Disney discounted room only offer on UK-Expedia; ended 31 March.

I've read sone of the thread but not all. My parents are traveling with us and will need a Handicap Accessible room. How can I request that?

I got my confirmation numbers almost immediately after getting my itinerary number. When I plug it into MDE it isn't working. What could be the problem? I plan to email them but thought I'd ask the experts here first!

I got my confirmation numbers almost immediately after getting my itinerary number. When I plug it into MDE it isn't working. What could be the problem? I plan to email them but thought I'd ask the experts here first!

Is it the confirmation # that Expedia gives you? If so, Disney won't recognize it. You need to get a confirmation # directly from Disney which will begin with a "4" and is completely different than Expedia's confirmation #.

I've called Disney directly both times after about a week after booking and requested my confirmation # from them - took just a couple minutes both times I've called. I've heard others have had some difficulty in getting Disney to cooperate. Guess it all depends on which CM answers, lol.

Is it the confirmation # that Expedia gives you? If so, Disney won't recognize it. You need to get a confirmation # directly from Disney which will begin with a "4" and is completely different than Expedia's confirmation #.

I've called Disney directly both times after about a week after booking and requested my confirmation # from them - took just a couple minutes both times I've called. I've heard others have had some difficulty in getting Disney to cooperate. Guess it all depends on which CM answers, lol.

Thank you! I know I've seen the answer SOMEWHERE in this thread but couldn't seem to locate it. I emailed Expedia already but will call Disney in the meantime. Thank you again :)

Thank you! I know I've seen the answer SOMEWHERE in this thread but couldn't seem to locate it. I emailed Expedia already but will call Disney in the meantime. Thank you again :)
I'd emailed Expedia but never heard back, so just gave Disney a call. I used the number (407) 939-7765 and picked the online help extension. They were a little confused at first and told me I should have gotten my number already, but when I said I didn't get one that works, they were able to look it up and I'm all linked now. Only took a few minutes. :)

Usually we drive down to Orlando, but I helped a neighbor book a reservation and I'm wondering about Magical Express. Are they able to use Magical Express once they have their confirmation number? TIA for any help you can give me on this.

There's a mobile code available APP10 to take 10 pound sterling off (which is roughly $15). Not sure if it's worth my cancelling & rebooking to save $15. Now if hotel price goes down too, then I'll probably bite the bullet. But just throwing it out there in case it helps anyone.

EDIT: My bad. Looks like it's a 10% off discount, not just 10 pound sterling like I originally posted. Well that saves me roughly $30 off my reservation so I'm going to go ahead and cancel and rebook. They must hate me over there. This is the 4th time now that I've cancelled/rebooked with them. Arg.

Last edited:
Still a few days to go until this offer ends and if you're flexible then there's still a few dates and room types with reasonable savings and here's an example at Club-Level over 4th of July at AKL.

Animal Kingdom in a Standard Room at Club Level
Check-in: Sunday 28th June
Check-out: Sunday 5th July
7-night stay
UK Expedia £1,687.84 approximately $2,515
1 GBP = 1.48989 USD

Current price if booking on Disney with their summer offer; $3,307.

Current price with Orbitz when using the TAKEABREAK 15% code; $2,847.17. Plus I believe you could earn $85.42 in Orbucks so bringing the price down to $2,761.75.

If I got the math right then in this example UK Expedia is still cheaper by around $246.

But if you were looking to book a standard room at AKL for those same 7-nights then Orbitz would work out cheaper by about $200.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Orlando-Ho...30091&c=892f3c23-6ea2-4bbe-a093-c91ab6ea80f5&

So if you've already booked with UK Expedia it's worth rechecking against Orbitz current offer. http://www.orbitz.com/mktg/Why-Book-on-Orbitz/

There's a mobile code available APP10 to take 10 pound sterling off (which is roughly $15). Not sure if it's worth my cancelling & rebooking to save $15. Now if hotel price goes down too, then I'll probably bite the bullet. But just throwing it out there in case it helps anyone.

EDIT: My bad. Looks like it's a 10% off discount, not just 10 pound sterling like I originally posted. Well that saves me roughly $30 off my reservation so I'm going to go ahead and cancel and rebook. They must hate me over there. This is the 4th time now that I've cancelled/rebooked with them. Arg.

How is this done? I'm on the mobile version of the website and it tells me that it can't be applied to this booking. Please check the terms and conditions. What are the terms?

How is this done? I'm on the mobile version of the website and it tells me that it can't be applied to this booking. Please check the terms and conditions. What are the terms?

Did you download the app? Also, make sure you are on the UK version of Expedia. It says it's active, so not sure what could be wrong.

I copied/pasted directly from the Expedia UK website:

10% off selected hotels!

Mobile Voucher Code: APP10

Qualifying bookings:

This voucher code discount applies only to pre-pay stand-alone hotel bookings (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) made through the UK Expedia Mobile App or UK Expedia Tablet App (each an "App") (subject to the restrictions set out in the terms and conditions below).

The App is available to download from (i) the iTunes store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and (ii) the Google Play Store for Android tablets and phones. For details see www.expedia.co.uk/p/app.

Minimum Spend:

£100 (minimum spend is the price of the travel reservation excluding any taxes, fees or additional costs).

Redemption Period:

12.01am [[GMT] / [BST]], 23/03/2015 to 11:59pm [[GMT] / [BST], 31/12/2015.

Travel Period:

The travel dates must be between 23/03/2015 and 31/12/2015 (inclusive).

How to use your voucher code
  • You must make your hotel booking with Expedia.co.uk on through the App. Select UK under the "country" link within the information page of the App.
  • Use the App to search for hotels for your desired stay dates, within the travel period given above.
  • During the booking process, on the payment page you will see the link "Enter a coupon or promotion code" where your voucher code needs to be entered.
  • Enter your voucher code, then click the "apply" link. The applicable discount will be subtracted from the price of the travel reservation before the application of any taxes, applicable fees or additional costs.

Did you download the app? Also, make sure you are on the UK version of Expedia. It says it's active, so not sure what could be wrong.

I copied/pasted directly from the Expedia UK website:

10% off selected hotels!

Mobile Voucher Code: APP10

Qualifying bookings:

This voucher code discount applies only to pre-pay stand-alone hotel bookings (not a hotel booking in combination with any other product such as flight + hotel or flight + hotel + car) made through the UK Expedia Mobile App or UK Expedia Tablet App (each an "App") (subject to the restrictions set out in the terms and conditions below).

The App is available to download from (i) the iTunes store for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and (ii) the Google Play Store for Android tablets and phones. For details see www.expedia.co.uk/p/app.

Minimum Spend:

£100 (minimum spend is the price of the travel reservation excluding any taxes, fees or additional costs).

Redemption Period:

12.01am [[GMT] / [BST]], 23/03/2015 to 11:59pm [[GMT] / [BST], 31/12/2015.

Travel Period:

The travel dates must be between 23/03/2015 and 31/12/2015 (inclusive).

How to use your voucher code
  • You must make your hotel booking with Expedia.co.uk on through the App. Select UK under the "country" link within the information page of the App.
  • Use the App to search for hotels for your desired stay dates, within the travel period given above.
  • During the booking process, on the payment page you will see the link "Enter a coupon or promotion code" where your voucher code needs to be entered.
  • Enter your voucher code, then click the "apply" link. The applicable discount will be subtracted from the price of the travel reservation before the application of any taxes, applicable fees or additional costs.

You rock! Wasn't sure how to access the UK version of the APP. Thank you!

If you've every fancied a stay in a Three-bedroom Treehouse Villa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa then check out these examples in September, October and November.

For a 5-night stay between Tuesday 1st and 6th September it would cost £1,614.05, approx $2,401.
Rack rate would be about $4,090 so saving 41%.

While a 5-night stay between Thursday 1st and 6th October would cost the same at £1,614.05, approx $2,401.
The rack rate for those 5-nights would be $4,945 so saving 51%.

And a 5-night stay between Sunday 1st and 6th November would cost £1,614.05, approx $2,401.
The rack rate for those 5-nights would be $4,600 so saving $2,200 which is a 46% reduction.

Not all dates are available during those 3-months so you'll need to be flexible.

The comparison against renting DVC points for those 5-nights would be between $11.27 to $11.83 per point.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Walt-Disney-World-Area-Hotels-Disneys-Saratoga-Springs-Resort-Spa.h1060794.Hotel-Information?chkin=01/10/2015&chkout=06/10/2015&rm1=a2&hwrqCacheKey=99373169-826e-4f8f-a32d-7805cbe69f79HWRQ1427539276354#rooms-and-rates

Last edited:
If you're looking for a 3-night Columbus weekend stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a standard Club room you can still save over 55% off Disney's rack rate, but need to be quick as this offer could end within the next few days.
2-adults and 2-children.
Check-in: Friday 9th October - Check-out: Monday 12th October
Standard Room Club Level £587.82, approx $875.

Rack rate approx $2,040 therefore saving $1,165 which is a 57% reduction.

https://www.expedia.co.uk/HotelChec...-b06d-40d7-9b6d-c4e672d9dfea&rfrr=placeHolder

Last edited:
If you're looking for a short club level stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge then what about these two options.

2-night Memorial weekend for 2-adults and 2-children.
Check-in: Friday 22th May - Check-out: Sunday 24th May

Standard Room Club Level at £448.84, $665.
Disney's rack rate $1,384 therefore saving $719 which is a 52% reduction.

Or over Thanksgiving c
heck-in either Tuesday or Wednesday for a 3-night stay in a standard room at club level for £601.17, $891.
Disney's rack rate $2,088 therefore saving $1,197 which is a 57% reduction.

But you'll need to be quick as this offer possibly ends 31st March.

Figures approximate and can vary due to currency fluctuation.

Last edited:
Overnight the Expedia room discount ended and most rates increased.

There's still discount on rack rate at a number of resorts but it's much, much lower. And for a few nights over the expensive holiday dates there's still a reasonable room only discount to be found

If we compare the example above in #937 over Thanksgiving, the 3-nights at AKL in Club Level increased from £601.17, ($891) to today's price of £843.99, ($1,248) so it's still saving $840 on Disney's rack rate, which is a 40% reduction.

Whereas the 2-night Memorial weekend at Club level is now only reduced by 32% to $935.

It might be helpful to keep this thread ticking over, so after your vacation why not post a quick update on your UK-Expedia experience both positive or negative.

Anyway, happy planning, have a wonderful and fun vacation and will hopefully be back in 9-months when there's another UK-offer.

All the very best till then,

Samaya

Last edited:
I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this information Samaya! I booked last week and got BC club level mid November for more than half off rack rate. I just checked and today the same dates are up $150 per night. I was a little nervous booking, but everything went off without a hitch. I emailed Expedia and got my Disney confirmation number within 48 hours and linked to MDE with no issues whatsoever. So excited to be staying at BC for the final weekend of F&W! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter