Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

We have stayed at all the values except AoA, but we have eaten there three times and walked the grounds. (At one point in time we set off to try each WDW resort, but we got stuck with our favorites and stay at the same ones over and over.)

AoA or Pop would be my first choices. AoA because it's over the top, and Pop because it is centrally located. The beds at Pop are very comfy. They got new matresses recently. We haven't stayed since they got the mini-fridge. But we have resies for Sept!!

If AoA or Pop wasn't available my next pick in a value is All Star Movies. It's the furthest away from anything, but I prefer the decor over Sports or Music. Also it seems most teen groups stay at Music or Sports and more families at Movies.

The only thing I don't like about a value resort is the size of the beds. I prefer a queen size to a double.

Can't wait to hear which value you choose!

I got a Nikkon 3100. After reading reviews, and seeing a sale at a store, we went with that. It's a very easy to use beginner camera. Right now, I'm using it as a point and shoot camera til I figure out what I'm doing. It was also very easy to download pictures from the camera to the computer without downloading any software. Though it does come with it's own software too.

The pictures of the construction were taken with a 50-200mm zoom lens, and the pictures of AoA were taken with the 18-50mm zoom lens. It is a bit of a pain to have to change lenses for close up vs far away pics.

My little lumix point and shoot has decent zoom and everything all built into a little compact camera and it was only $70, but it doesn't take pictures as crisp and clear as this new one.

Great info on the value resorts - thanks so much. Was thinking Pop looked much better for two adults with no kids :) I love some of the moderates but wanted to keep cost down for the next trip. Maybe I'll start off at a value and move up. Double beds could be a challenge both DH and I are long legged but who sleeps at WDW??? I'll keep you posted what we decide. Really looking forward to seeing everything for Christmas 2013.

Love the camera shots - not sure if I'm ready for the extra lens to juggle but getting close. With as much pictures as I take I should invest in one and get over my fears.

I was watching those pics while we were on the way out here. Looked like he really enjoyed that time. Not sure who # 6 is, I was prepared last time out there in case we came across someone with it, with a bunch of the stars just in case, but we didn't spend much time in MK, hopefully they'll have the card packs sorted out by the time we're back for my 40th, I'll buy a bunch then LOL

I'm sure by then it should be!

Great info on the value resorts - thanks so much. Was thinking Pop looked much better for two adults with no kids :) I love some of the moderates but wanted to keep cost down for the next trip. Maybe I'll start off at a value and move up. Double beds could be a challenge both DH and I are long legged but who sleeps at WDW??? I'll keep you posted what we decide. Really looking forward to seeing everything for Christmas 2013.

Love the camera shots - not sure if I'm ready for the extra lens to juggle but getting close. With as much pictures as I take I should invest in one and get over my fears.

If you're not in your room much the bed doesn't make that much of a difference.

Disney at Christmas is so beautiful! I wish the season lasted longer!

Hey there!!

Star Wars Celebration starts on Thursday!! There are things from 10 in the morning til late at night. Not sure what all we'll get to see and do. Hoping there is a quiet spot somewhere for Anakin to take a nap. Although as soon as he hits his w/c he seems to fall asleep. He says the angle is relaxing. Somehow in between all this Star Wars stuff we have to fit in 3 days of school work. He likes working in the car, so we can do some of the things while traveling.

I'm sure by then it should be!

If you're not in your room much the bed doesn't make that much of a difference.

Disney at Christmas is so beautiful! I wish the season lasted longer!

Hey there!!

Star Wars Celebration starts on Thursday!! There are things from 10 in the morning til late at night. Not sure what all we'll get to see and do. Hoping there is a quiet spot somewhere for Anakin to take a nap. Although as soon as he hits his w/c he seems to fall asleep. He says the angle is relaxing. Somehow in between all this Star Wars stuff we have to fit in 3 days of school work. He likes working in the car, so we can do some of the things while traveling.

Oh that's great!! You know it's good he can sleep in his W/C. That makes life easier for you. Doing work in the car is great. If he can do it great! Loren would get car sick.

My two start back on Monday. Loren is "lucky" he gets some time off on Monday to go to the orthodontist.

Hi Tink....will be back to get all caught up....just wanted to say Hi and hope all is going great!

I am thinking about you all Michelle. I hope that you are out of the hurricanes path. My prayers are with you.

We are back from the convention! It was awesome!!

Oh that's great!! You know it's good he can sleep in his W/C. That makes life easier for you. Doing work in the car is great. If he can do it great! Loren would get car sick.

My two start back on Monday. Loren is "lucky" he gets some time off on Monday to go to the orthodontist.

He only fell asleep once at the convention. There was too much he didn't want to miss.

How did the orthodontist go? Grumpy had his first day of class today. He loved it, but didn't like driving in the nasty weather to get there. The ride home was much better.

Hi Tink....will be back to get all caught up....just wanted to say Hi and hope all is going great!

Welcome back! All is well!

I am thinking about you all Michelle. I hope that you are out of the hurricanes path. My prayers are with you.

Since it shifted out to sea we are fine!! We've had rain and wind, but no flooding. Today we had moments of sun and moments of downpour. High is in the high seventies today.

I echo those thoughts. Worried about everyone here on the DIS, hope everyone was safe and suffered no damage during the hurricane. :grouphug:

I am concerned about those on the coasts too. The wind and surf has been beating up the coast and I've seen pictures of flooding.

We are safe. We weren't home for the worst of it. We stayed overnight in Orlando last night for the convention.

hope you are all safe!

We are safe!

I've been thinking of you guys all weekend. I hope that you are all safe and sound!

We are all safe and totally charged up from 4 days of awesomeness at the convention!

Glad you all are safe and I hope Grumpy has a better day at school tomorrow with better weather.

Can't wait to hear about the convention! :yay:

I am glad that you guys had fun! Good job Anakin only falling asleep once! That's rough for Grumpy driving through that rain. It is never fun to drive in bad weather. I am glad you guys were spared the worst of it.

I just wanted to stop by to let you know I've been thinking of you and praying for you during Isaac.

D~

I know it has been quite a while since I posted to your TR... I am still sub'd... just have lost track the last two months. I am not sure quite why time has to go by so quickly.

Just thought I would say hello and make a couple (very late) comments. I guess I may have made some comments...so some of these might seem redundant.

CP - I think that they characters and cm's there tend to be wonderful. Food... well that seems to be hit or miss. I did have breakfast there for the first time in December and was AMAZED. Yum. Glad you gave it another try.

Frontier Donald - How cute is he? Funny that Anakin knew he was different :goodvibes

Harvey bags - LOVE THEM! I wish they were not so spendy.

AoA- What neat pics! I have a single night booked next month in the little mermaid room and I am pretty excited about it. Wow, looking at the map you showed...wow that section looks like it is out pretty far from the Animation Hall. I know that dd would love to stay in the Lion King section... but we certainly don't need a suite for just one night.

The water area in Fantasyland - Looks like Anakin had a fun time. Those water play areas are always such a huge hit!

Running out of Cards - Good for Anakin for not being too upset. Phewy on Disney for not ordering enough cards

CRT sword - That was very kind of that couple. This is one thing I just love about Disney trips... the pixie dust that everyone is willing to spread around. :goodvibes

Hello Everyone! Thanks for hanging in there. Starting the Celebration VI trip report. Here is the link http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2946343&page=30

Glad you all are safe and I hope Grumpy has a better day at school tomorrow with better weather.

Can't wait to hear about the convention! :yay:

He had a great first week of school. He enjoys his classes! The rest of the week's weather was perfect!

I started the convention TR!

How are your classes going? I hope your surgery is healing well.

I am glad that you guys had fun! Good job Anakin only falling asleep once! That's rough for Grumpy driving through that rain. It is never fun to drive in bad weather. I am glad you guys were spared the worst of it.

We were so blessed. There was some flooding on the gulf and on the Atlantic, also some erosion as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were hit by the hurricane.

Tink, I wanted to let you know that I am here, and still praying. Hugs to all!!!

Appreciate it! I'm still here too, dh has one more day of vacation. We are enjoying it to the fullest!

Classes are in full swing though too. Anakin is starting acting and singing classes this fall. Both are on Mondays, just different times and different places. He is excited to start.

I just wanted to stop by to let you know I've been thinking of you and praying for you during Isaac.

D~

Thanks for thinking of us and praying for us. Appreciate it!

I know it has been quite a while since I posted to your TR... I am still sub'd... just have lost track the last two months. I am not sure quite why time has to go by so quickly.

Just thought I would say hello and make a couple (very late) comments. I guess I may have made some comments...so some of these might seem redundant.

CP - I think that they characters and cm's there tend to be wonderful. Food... well that seems to be hit or miss. I did have breakfast there for the first time in December and was AMAZED. Yum. Glad you gave it another try.

Frontier Donald - How cute is he? Funny that Anakin knew he was different :goodvibes

Harvey bags - LOVE THEM! I wish they were not so spendy.

AoA- What neat pics! I have a single night booked next month in the little mermaid room and I am pretty excited about it. Wow, looking at the map you showed...wow that section looks like it is out pretty far from the Animation Hall. I know that dd would love to stay in the Lion King section... but we certainly don't need a suite for just one night.

The water area in Fantasyland - Looks like Anakin had a fun time. Those water play areas are always such a huge hit!

Running out of Cards - Good for Anakin for not being too upset. Phewy on Disney for not ordering enough cards

CRT sword - That was very kind of that couple. This is one thing I just love about Disney trips... the pixie dust that everyone is willing to spread around. :goodvibes

Thanks for commenting! The Little Mermaid section isn't that far away from Animation Hall. I took more pictures last week when we ate at Landscapes of Flavor again during Star Wars Celebration VI. You'll see better mermaid pictures then.

The new wait area at Dumbo looks great too. Though I'm not sure how much Anakin would be able to do there. The skill level looked more than what he is capable of doing. There was climbing and things like that.

He had a great first week of school. He enjoys his classes! The rest of the week's weather was perfect!

That is good to hear! :goodvibes I bet he will LOVE college, especially since he gets to take all those fun culinary classes! :thumbsup2

I started the convention TR!

I saw, can't wait til it really gets going. :woohoo:

How are your classes going? I hope your surgery is healing well.

I do seem to be healing well from surgery, MUCH better than last time! :goodvibes I just joined a chronic pain/illness support group on campus and it is already such a blessing. My classes are going okay, I love all of them but Genetics, it's really bringing me down. :rotfl: I survived Physics and Organic Chemistry but something about Genetics really grinds my gears. :headache::headache: UGH. I'm also having issues with my adapted PE teacher being accommodating (and rude) but hopefully that will be sorted out soon... What classes are Grumpy taking?

Classes are in full swing though too. Anakin is starting acting and singing classes this fall. Both are on Mondays, just different times and different places. He is excited to start.

Oh my, I bet Anakin will be great at acting, he is so expressive and energetic! I used to be good at acting in my younger days, not sure what happened. :confused3

Glad classes are going well. Hope that one instructor becomes accomodating.

He is taking a Roman history class, a management class, speech, and a serve safe course.

Very happy!! We booked a Disney vacation for the mustang convention!! Thanks for the heads-up, jmskinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter