Disney Dinning Plan

Yes, a 15% gratuity is included. However, when we use the plan, I think if the service is very good, I will leave a little extra. Also, if you have beer or wine, which are not covered by the plan, I think it would be necessary to leave a tip on that amount.

Actually 18% gratuity is paid to the server based on the actual total amount of your meal. So when we add that into what we would normally spend on eating, the DDP is a great deal for us.Us consists of Me, DH, DS7 and DD5.
Our last trip to Disney not on the plan and eating a TS, CS and Snack x 4 we spent on average $165 a day plus tips and this did not include dessert with dinner, on the plan we spend $98.Over the course of our trip next week, that is a savings of $402 based on the last reciepts.We got a $389 dollar discount credit after booking and paying for our trip through Disney Visa Special that occured, so our meal plan is only costing us $101.

The DDP is definately worth it..even for couples! For $35.00 per person..you will def. get your $$'s worth. You can even use your CS credits for breakfast at your resort...eat a snack during the day and dine TS at night. My family always uses the DDP...its just such a great deal, especially when eating character meals with 5 people...the bill is always atleast $150.00.

Yes, a 15% gratuity is included. However, when we use the plan, I think if the service is very good, I will leave a little extra. Also, if you have beer or wine, which are not covered by the plan, I think it would be necessary to leave a tip on that amount.

That is an excellent idea!!
I keep thinking about the free food and the tips included and forgot about the alcohol. Thanks for mentioning that so we'll be sure to tip well on the drinks!!

:drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

If you are eating using the DDP are the portions the same? And can you order anything on the menu?? Excluding alcoholic beverages of course!

My husband and I are going at the end of January (no kids) and I've made reservations at the Concourse, 50's Primetime Cafe, and Whispering Canyon...I think the DDP is the way to go. We won't eat 2 apps, 2 entrees and 2 desserts but it'll still be cheaper.

It seems like you don't get enough food during the day and too much at night. I'd like 2 QS a day (1 breakfast and 1 lunch) and then a TS a day but with only 1 app and 1 dessert to share between both of us.....that'd be perfect for us. I know that if my husband and I get to the park at 8:00 a.m. and we don't eat dinner until 7:00 p.m. that 1 QS and 1 snack will not hold us over for 11 hours.

Yes, a 15% gratuity is included. However, when we use the plan, I think if the service is very good, I will leave a little extra.
Actually, the included gratuity is 18%, and yes, it's good manners to leave more if the service was extra good. Tax is also included in the DDP. I'm not sure what that tax rate is (In Florida, hotels and restaurants usually have a "resort tax" that is somewhat higher than the base sales tax, so this might be as high as 11-12%)
Also, if you have beer or wine, which are not covered by the plan, I think it would be necessary to leave a tip on that amount.
If you have alcoholic beverages -- or any other items not include on the DDP -- you will get a separate check which will also include the standard 18% gratuity. That should be clearly shown on the receipt, but some diners miss it. Intentional extra thoughtful tips are appreciated, but don't accidentally double-tip!

Do you have to make reservations or can you make reservations for the table service meal?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter