Disney....Down 60 (updated 2/17)

After talking to a co-worker about the marathon (which is 2 weeks from today!), I mentioned that I was only at about 9 miles....and that I was running pretty much the pace of a turtle. He suggested I work on running for longer periods of time, instead of running 30 seconds, walking, running again. So today I decided to try running for a full mile! It was hard at times, but certainly doable. And it was a 12:30min mile! That's awesome for me!!!! Hopefully I can build up my stamina like crazy this week, chill out a smidge next week, and then go have some fun running.

On the weightloss front, well, I don't like to brag......I'm doing amazing :) I'm losing much more consistently, about 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Things are looking up (down)!

Great news for my closet! I was able to fit into some pants that were purchased last Christmas....only to never be worn. Yay for new work attire!

Wow, has it really been almost 4 months since my last update? That is really scary!

Good things are- I have recently become refocused and we are now planning a possible (probable) mini-trip if we meet the half way point by mid-March.

Bad things are- I am back up to 190 and have to come back down :sad:

Something even better has happened though- my sister came with us to the gym tonight and loved it! She asked us if she can join us on the journey to health, and of course we enthusiastically approved! Yay!

This has been such a looong journey and I feel like I have made so little progress. Logically, I know I was 210 in May 2012 and I am now 187 in February 2013. But that is still only 23 total pounds. And most of that was lost before November. Why is this so difficult this time around??? So frustrating. But then I have moments of clarity and think "Why should it be easy? If it takes longer, the results will last longer." Stupid logic!

Good things are that in the past few weeks I have started losing again. And more than that, I have found that I am losing inches much faster than pounds. Since January, I have actually been pretty consistent, only a few bad days here and there. But my body was not responding at all. So frustrating. I've now started losing again, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, if you follow my PTR, you'll know that my sister and I have scheduled a trip for April! It is so exciting and I WILL BE AT 170 FOR THAT TRIP. Then, I have 4 months to lose the final 25 to be at my goal of 145 for the August trip. I CAN DO IT. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Follow my TWO trips here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060070

subscribing.

Great job on your weight loss and fitness journey! How is the running going? I just started back to running again myself. It is a challenge, but well worth it.

I'm going to check out your trip reports now....I love trip planning.

This has been such a looong journey and I feel like I have made so little progress. Logically, I know I was 210 in May 2012 and I am now 187 in February 2013. But that is still only 23 total pounds. And most of that was lost before November. Why is this so difficult this time around??? So frustrating. But then I have moments of clarity and think "Why should it be easy? If it takes longer, the results will last longer." Stupid logic!

Good things are that in the past few weeks I have started losing again. And more than that, I have found that I am losing inches much faster than pounds. Since January, I have actually been pretty consistent, only a few bad days here and there. But my body was not responding at all. So frustrating. I've now started losing again, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. In fact, if you follow my PTR, you'll know that my sister and I have scheduled a trip for April! It is so exciting and I WILL BE AT 170 FOR THAT TRIP. Then, I have 4 months to lose the final 25 to be at my goal of 145 for the August trip. I CAN DO IT. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Follow my TWO trips here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3060070

Weight loss and maintenance isn't the same each time around. Your body reacts differently each time because of age, activity, etc... I lost almost 60 pounds 2 years ago and it fell off rather quickly. Over the next year and a half I gained about 15 of it back. It's been a slow process dropping those 15 pounds this time around, but I've completely changed my approach to the first time. The first time, I just ran and pretty much ate what I wanted, but did try to be conscious of what I put into my body. Now that I've been running for 2 years, I can run alot further but I also eat more carbs than before to fuel my long runs.

I now track my calorie intake and actually decreased my water intake by 20oz. per day and all of a sudden, weight starts falling off. Mind you, I drink ALOT of water and I was just retaining a little each day because it's been so cold when running lately.

Weight maintenance has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. Be conscious of the changes in your body and listen to them and be willing to adapt when needed. You're doing great and it is inspiring!

subscribing.

Great job on your weight loss and fitness journey! How is the running going? I just started back to running again myself. It is a challenge, but well worth it.

I'm going to check out your trip reports now....I love trip planning.

Thanks for joining in! I have actually forgotten to update this thread in awhile. It's hard when there isn't much to report :( Running has actually stopped. I have a very bad family history when it comes to knee joints and it seems as if I was no exception. Even after stopping heavy running for 4 months, my left knee still clicks and rubs :( I'm disappointed that I couldn't run the marathon and it got me down for awhile. But I figure, everyone has to find their niche. Running just wasn't meant to be mine! I have found Zumba and Body Attack at the local gym though. That is definitely doing the job!

Be conscious of the changes in your body and listen to them and be willing to adapt when needed. You're doing great and it is inspiring!

Thanks for the advice! This has been one of my hardest challenges. I'm quick to make excuses because I just don't feel it one day, or it's okay to eat that because I worked hard....making excuses but not really listening to what my body is telling me. Always learning!

Thanks also for thinking I'm doing great. Sometimes I just don't see it.

Thanks for joining in! I have actually forgotten to update this thread in awhile. It's hard when there isn't much to report :( Running has actually stopped. I have a very bad family history when it comes to knee joints and it seems as if I was no exception. Even after stopping heavy running for 4 months, my left knee still clicks and rubs :( I'm disappointed that I couldn't run the marathon and it got me down for awhile. But I figure, everyone has to find their niche. Running just wasn't meant to be mine! I have found Zumba and Body Attack at the local gym though. That is definitely doing the job!

Thanks for the advice! This has been one of my hardest challenges. I'm quick to make excuses because I just don't feel it one day, or it's okay to eat that because I worked hard....making excuses but not really listening to what my body is telling me. Always learning!

Thanks also for thinking I'm doing great. Sometimes I just don't see it.

One thing I started taking when I was having some knee issues and it did the trick. Worked for my younger brother too! I started taking Glucosimine with Chondrotin and MSM. I'm a heavier runner (215lbs.) and log about 20-30 miles per week at a decent pace (most runs under 9mm) so I had to do something to take care of my knees. I'm 34 so I ain't exactly a spring chicken either. :rotfl2:

Today we had a church fundraiser at Outback Steakhouse. Enter problems. I started off intending to skip the delectable Bloomin' Onion, enjoy the low cal salad (sans cheese), split a low cal entree and skip dessert. Well, things did not go entirely according to plan.

First off, they brought the Bloomin' Onion to the table and that was all we had for about 1/2 a hour. So I had a bit. Not a ton, but definitely more than one or two pieces.

Next, ordering the salad I forgot to ask for no cheese, but I did get the low-cal dressing, which I would get anyway, I love it. It's Tangy Tomato. It's soooo good.

Then come the entree's. Well, there were two on the menu that I wanted to try, and both were not too bad. So Mama and I decided to get both and then split between us. So I had 1/2 chicken on the barbie, and 1/2 pork tenderloin. Both lower calorie options, but I certainly didn't have to have both. We also split a baked potato and an order of broccoli.

Then came dessert. We had planned on splitting one slice of cheesecake, but they were so small, we just kind of ate it.

Damage was done. About 1200 calories by the end. Ouch. So, then this happened.

temporary_zps4a3d1523.jpg

(Actually 170 minutes. It reset after the first 100.)

temporary_zps770d2167.jpg

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!

One thing I started taking when I was having some knee issues and it did the trick. Worked for my younger brother too! I started taking Glucosimine with Chondrotin and MSM. I'm a heavier runner (215lbs.) and log about 20-30 miles per week at a decent pace (most runs under 9mm) so I had to do something to take care of my knees. I'm 34 so I ain't exactly a spring chicken either. :rotfl2:

Certainly doesn't bode well for me if I'm having these problems at 22 though :confused3

Certainly doesn't bode well for me if I'm having these problems at 22 though :confused3

Those kinds of issues can happen to anyone logging long miles. My younger brother is the one who introduced me to that. He's 26 and only weighs 160 and started having knee problems.

Today we had a church fundraiser at Outback Steakhouse. Enter problems. I started off intending to skip the delectable Bloomin' Onion, enjoy the low cal salad (sans cheese), split a low cal entree and skip dessert. Well, things did not go entirely according to plan.

First off, they brought the Bloomin' Onion to the table and that was all we had for about 1/2 a hour. So I had a bit. Not a ton, but definitely more than one or two pieces.

Next, ordering the salad I forgot to ask for no cheese, but I did get the low-cal dressing, which I would get anyway, I love it. It's Tangy Tomato. It's soooo good.

Then come the entree's. Well, there were two on the menu that I wanted to try, and both were not too bad. So Mama and I decided to get both and then split between us. So I had 1/2 chicken on the barbie, and 1/2 pork tenderloin. Both lower calorie options, but I certainly didn't have to have both. We also split a baked potato and an order of broccoli.

Then came dessert. We had planned on splitting one slice of cheesecake, but they were so small, we just kind of ate it.

Damage was done. About 1200 calories by the end. Ouch. So, then this happened.

temporary_zps4a3d1523.jpg

(Actually 170 minutes. It reset after the first 100.)

temporary_zps770d2167.jpg

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!

Wow - way to make up for the extra calories with that serious treadmill time! I'm impressed!:worship:

Wow - way to make up for the extra calories with that serious treadmill time! I'm impressed!:worship:

Sorry I neglected this thread for awhile....thanks so much! It was actually on a bike, which took a little longer than a treadmill would. My knees didn't thank me the next day :( But I was proud that I accomplished it!!!!

Progress Pic Update!

I may not be losing pounds as fast as I would like, but I am certainly losing inches!

Here is January 2012 vs mirror pics from today!

MinnieMouse_zpsec2db142.jpg
temporary_zpse27d8220.jpg

105_3252_zpsb489ee52.jpg
temporary_zpsf10c9e4a.jpg

I have to remember that even though I may not hit every numerical goal that I make, simply feeling this good thus far is an achievement itself!

Only 30 pounds to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter