Disney Dream October 6, 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by YoungGangMom, May 25, 2012.

1. Tngrl78

Tngrl78 Mouseketeer

Looks like it's going to come right up the middle of the Gulf and hit along the Alabama/Florida panhandle area. It should hit late Saturday night or early Sunday morning according the forecasts right now.

But, when it hits landfall that's already farther north than Port Canaveral. As long as it stays along the forecasted path (wide area path), it should be long gone by the time we hit the Bahamas. The only issue may be if the cloud cover covers a huge area, but I still think PC is far enough away from Karen's path.

We're hoping that our drive down from Tennessee through Georgia and into Florida on Saturday is done before Karen hits any of those areas.

Scott

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. policycobb

policycobb DIS Veteran

We are worried about driving through Georgia and Florida too with Karen. This morning it looks like we might be in the clear.

:banana:

4. Tngrl78

Tngrl78 Mouseketeer

Looks like Karen has tracked more NNW overnight and will be farther west also seems to be moving slower than they perdicted yesterday.

Hopefully this means our drive tomorrow down I-75 will be relatively clear.

Oh... and....

WELCOME to the FINAL FRIDAY COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

There are zero, 0, numero uno, zinch, nada, no more, none.... Friday's to go!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

5. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Hi from WDW. 3rd day here. Having a blast.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

6. MrProjectionist

MrProjectionist Earning My Ears

Hey all. We arrived at Disney this afternoon. Checked into Bay Lake Tower and enjoying a relaxing evening. Still recovering from the wedding, so she's napping!

Hope you all have safe travels.

Josh

7. Mom2ATM

Mom2ATM Earning My Ears

Make-a-Wish is providing a limo to take us to the airport. It picks us up at 3:15 in the morning. In the meantime, we've been at the hospital for 4 hours because Michael needed a transfusion before we leave. I have SO much to do in the next 12 hours, but we are SO excited! Did a meet & greet ever get figured out?

8. jenmarie536

jenmarie536 Earning My Ears

Tomorrow, is CRUISE DAY!! We are currently cuddled up in Orlando anxiously waiting for tomorrow!! So excited! Hope everyone is having safe travels. Glad the 2.5 hr flight with a 2 & 5 year old is behind us ... Well, until we have to fly home ... But I'm not thinking about that yet. Mickey, here we come!

9. MrProjectionist

Headed to the port on our Disney transfer bus! Here we come Disney Dream!!!!

Josh & Sarah

10. rlrose313

rlrose313 Earning My Ears

Had an AWESOME time. Thank you for all the FE gifts!!!!!!!! We had an amazing group!! :)

11. DisneyHysteria

DisneyHysteria Earning My Ears

It was a great first cruise for us!! Too short with so many things to do we missed quite a bit.

My wife was having second thoughts about booking again after 5:30 on Wednesday night. She had a great cruise until all that motion in the ocean started. She took our 11 year old to the Edge and had to walk outside and told me it was raining and the deck was very slippery and the ship was rocking crazy and she could barely keep her balance.

She's still feeling it a bit but is ready to go back.

Still celebrating here in WDW....

12. Leap

Leap Earning My Ears

I am sitting back at home doing laundry and thinking about how enjoyable our 8th Disney cruise was. Thank you for all the FE gifts! I did a lot of 1sts this cruise- 1st FE exchange, 1st 5k ever, 1st cruise without our oldest in college and 1st time on the Disney Dream. Hopefully it won't be our last but with 2 in college next year you never know. Thank you all for a great cruise!

13. jenmarie536

jenmarie536 Earning My Ears

We are home and going through all of our FE gifts again and reliving all of the fun. Thank you all so much for the wonderful gifts!!

This was our first Disney cruise and we are already talking about booking our next cruise. Thanks for your part in making this one so memorable for us!

Oh yea, and I hope everyone enjoyed what we gave. Since this was our first time, I didn't know what to expect or do. Back to the real world ... no Rueben to clean our room or make our bed and no Lloyd to bring us a gourmet dinner every evening ... until we cruise again.

See ya real soon :)

The Cizeks

14. celmarlin

celmarlin Earning My Ears

Our family had a great first cruise on the Dream! We were overwhelmed with the generosity of all our fellow FE folks...thanks for all the goodies! So many of you must have put so much time and effort into making them, we really appreciate all that you did. The kids were so excited to find such wonderful things left for them. We hope you all had a great cruise too!

Celmarlin
    from NC

15. Uonlyliveonce

Uonlyliveonce Earning My Ears

. Our family also had a wonderful first cruise. Did not think about putting tags on our FE gift we will do that next time. Thanks for all the wonderful gifts. We have went thru everything twice since we got back to Tennessee. Ready go to again :0)

16. Tngrl78

Tngrl78 Mouseketeer

We just got back to Tennessee. We stayed one day at a hotel along the coast before we came home.

Thank you all for the wonderful gifts. Our friends and my Dad (8172 and 8174) had their first experience with DCL and with the FE and they all loved the gifts. Thank you all again!

We booked our next cruise while on board. This time a 7 day Eastern cruise on the Fantasy. (Only 51 more Fridays...LOL)

Nite all!

Scott

17. cruisinaz

cruisinaz Mouseketeer

Made it back to AZ, ready for a vacation already!!

Thanks so much to each of you and your families for the FE gifts....a ton of great items and we truly are enjoying all of them.... Well haven't enjoyed the Vegemite yet but looking forward to it!!

18. YoungGangMom

YoungGangMom Mouseketeer

First full day home after 14 days of travel and fun. We loved all our FE gifts and my daughter even checked in the middle of the night she was so excited. Still doing laundry and sorting through souvenirs. Uploading my 1,290 photos, :lmao:

We were a little confused on the ship regarding dining, we understood our seating time but didn't realize the buffet closed very early and the kids could not eat there while we were at Palo or Remy. We never made it to breakfast on time either. The ship was lovely however and the food great.

19. MrProjectionist

Good evening all!

Sarah & I are home and preparing to return to work Monday (blah!). We had a great honeymoon and wanted to say thanks for all of the great FE gifts.

We hope you all enjoyed the comic book coasters we made. They were our wedding favors & we made extra for you fine people! I am going to start a trip report later this week in case any of you want to relive the trip!

I don't think I met any of you this week, but I'm sure some of you saw us at the Match your Mate show on night 1. We were the newlywed couple and we won the show! Got lots of attention the whole cruise because of that show! Kinda fun! Hope you are all well and rested after the cruise!

Cheers,
    Josh

20. policycobb

policycobb DIS Veteran

We had a great time and hope to plan another cruise in a couple of years. Hitting Disney World afterward was pretty hectic. Not sure I would do that again. Magic bands are great!

Loved all the FE gifts. Thanks to everyone!

21. aan1701

aan1701 DIS Veteran

Hi all. Josh I saw you at Match your Mate. I even saw you wearing your Cardinals shirt and told you that I hope the Pirates beat beat you cause as a Dodger fan I knew it would be much tougher against you guys than them. As to the cruise. Way to short. We also did not care for the larger ship. Within a few hours of getting on all I could think about was getting off of her and back on the classics. Yes there were things we liked, but overall I can safely say that unless there is a "need" (like a wedding or a huge anniversary) we will probably never go back on the Dream. On a bright note, we did add on to our DVC and bought a small 50 point contract at the Grand Floridian.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards