Disney Dream October 6, 2013

Since we are staying at the same resort at WDW before and after this cruise we are just leaving what we don't need at the resort.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

Hi! I am in the process of booking this cruise. Very excited. We sailed on the Dream in July of 2011 for a five day. Two stops at Castaway Cay. I could live there. It was wonderful except for our family member who had to leave the ship by ambulance when we docked. We now purchase travel insurance.

My daughter, who will be 8 at the end of the month, loves the fish extender exchange. I can see how it wouldn't appeal to some. I liked it too. We are driving this year so I don't have the luggage restricitions as I did flying. I received some neat things from England and candies from other states that I probably would have never known about or been able to try. There are three of us going, two adults and an eight year old girl.

Good morning everyone!

Just checking in and joining the fun! I just booked this cruise as a planned honeymoon! My girlfriend (soon to be fiancé...planning my proposal now!) and I are planning to get married in late September.

This will be my 6th DCL vacation and her 1st! I've never cruised on a Dream Class ship before! We are very excited to be on board!

MrProjectionist

MrProjectionist said:
Good morning everyone!

Just checking in and joining the fun! I just booked this cruise as a planned honeymoon! My girlfriend (soon to be fiancé...planning my proposal now!) and I are planning to get married in late September.

This will be my 6th DCL vacation and her 1st! I've never cruised on a Dream Class ship before! We are very excited to be on board!

MrProjectionist

Congratulations and good luck with the proposal!

Mike another quick question re KSC. If we get a shuttle to drop us off at KSC how could we then get to the Residence Inn? Thanks Georga

TrixieS said:
Mike another quick question re KSC. If we get a shuttle to drop us off at KSC how could we then get to the Residence Inn? Thanks Georga

Boy that's a tough question Georgia. Here's a little known fact. Rental cars companies in Florida are prevented by law from gouging you on one-way rentals.

Many people (including us) rent a car at MCO and return it at the port. The Hertz counter in Port Canaveral is located in the parking lot of the Residence Inn. They also have a shuttle to the port. So our intention is to rent a car when we arrive on Friday, use it Saturday for KSC, Cocoa Beach, etc and then return it and take advantage of the Hertz shuttle (or Residence I suppose) to get to the shop Sunday morning.

I cannot believe that I haven't been on here since November...my goodness time flies! I know that some people are against using Facebook for DisMeet threads, but it was so much easier on my last cruise since I have Facebook on my phone and could more easily access updates and new posts.

If I'm not mistaken, I volunteered to keep up with the FE list for our cruise, lol. So far, I have the following people wishing to participate (once I figure out how to share Excel files, I'll send everyone a link to that):

momm2four (1 adult)
travelgal (1 adult)
tngirl (not sure how many)
trixieS (2 adults, 1 18/15/12 years olds)

That's all I have for sure, Policycobb, let me know if you wish for me to add your group.

Samommy: The Fish Extender game is a little like reverse trick or treat. You bring items for each cabin/person on the list and at some point during the cruise, you take it by their cabin and drop it into the Fish Extender (some type of pocket/bag that is hung by the door) so that they get a surprise when returning to their room.

Some people go all out and handcraft items and some people just go simple and bring things like magnets or food items from their hometown (For example: Chattanooga, TN is known for Moonpies, so I gave everyone a mini moonpie in the FE) I guess I can't do that for this cruise now that i've told my secret, lol. You can do a search on here for Fish Extender ideas as there are several threads with ideas/pictures.

Let me know if you wish to join. I need room number and who is going to be in your room (sex/age)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Dreary and rainy here in Chattanooga...AGAIN...I don't think we've seen the sun since last weekend, and it's looking like Mon/Tues will bring even heavier showers. I need a deck party:cool1:

Lori P. :)

Hey gang, I have started a FB page to help us get to know each other better. I have done this on several cruises. The page is set up as a secret page so neither the page nor the posts will show up for anyone else to see.

Just send me a friend request on FB hamandayoung@facebook.com and I will add you to the secret site!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda! We'll make sure that any important info is put on the Facebook and this board as well.

uh.....Absybabsy/1 adult (Amanda) and I/1 adult (Whitfive) are doing the FE with you......remember, roomie? lol! :rotfl2:

We will pass on the Facebook page but are happy to continue to correspond here.

BensDaddy said:
We will pass on the Facebook page but are happy to continue to correspond here.

I am also passing. Gets to confusing for my simple mind trying to follow both.

I cannot believe that I haven't been on here since November...my goodness time flies! I know that some people are against using Facebook for DisMeet threads, but it was so much easier on my last cruise since I have Facebook on my phone and could more easily access updates and new posts.

If I'm not mistaken, I volunteered to keep up with the FE list for our cruise, lol. So far, I have the following people wishing to participate (once I figure out how to share Excel files, I'll send everyone a link to that):

momm2four (1 adult)
travelgal (1 adult)
tngirl (not sure how many)
trixieS (2 adults, 1 18/15/12 years olds)

That's all I have for sure, Policycobb, let me know if you wish for me to add your group.

Samommy: The Fish Extender game is a little like reverse trick or treat. You bring items for each cabin/person on the list and at some point during the cruise, you take it by their cabin and drop it into the Fish Extender (some type of pocket/bag that is hung by the door) so that they get a surprise when returning to their room.

Some people go all out and handcraft items and some people just go simple and bring things like magnets or food items from their hometown (For example: Chattanooga, TN is known for Moonpies, so I gave everyone a mini moonpie in the FE) I guess I can't do that for this cruise now that i've told my secret, lol. You can do a search on here for Fish Extender ideas as there are several threads with ideas/pictures.

Let me know if you wish to join. I need room number and who is going to be in your room (sex/age)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Dreary and rainy here in Chattanooga...AGAIN...I don't think we've seen the sun since last weekend, and it's looking like Mon/Tues will bring even heavier showers. I need a deck party:cool1:

I am also passing. Gets to confusing for my simple mind trying to follow both.

No worries on passing. The closer to sail date the Facebook page will get REALLY chatty, popcorn:: it can be a bit to keep up with but it is also a way to have more "private" conversations and planning info so keep it in mind for later. We will always post "important" stuff on both sites. The four of us (Fab4 DISmoms) are pros at "talking" on two cruise meets at once! :lmao:

Sorry, I am not on Facebook. We would like to do the fish extender. There are three of us: 2 adults, one female (43) and one male (41) and one child, Emily (8).

Hello all you newcomers!!
No intention of renting a car Mike at all. We drive on the other side of the road over here in our small country city and we dont fancy taking on big city driving from the wrong side. Wasnt sure if we would be able to get a cab from KSC to the hotel or not, maybe I should contact the hotel.
Thanks for your help!

Amanda when I click on the link it just goes to email. Am I missing something?
and a facebook search reveals nothing which I guess it wont it its a secret ;)

I don't know about you guys, but I could use some sunshine...I don't know when the last sunny day we had was, seriously. We have had rain for about six days in a row, to the point where we were even delayed for two hours for school this morning. A few school systems even cancelled. Tomorrow is calling for more rain turning into maybe snow. I desperately need Castaway Cay!!! :cool2:

Policycobb, I have you down for the FE group

Momm2four- we are def down for the FE as well.
It's my hubby, myself and our DD - she'll be 2 1/2 then.

Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter