Disney Dining Plan calculator - Amazing Tool!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by SPHB ILU, Jan 19, 2013.

1. NotThatKevinSmith

NotThatKevinSmith Earning My Ears

Hey all, I just posted an updated version of the Dining Plan Calculator. Updates include Le Cellier new all day menu, some price updates, name change to Monsieur Paul, and some minor bug fixes.

http://www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon and click on Dining Plan Calculator

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Off to get the new one. We added a day to our trip. Need to see how that changes my numbers.

4. NotThatKevinSmith

Any luck? If not, message me on the site and I can email you a copy.

5. mgoodwin

mgoodwin Earning My Ears

No matter how I cut it - it really doesn't make sense for us to do the DDP. The idea of my 2 11 year olds needing an adult plan just does make sense. So OOP for us. This tool is great!

6. celestialred

celestialred Keep the Dr. Pepper flowing or the fluffy bunny bi

This is a great tool you've come up with. However I have a question for you: on the third sheet, the field "Disney's quote for FD stay without dining upgrades," do I enter just the hotel price, hotel + park tickets price, or hotel + park tickets + dining plan? I've put in the price for my package as-is with hotel/tickets/dining and I've also entered in the price with just hotel and park tickets. One way our DDP saves us, the other way it doesn't.

7. Tammy296

Tammy296 DIS Veteran

I cannot login to download this....? need help...

8. olwyngdh

olwyngdh DIS Veteran

I'm having the same problem, all I get is a blank page when I try to download.:sad1:

9. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

Just downloaded the most recent and was able to use :). My initial thoughts are still correct, it is about $200 cheaper for me to just pay out of pocket. Love this tool!!

10. taymorel

taymorel Mouseketeer

I love this spreadsheet. The DDP is only cheaper for us if we eat dessert with every meal and it is only $40 cheaper. I am still debating if that will be too much food for us. I like desserts, but not with every meal.

[​IMG]

11. NotThatKevinSmith

You put in the entire package price. Then it will add up the pieces that go into the package when you do a room only comparison and compare that with the package price of Free dining.

12. goofy78

goofy78 …sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue

I downloaded this last night and it is amazing! But I hope I'm understanding correctly. I thought the instructions said do not put in tickets. Only room price with no discount and then room price with discount and then you put in your park tickets separately. Am I doing this right?

13. ceemys

ceemys DIS Veteran

Says I have to log in or sign up but the link isn't working. Maybe I will need to do it at home and not at work. lol

14. momto2inKC

momto2inKC DIS Veteran

This is awesome! Just downloaded it an am getting ready to start putting info in, thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

15. NotThatKevinSmith

Kinda. One place asks for your "room only" quote from WDW. In that one you don't include anything besides the cost of the room. Then you answer the questions about tickets and it adds them in to the total for you. On the other location though where it asks for a "free dining" quote, you would include the cost of the entire package, room and tickets. That is because you must get tickets with your room to get free dining. The formulas calculated behind the scenes make it compare apples to apples!

16. SPHB ILU

SPHB ILU Earning My Ears

Nope! Make sure to add that in! I'm planning with it today!!!!!

17. Ilovemyprincesses

Ilovemyprincesses DIS Veteran

Wow this makes it so much easier to plan and you can see it all written out.

18. jpessa

jpessa Addicted to Disney

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

19. mommy2_3

mommy2_3 DIS Veteran

it wont let me change the numbers

20. jpessa

jpessa Addicted to Disney

You have to enable editing (top of the screen in the colored bar).

21. Jonathan Swift

Jonathan Swift I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

Wow! This is just what I needed! Even if I use all of my Quick Serve points (and I probably won't), it still doesn't pay for me. I think it's because I reserve three table service restaurants that eat up 2 points each.

EDIT: Can someone provide an example one of these spreadsheets that show the dining plan being more economical than OOP? BTW, I noticed the dining plan rates for this spreadsheet are for off-peak. If you're planning for peak times, take the price difference into account.