Disney Dream 8672-motion sickness?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyDreamGirl87, Oct 27, 2012.

1. DisneyDreamGirl87

DisneyDreamGirl87 Mouseketeer

Hello all!

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream in December. Our stateroom is 8672. Does anyone have any experience from staying in this room or one near by?
    I suffer from motion sickness and vertigo and I am a bit anxious about being near the back of the ship.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Amandaka78

Amandaka78 Earning My Ears

We are in rooms 8666 and 8668 on the Nov. 8th sailing of the Dream. :yay: My daughter gets motionsickness and has never done well on smaller boats. When we return I will let you know how she did. My fingers are crossed that she will be fine so that I can suprise her with a 7 day cruise for her graduation present in 2014.

4. tiffyms02

tiffyms02 Earning My Ears

We just got off the Dream Thursday, and were in cabin 8670. Honestly, we experienced a lot of motion especially the last night. The seas were starting to get rough due to Sandy. I would definitely plan on bringing meds to help with motion sickness. Even when the seas weren't rough, we still felt the movement.

5. scootch

scootch DIS Veteran

If you are prone to vertigo, start taking the meds before you leave home and take them regardless if you get sick or not. My brother(an MD) gave me antivert and had me take it before bed a few days before and while on the ship and it really helped.

6. kmronnie3

kmronnie3 Mouseketeer

I am prone to dizzy spells so I took Bonine the day before and did not stop until the last day of the cruise. I did not have any problems, I even took sea bands as backup but did not need them. I will say my original room was 8520 but I upgraded at the terminal to the middle of the ship on deck 6 so I am not sure if that made a difference either..Good luck and enjoy

7. cocoachip

cocoachip Mouseketeer

Was in cabin 8582 on the Dream. I took one bonine every 4-6 hours (I think the box calls for 1 every 8 hours?) the whole trip and felt surprisingly well. Hopefully I will be able to use this strategy again in 2014!

8. DisneyDreamGirl87

DisneyDreamGirl87 Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the feedback! We will be celebrating our honeymoon and I don't want to be bed ridden!

Has anyone had good experiences with the ear patches?

9. ajh88

ajh88 DIS Veteran

I haven't used the ear patches, but I also haven't been on a cruise yet! I'm planning on using Bonine (meclizine), which is what I normally use for motion sickness. I know it works for me and it is a lot cheaper than the patches. I do think the patches work well for many people - I just prefer sticking with what I know.