Disney Dream July 18, 2013

Hello cruisers! We had a cruise credit to use and when the discounted guarantee rates came out this week, we decided that Mickey had free use of our money for long enough and it was time to sail. It will be myself, my DM, and my DD13. This is the 4th cruise for DD and I...2nd for my mother. Don't know cabin # yet (VGT, OGT, & IGT don't get assigned until about 10 days out in exchange for the deeply discounted rate) so we probably won't join the FE but would be happy to join your group. I'll go out and look for the Facebook page later today and join the group. My most recent Dream cruise was in January, so if you first timers have any questions....I can probably answer them for you. Looking forward to cruising with Mickey :)

:welcome: Bzzelady! You've been added to the Facebook page :thumbsup2 We look forward to meeting all of you on the cruise and will definitely have questions since you are experienced in Disney cruising :) If you change your mind about the FE, just let me know and I'll add you ladies to the list :wizard: See you in 53 days :cool1:

Anyone know of a good place/time for us to meet? I've read other meets where people suggest the sail away party... It would be nice to have an opportunity for all of us to meet :) Any ideas? Experienced cruisers, what would you recommend??

Anyone know of a good place/time for us to meet? I've read other meets where people suggest the sail away party... It would be nice to have an opportunity for all of us to meet :) Any ideas? Experienced cruisers, what would you recommend??
Usually there is a sail away gathering after the muster drill at a designated spot topside. Disboard members on roll call usually have some identifying mark, such as a few strings of Mardigras beads around their neck. An hour long meet and mingle is often the first morning after breakfast arranged with the assistance of the cruise activities director, but I'm not sure how this is done. We have always been introduced to the Captain and other Directors at this event. Name tags are provided. Somehow there is a list of names and cabins of everyone on the roll call. it's rather MAGICAL, if you ask me! That's about all I know.

Hello! This is our first cruise ever and we are all very excited. We would really like to participate in the Fish Extender Exchange. I don't have our stateroom # yet (someone else mentioned that we may not get it until 10 days out). I can message you on Facebook with our details.

:welcome: alvean! I've added you to the Facebook page :goodvibes Several people don't have room assignments yet. That is not a problem :) when you have a chance, just send me your e-mail and information on the people in your party and I'll add it to the FE :cool1: See you in 44 days :yay:

Our personalized fish extender arrived a few days ago and got us all happy and excited about our trip! Can't believe it's just 44 days to geaux!

Where did you get your fish extender? My daughter and I tried to make one but failed miserably

We got our FE from Etsy - Stitches and Bows (Jen Cross). Cost about $40-$50 but they look great and I figure we can re-use it on future cruises since we didn't put any cruise specific stuff on it. Ours should be here tomorrow or Friday.

She usually asks for 4-6 weeks. We told her our sail date to make sure she had enough time. She said she did and took her less than 2 weeks. She gets really busy in the summer though so contacting her first may be a good idea to make sure there is enough lead time.

We also ordered ours from StitchesNBows through Etsy.com. We are delighted with ours!

Alright my DCL buddies :) It looks like Deck 13 forward at 3pm on the first day may be our best bet for a meet and greet. Still investigating, but this looks like a very family friendly spot with a bar next to it and plenty of seating :) What do those of you who have cruised Disney before think??

Aubrey and I are very flexible...not like we can touch our toes flexible, but whatever works for the majority will be fine with us....as long as you make sure we know where & when we are to meet. Old people, right? Gotta love 'em! (Giggles)

That sounds like a perfect spot. Lots of time for me to run forward and look for the dolphins when we leave port :)

:welcome: pdietz! We're excited to have you aboard :) If you are interested in the FE exchange, just let me know. We also have a Facebook page if you want to check it out :) Looking forward to meeting you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter