card over and got my drink-embarktion day so I was so ready for vacation to start.

It was a great spot for our DIS meet:thumbsup2

6. glassslipper2004

glassslipper2004 DIS Veteran

I wonder how many people realize that the treats are free- seems like there would be a mob there for chocolate covered strawberries! Or maybe everyone is so full from all the other meals it doesn't matter...

7. carmiedog

carmiedog needs more kool-aid

8. Fltwin

Fltwin Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same thing!:)

9. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

The punch card has been around awhile...at least 2 years. I bring mine back from cruise to cruise if I did not fill one up on one cruise.

MJ

10. islandsnoopy

islandsnoopy Mouseketeer

We had a strawberry or two...while waiting to have our pic taken with Mickey on Deck 4 balcony.:goodvibes