Disney Dining Plan Calculator

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by MegN529, Feb 4, 2013.

1. MegN529

MegN529 Mouseketeer

I watch a Disney-loving couple's vlog weekly on youtube. A few episodes ago they had shared this DDP calculator. I can't believe the work they put into this. I wanted to share with all of you fellow DISers and I hope this helps!

http://seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jeanieblue114

Jeanieblue114 DIS Veteran

wow
    that's ...wow
    very helpful
    but wow

My husband will appreciate my level of disney obsession now.
    wow

4. mint

mint lovely

I downloaded it a week or so ago and have been testing it out and filling it in with my ADR's as I book for our upcoming trip- my husband and I love it but we are the type to keep spreadsheets for a lot of things LOL. :p

5. MegN529

MegN529 Mouseketeer

I am a spreadsheet kinda person too!

6. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

I think I am lost with that spread sheet- Exactly what does it do?

7. Ima Disnewby

Ima Disnewby Mouseketeer

:eek: mind is blown!! thanks for sharing!!

8. pjew

pjew Mouseketeer

i'm having trouble downloading the spreadsheet. Is anyone else having trouble? Please help:confused3

9. MegN529

MegN529 Mouseketeer

Do you have excel?

10. pjew

pjew Mouseketeer

yes...but it says to log in to download. when i click on the "LOG IN" part it doesn't go nowhere and gives me an error.:sad2:

11. 6disneykids

6disneykids Mouseketeer

It is a fun tool, I have done 4 or 5 different versions of dining, sometimes the choices I enter say DDP is the best $ alternative, sometimes TIW. I think we are going with DDP and 2 meals with TIW. It is easier to send the teenagers off to get their own snacks and CS with the KTTW card that we can track than with cash that may be spent on something non food.
    :rotfl:

12. mommyarewegoingback

mommyarewegoingback DIS Veteran

Wow, this is amazing. This adds to my obsessive planning for WDW trips. :rotfl2: Thank you so much for sharing!

-Virginia

13. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

You input all the restaurants you plan on eating at while you're add Disney (or your best guess)
    The pricing information is stored so it populates your costs with the various dining plans or paying out of pocket.
    The cost is adjusted based on what you input as your eating habit (low, average, high - snacks, desserts etc).

I found it to be very close to what I calculated in my own excel spreadsheet for our upcoming trip, so I can see how it would be a beneficial tool to those who may not want to look up all the cost information for everything themselves, but would like to know if they should do the Dining Plan. Granted, you do have to have a general idea of where you're planning on eating, but I imagine if someone just went in and randomly chose counter service meals, they'd probably get a fairly accurate portrayal.

With 5 TS and 15 CS for 3 adults and 1 toddler, during a 7 night stay, it indicates that due to our eating habits [average cost and getting 1 snack per day and a beverage (other than water) and/or dessert around half the time] we'll likely spend:
    OOP: $1150.92
    QS DDP: $1310.45
    Reg DDP: $1526.29

My own calculations indicated that we'll spend $1041.11 OOP, so I guess our eating habits are somewhere between Low & Average according to their calculations. However, even if I indicate High, we'll still do around $100 better by paying out of pocket.

14. G719

G719 Mouseketeer

I can't get past where it says login/signup. May be the network I am on. Keep getting an error on the page.

15. MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan Mouseketeer

I'm getting an error too.
    Won't let me get past to login/signup

Really wanted to try this!

16. G719

G719 Mouseketeer

Switched to google chrome browser from Internet explorer and it worked.