Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

Thanks everyone!! We are seeing improvements in many areas. He is able to think clearer, his memory is improving, his handwriting improved, he isn't hiding under the table every time he hears an unexpected noise, and he was able to walk both up and down a few steps, unassisted, the other day.

What great news Tink!!! This is amazing, wonderful improvements! I hope he continues to move forward!

It's such a miracle that Anakin has been seizure free for an entire month! And, just look at all the strides he's taken recently. Prayers are being answered!

Thanks everyone!! We are seeing improvements in many areas. He is able to think clearer, his memory is improving, his handwriting improved, he isn't hiding under the table every time he hears an unexpected noise, and he was able to walk both up and down a few steps, unassisted, the other day.

that's wonderful...so happy he is moving forward :goodvibes

not so good here at our house, Megan's been sick all day with 101-103 fever, achy and got sick a couple of times...hope she is feeling better tomorrow and she can sleep well tonight!

These are all huge things! I can only imagine how pleased this makes you.

We are very happy with the progress! It's making life alot less stressful!

What great news Tink!!! This is amazing, wonderful improvements! I hope he continues to move forward!

Thanks! We do too! We are actually getting sleep. I mean a full night's sleep; probably for the first time in 2 years.

It's such a miracle that Anakin has been seizure free for an entire month! And, just look at all the strides he's taken recently. Prayers are being answered!

It really is a miracle. Our last visit to the neuro he said that only surgery would give him a shot at being seizure free. Some of the older women of our church began praying for total healing without surgery. They knew I was concerned about the success rate of surgery only being 70%, and the success rate goes down 2 years, after surgery. I do believe that all the prayer from all our family, friends, DISboard friends, facebook friends, etc is being answered!

that's wonderful...so happy he is moving forward :goodvibes

not so good here at our house, Megan's been sick all day with 101-103 fever, achy and got sick a couple of times...hope she is feeling better tomorrow and she can sleep well tonight!

Thanks!

Praying Megan feels better soon! Night time is always the worse. I hope she has a good night's sleep.

I am so happy for Anakin!

Thanks!!

was a very long night, she woke up twice, tossed and turned the rest...I got almost no sleep - she was in my bed too....fever is almost gone and she's been up a bit tonight, hope tonight will be better rest for us both and she is better in the morning!

hope you had a great day!

was a very long night, she woke up twice, tossed and turned the rest...I got almost no sleep - she was in my bed too....fever is almost gone and she's been up a bit tonight, hope tonight will be better rest for us both and she is better in the morning!

hope you had a great day!

I'm so sorry she is sick. I hope last night was good. Maybe you both can get a nap during the afternoon?

We had the most excellent day! We planned to celebrate the 1 month mark with lunch at LeCellier and some time at Epcot. We decided to cancel the lunch on Saturday for Monday, and just wing it. We ended up at CityWalk. We ate lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Then headed to IOA to ride One Fish, Two Fish.

Did we enjoy our first meal at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.? Did we get to ride One Fish, Two Fish? The answers might surprise you. But you'll have to wait for an update or two or three.

Back tracking to June 6th...

We just had to check out the Art of Animation resort!! After reading the Disney Food Blog, I ended up with the hugest craving for the surf and turf burger! It was raining. We don't need sunshine to eat, so off we went to enjoy dinner at Landscape's of Flavor.

We arrived at the security gate and a very nice cm ushered us into the resort with directions on where to park.

20120606_194809.jpg

20120606_195211.jpg

The parking lot was empty! I guess with only the Nemo section opened at the time, that would account for the empty parking lot.

As we walked inside, we were captivated by the artwork on the walls and ceiling.

20120606_205115.jpg

20120606_205059.jpg

20120606_195308.jpg

20120606_195321.jpg

The check in/guest services area

20120606_195331.jpg

20120606_205047.jpg

We entered the food court. The overhead lights are just captivating.

20120606_202955.jpg

20120606_204923.jpg

20120606_203009.jpg

This is the food report I posted on the AoA thread + pictures that I didn't post.

What an amazing resort!! I had promised a poster on here that I would report back on how dining went with our son who has ASD.

The resort is beautiful!! None of the pictures do it justice. The pictures are amazing, but in person the resort is that much more incredible!!

Back to dining with ASD. Pizza is what my son chose, of course. Almost every hot food is prepared for the individual as you wait. Plan on a minimum of a 5 to 10 minute wait person. Our wait was unusual. It took about 30 minutes from the time of order to the time the last one of us had his/her food. One of the cm dropped my dh's meatball sandwich on the floor. Instead of expiditing the food ahead of others waiting it was re-ordered and placed behind the other people there. My son's pizza was getting cold, so I paid for my Surf and Turf burger and ds's pizza.

I couldn't carry everything so dh helped us get to a table. And I ended up back to get the meatball sandwich. The line and pick up area was packed in that short time. I couldn't get through the people to the pick up area, so I went back in the order line and told Meagan who was taking orders that I was there to get my husband's meatball sandwich which was already ordered and I wanted to order a cheese and pesto bread. I told her twice the meatball was already ordered. She said ok, and did not communicate a single word of that to Rachel who was distributing the food.

When I got up to Rachel, she was very ticked off. Not just about my order, but that pizza's and such were being ordered and she didn't know if they were to be boxed or handed to the people and she was unable to get people's attention to ask them, she was rolling her eyes at people. She was also upset that people were telling her the number of what they were waiting for, like a #4 or #5. She said she didn't know the menu to please tell her what a #4 was, etc. She reprimanded me for not telling someone that I was waiting for an already made meatball sandwich. I told her that Meagan knew, because I informed her. So then she went and reprimanded Meagan about the wasted food, since there were now 2 meatball sandwiches, and she threw the one away. Matt the chef had suggested she get off the serving line and perhaps do something else like attend to the pizzas coming out of the oven. From here, Rachel took a deep breath and went back into character. She expidited the cheese and pesto bread, very nicely asked me if I wanted ceasar salad with the sandwich, and attended to guests.

My suggestion to Disney would be to get pagers for that particular station like they do at POFQ's one station. There was quite a bottleneck at the pick up area since pizza's take some time to bake, the pasta takes time to cook, etc. Several people were waiting at the pick up area with one or two items already cooked on their tray getting cold, waiting for a pizza. A pager would certainly help with the bottlenecking, but wouldn't help with the food orders being served separate as they were ready. Perhaps, a pager going off when the entire order at the station was ready might be in order? Communication between order and pick up needs to be improved too.

That was the bad, now on to the excellent...

I ordered the Surf and Turf burger. I was asked who my favorite character was. About 5 minutes later, a cm announced that Tinker Bell's food was ready!

Wow!!! By the time I got back to my Surf and Turf burger (about 30 minutes) it was luke warm, but I was truely immersed in flavor and texture. By far, this was THE BEST crab cake sandwich I have ever eaten!! I tasted the shrimp solo, and it was very crunchy and spicey. I tasted the crab cake separately and it was kind of plain tasting. Together in the sandwich the crab cake and shrimp created an explosion of yumminess!!! The bun totally complimented the flavor. Without a doubt, I will order this again!!

20120606_202122.jpg

DH said his meatball sandwich was better than the meatball sandwich at POP. He said the flavor was much better.

20120606_202108.jpg

DS enjoyed his pizza, but he loved, loved, loved the cheese and pesto bread!!

20120606_202101.jpg

We will definately eat there again. I realize our experience was very unusual, and am sure it will be much better next time!

As for sound, my son did not need his ear phones like he does at Everything POP. We noticed the Mermaid section had a bit of an echo that the Lion King section did not.

Would the rain stop so we could explore the grounds?

It was! Now I'm craving the surf and turf burger again, lol!

I kept asking myself where the "turf" was in that surf and turf burger. After extensive investigation (i.e. I googled) I found that it is called the Surf and Surf Burger. Ah, makes much more sense to me now. Did the crabcake part have lots of nice jumbo lump crabmeat and very little filler (you know, a true Maryland-style crabcake) or was it full of filler with flecks of crabmeat (what the rest of the world thinks is a crabcake)?

OMG...love the pictures of AoA! I want to stay there! Sorry about the awful ordering experience, ugh! I had when resturants can't get it together. The surf and turf burger looks so yummy...adding it to my WDW food list!

As for photo resizing. I upload into photo bucket and then I do my resizing...one picture at a time. I click on the picture that I want to resize from the main album view page (one with all the page pictures showing), once I have just that picture drag your mouse along the top of the picture and a hortizontal menu bar appears which about 1/4 of the way across the picture says RESIZE and I pull down that drop down menu with my cursor to select the size...if it is a picture that I want to showcase then I usually select 640 and all others I select 400. It will ask you once you click on the resize, if you are sure you want to do this (it cant be reversed once resized), click okay and then it resizes. I have noticed that there is a delay between when I resize and post the picture on DIS, usually not more than a day and the picture link resizes. I hope this helps. It takes awhile to do.

I kept asking myself where the "turf" was in that surf and turf burger. After extensive investigation (i.e. I googled) I found that it is called the Surf and Surf Burger. Ah, makes much more sense to me now. Did the crabcake part have lots of nice jumbo lump crabmeat and very little filler (you know, a true Maryland-style crabcake) or was it full of filler with flecks of crabmeat (what the rest of the world thinks is a crabcake)?

LOL, I never noticed that and nobody there corrected me when I ordered. The crab cake had lots of lumps of crabmeat, very little filler. The shrimp on top were mostly fried batter though.

OMG...love the pictures of AoA! I want to stay there! Sorry about the awful ordering experience, ugh! I had when resturants can't get it together. The surf and turf burger looks so yummy...adding it to my WDW food list!

As for photo resizing. I upload into photo bucket and then I do my resizing...one picture at a time. I click on the picture that I want to resize from the main album view page (one with all the page pictures showing), once I have just that picture drag your mouse along the top of the picture and a hortizontal menu bar appears which about 1/4 of the way across the picture says RESIZE and I pull down that drop down menu with my cursor to select the size...if it is a picture that I want to showcase then I usually select 640 and all others I select 400. It will ask you once you click on the resize, if you are sure you want to do this (it cant be reversed once resized), click okay and then it resizes. I have noticed that there is a delay between when I resize and post the picture on DIS, usually not more than a day and the picture link resizes. I hope this helps. It takes awhile to do.

I hope you get to stay there! I went pro because I keep exceeding my monthly limit, so I can chose a different size for web when I download the picture and it will still save the original picture. At least from what I read on their help screen. But I had no idea what size the numbers would end up. Now you have given me a ball park idea.

thanks for sharing photos...we are definately going to stay there Nov 2013...checked Poly will be about $450 a night, so not in my budget even for one night :scared:

sorry for the CM issue, seems like they need somemore training! food looks yummy!

I'm sure you'll love AoA!! You can always go to the Poly for a meal or a dole whip or just to walk around.

AOA looks and sounds amazing !! I can't wait to get back to WDW and check it out. Haven't decided when and if we'll stay there soon .. but I still want to see it in person. :thumbsup2

AOA looks and sounds amazing !! I can't wait to get back to WDW and check it out. Haven't decided when and if we'll stay there soon .. but I still want to see it in person. :thumbsup2

It's definately worth checking out! More pics of the resort from that evening coming. Just keep in mind that only the Nemo section was opened then.

After we ate, we walked around. For many years we have stayed at Pop and looked across at a vacant building, then at construction. Now we were looking at a beautifully completed area of the resort looking over at Pop Century.

20120606_211115.jpg

20120606_211046-1.jpg

20120606_210932-1.jpg

20120606_210916-1.jpg

20120606_210703-1.jpg

20120606_210713-1.jpg

20120606_210609.jpg

20120606_210904-1.jpg

20120606_210423.jpg

20120606_210413.jpg

20120606_210240.jpg

20120606_210107.jpg

20120606_205825.jpg

20120606_205828.jpg

20120606_205844.jpg

20120606_205706.jpg

20120606_205739.jpg

okay that just made my decision...we are definately staying at AoA. love all the theme items! Anakin looks like he enjoyed posing for photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter