Disney Dream December 7 2015

Would you like to receive alcohol as a gift?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank you. We just received a letter from Make A Wish and our stateroom # is 2050. I appreciate the offer to share pics ... I may take you up on that ;)
We are going to be near you. I have asked to be added to the list. I am bringing the grandbabies and their parents on their first cruise. My husband and I have been before so I if you have any questions.

Ninja Grandma here. We have staterooms 2040 and 2038. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids. The kids, Jordon and Emma are 6 and their will be Mom and Dad, Nana and Pawpaw. My husband and I are going on our second cruise, and this is the kids and grandkids first cruise. So I would love to be added to a list so I could know how much to bring for extenders

:welcome:
I'm currently at WDW but as soon as I get back home I'll add you guys to the list and post a recent list. Y''all would bring the total to 13 staterooms if i remember correctly.

We are going to be near you. I have asked to be added to the list. I am bringing the grandbabies and their parents on their first cruise. My husband and I have been before so I if you have any questions.
Thanks! I do have two questions - first on the FE, do you pass out one gift to each stateroom/family/person each day, or is it just one gift each and pass it out whenever u want? I was confused by someone else's post. Second, have you ever stayed on a lower deck of the ship before (as opposed to one of the higher decks)? I was wondering if it would be noisy since its near the dining area, or if there would be any other downsides? Wow - we will be nearby ... guess you'll be the first to get your gift - lol!

Thanks! I do have two questions - first on the FE, do you pass out one gift to each stateroom/family/person each day, or is it just one gift each and pass it out whenever u want? I was confused by someone else's post. Second, have you ever stayed on a lower deck of the ship before (as opposed to one of the higher decks)? I was wondering if it would be noisy since its near the dining area, or if there would be any other downsides? Wow - we will be nearby ... guess you'll be the first to get your gift - lol!

If I may I can only answer the 1st question about the FE. Traditionally gifts have only been given to kids but it's changed over the years to giving to whomever you want. Me personally I am only giving one gift per stateroom on one day. Most likely I'll be delivering all of the gifts on embarkation night b/c I won't be able to sleep. You can do it all in one night or you can split it up and deliver to only 3 rooms a night/day.

I found the above answer interesting as by the logic that traditionally FE gifts were only for kids,, we shouldn't participate as we are an adult couple without kids. However this has not been my experience. We have received lots of adult gifts like handmade coasters, an emergency kit made from a potholder, booze, and additives for your coffee, to name a few. My experience is that people give one gift per cruise.

I've found the lower decks to be noisy because of the engines not the dining rooms.

I found the above answer interesting as by the logic that traditionally FE gifts were only for kids,, we shouldn't participate as we are an adult couple without kids. However this has not been my experience. We have received lots of adult gifts like handmade coasters, an emergency kit made from a potholder, booze, and additives for your coffee, to name a few. My experience is that people give one gift per cruise.

I've found the lower decks to be noisy because of the engines not the dining rooms.

I only mentioned it bc of that unpopular opinion thread where someone mentioned that they didn't want to give to nor receive gifts from adults. They didnt want "cheap gifts" Another's diser posted that they use to only give to kids but they changed that when more and more adults were booking without kids. The gift I liked most were these mickey painted Popsicle stick frames from the kids on my last cruise.

I only mentioned it bc of that unpopular opinion thread where someone mentioned that they didn't want to give to nor receive gifts from adults.

Wow! I didn't know that people were that anti adult!

Another's diser posted that they use to only give to kids but they changed that when more and more adults were booking without kids.

I had a friend on a Southern Caribbean Cruise where they had an adult's only FE.

The gift I liked most were these mickey painted Popsicle stick frames from the kids on my last cruise.

That sounds cute.

I have these little burlap bags that I am going to put gifts in for the families. I thought of things like crayons and pirate gold, you can pick up at Party City and those neat light cards you can order off Etsy. I am going to try to do the family friendly gifts.

I can't believe there are such adult haters. I am a diehard disneyphile. My husband and I have just as much fun. I feel it is all about the memories and if I can leave a small gift in the decorate burlap bags for everyone then even if the stuff inside is gone you will have a bag with the logos and other fun Disney stuff to remember the cruise by. I plan on sneaking stuff into my grandbabies fish extender every day. But I also thought maybe cute notes or magents and other stuff I could make would be fun.

I have these little burlap bags that I am going to put gifts in for the families. I thought of things like crayons and pirate gold, you can pick up at Party City and those neat light cards you can order off Etsy. I am going to try to do the family friendly gifts.

I welcome anything anyone gives me or my family. When I cruised for the 1st time w/ my family my little sister was beyond excited about seeing "mail" on her door everyday. That's what counts to me.

I can't believe there are such adult haters. I am a diehard disneyphile. My husband and I have just as much fun. I feel it is all about the memories and if I can leave a small gift in the decorate burlap bags for everyone then even if the stuff inside is gone you will have a bag with the logos and other fun Disney stuff to remember the cruise by. I plan on sneaking stuff into my grandbabies fish extender every day. But I also thought maybe cute notes or magents and other stuff I could make would be fun.

It'll be me and my friends this time and none of us have kids. I'm the disneyphile of the group but it didn't take much convincing for everybody to be on board. We appreciate the Disney cruise more since it's advertised to families w/ small kids we feel extra special when they cater to us as adults.

I welcome anything anyone gives me or my family. When I cruised for the 1st time w/ my family my little sister was beyond excited about seeing "mail" on her door everyday. That's what counts to me.

It'll be me and my friends this time and none of us have kids. I'm the disneyphile of the group but it didn't take much convincing for everybody to be on board. We appreciate the Disney cruise more since it's advertised to families w/ small kids we feel extra special when they cater to us as adults.

Let me know your statemroom and I will make sure you get one of my bags! Also, could you highlight those adults who would be in favor of an adult beverage. I would like to get some of those little airplane bottles, but If I had a number and it would allow me to determine if I can afford it.

Let me know your stateroom and I will make sure you get one of my bags! Also, could you highlight those adults who would be in favor of an adult beverage. I would like to get some of those little airplane bottles, but If I had a number and it would allow me to determine if I can afford it.

I posted the F.E. a few posts up and mines is #9164. I don't know which rooms answered the poll but it's at least half the posters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter