Disney Dream September 16, 2016

Gazfam5

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are a family of five, looking for other cruisers on this date :) We are super excited for our first cruise!! Any tips welcome!

Hi everyone! We booked the cruise from Japan. This will be our first Disney cruise and also this is our honeymoon!
We are very interested in FE!

We're so excited!

Great! We are also interested in FE :) My husband is half Japanese and was born in Japan, so such a small world!! We have two boys who will be 11 and 4 for our trip, and a daughter who will be 9 this year. What a wonderful way to spend your honeymoon. Look forward to talking with you as the cruise gets closer.

We are also interested in FE
Well, there are two of you interested. As soon as someone steps up and offers to maintain the list, the Fish Extender group will be up and running.

For anyone interested on how to set up a FE group:
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Howdy!

So my wife and I just booked this sailing last night as a belated present for my daughter's third birthday this coming July. We were on the inaugural Star Wars Day-at-Sea cruise this past January on the Fantasy and she has been asking ever since to go back on, "the big boat." :)

This will be my fourth and my wife's fifth Disney cruise. (DCL gold here we come!)

Can't wait to see everyone on board this September!

That's a lot of cruises!!! Our youngest will be turning 4 right before the cruise :) Can't wait to start setting everything up :)

Hello everyone!!

We are a family of 3, this will be our first Disney Cruise. My is son 13 and my daughter will turn 4 two days before the cruise. We reside in Los Angeles, California and both children have sailed before.

My daughter too keeps asking DAILY " Can we go to the Bee- HAM- MAS again?"

This cruise is a surprise in celebration of my Daughter's 4th birthday. I am planning a "Reveal" breakfast the morning we are due to fly to Florida.

So, excited to meet everyone onboard!!!

Hi everyone! My husband and I are looking forward to an amazing time on our first disney cruise to celebrate both my birthday and our anniversary. I've been researching and preparing well in advance just like all of you.

I am willing to start and maintain a FISH EXTENDER group. I will follow the instructions laid out by PrincessShmoo. I think right now it makes most sense to have just one big list. If you want to join the group, just reply to this message (or any other of my messages on this discussion), "we want to join the FE" and I'll add you to the conversation (as noted above, you need at least 10 messages to participate in a conversation, which you can easily do by posting 10 test posts).

189 days and counting!!

Hi everyone! We booked the cruise from Japan. This will be our first Disney cruise and also this is our honeymoon!

We're so excited!

Hey Sachi! I am starting an FE Group. You will need to do some test posts to get up to 10 total so I can invite you to a conversation per PrincessShmoo's instructions. Thanks!

Great! We are also interested in FE :) My husband is half Japanese and was born in Japan, so such a small world!! We have two boys who will be 11 and 4 for our trip, and a daughter who will be 9 this year. What a wonderful way to spend your honeymoon. Look forward to talking with you as the cruise gets closer.

Hey Gazfam5! I am starting an FE Group. You will need to do some test posts to get up to 10 total so I can invite you to a conversation per PrincessShmoo's instructions. Thanks!

Good Morning All!

My DH, DS6, and myself will be sailing on the September 16th Dream Cruise! We are super excited as this is our first cruise and would absolutely LOVE to participate in the FE exchange!

Hello I would like to participate the the FE exchange as well.
Hey Californiacruizers, glad to add you to the FE exchange. I am doing it the way PrincessShmoo laid out above, via conversation. In order to add you to a conversation you need to have at least 10 messages posted on disboards. You can achieve this easily by going here: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/, and posting messages that just say "test" until you've reached 10. Then I can add you to the conversation. Thanks!

Good Morning All!

My DH, DS6, and myself will be sailing on the September 16th Dream Cruise! We are super excited as this is our first cruise and would absolutely LOVE to participate in the FE exchange!
Hey brglotus, glad to add you to the FE exchange. I am doing it the way PrincessShmoo laid out above, via conversation. In order to add you to a conversation you need to have at least 10 messages posted on disboards. You can achieve this easily by going here: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/, and posting messages that just say "test" until you've reached 10. Then I can add you to the conversation. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter