Disney Dream October 7, 2016

@PrincessShmoo , what do I need to do to start a FE? Is there another thread for it, do I do it in this thread? Is there a different board? I am a DCL pro, but FE newbie! LOL! Thank you!
Typically they are handled directly on the cruise meet thread. I have a write up in post #17 about setting up a FE, but here's a quick summary:

Basically, you just say "I'll maintain the Fish Extender list". Then a decision needs to be made as to what info is necessary to include in the list. Also a decision as to whether or not there will be a cut off date. And if it's when X number of rooms has signed up (many groups limit themselves to 10-15 rooms), or a specific date (early enough for everyone to get their gifts prepared before the cruise).

At some point (generally about 2 weeks prior to the cut off date) you will post the list for everyone to confirm their participation and correctness of info on the list. It's very important that you say "ANYONE NOT CONFIRMING WILL BE DROPPED". There are a lot of people who, when they first make a cruise reservation, are so gung-ho about everything cruising they will say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again (maybe because they cancelled, or just decided not to do it). And then after the cut off day, post the final list and say "this is it!!!"

It could be because it's early still, but right now the list is only you and I. We are still about 200 days out, so more people may join as the time gets closer.
Yes, it's a little early. The best time to start a FE list is around 5-6 months out, but could be sooner if enough people are committed to participating. Unfortunately, if you start it too soon, you'll have lots of people, who as soon as they've booked their "trip of a lifetime" are all gung-ho and say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again. They either cancel the cruise, or find they really don't want to commit to the time/energy necessary to participate.

Once the cruise is a little closer (and more of a reality in most people's minds), they are better able to gauge whether they want to do it.

Have fun.

Yes, it's a little early. The best time to start a FE list is around 5-6 months out, but could be sooner if enough people are committed to participating. Unfortunately, if you start it too soon, you'll have lots of people, who as soon as they've booked their "trip of a lifetime" are all gung-ho and say "I want to participate" and then you never hear from them again. They either cancel the cruise, or find they really don't want to commit to the time/energy necessary to participate.

Once the cruise is a little closer (and more of a reality in most people's minds), they are better able to gauge whether they want to do it.

Have fun.
You can count on the Hill Family :)

I won't forget about anyone!! I will go through the list and add everyone to the main page as it gets closer. We will have more people join as the cruise gets closer!

169 days is our countdown!! We will be spending 10 days in the WORLD beforehand!! Our original plan had been a few days in Universal, but then we decided to go for it all, since we can't do WDW next year due to a Transatlantic cruise and trip to Europe.

Last edited:
I am really not an idiot - but whatever email I must have typed for my account is NOT any of my emails! So I cannot recover it! I have reported.
please know that Chelleybug is now Chelleybug08!!

Sorry for the repeat post folks -- but I do want to make sure we are included on the FE for our trip --

This is our first Disney Cruise - lots of trips to WDW but decided to change it up this year!
New to the FE idea but think would be fun for our 9 yr old son!

The Kittle family of three would like to be included please

Hello fellow cruisers :earsgirl:
I've run an FE before,but this is my first time on the boards,i f you need any organising help give me a shout, if not I'd just love to be on the list, me and hubby:smickey:
120-ish days to go!!!!
Trying to navigate my new tablet device so please be patient with me :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter