Disney Dining Experience?!

2BWEDDNDIS

Disney Bride
My parents just went down to disneyworld in sept. They paid $35 each a day to be on some disney dining plan. They absolutley loved it and said it was well worth the money. I am starting to work on a honeymoon budget and I have heard rumors that disney will soon no longer be doing this, is this true? My dad wasnt real sure how it worked since aaa set him up with it. Does anyone know how i would go about signing up for this or where there is more info on this? I am not an aaa member!
thanks

disney still has the dining plan with the magic your way package through dec 06. however with your wedding room discount you are unable to book the magic your way package & dining plan, unless you pay rack rate & dont use your wedding room discount. to us it wasnt worth it, were savings alot with our wedding room discount at yc concierge & we received annual passes from disney with our contract, so no need for additional tickets, so we bought the disney dining card for $50 (which is available for florida residents & annual pass holders) & gives you 20% off most restaurants at disney & 10-15% off most recreation & tours to give us some savings on food & fun.

twojo21 said:
disney still has the dining plan with the magic your way package through dec 06. however with your wedding room discount you are unable to book the magic your way package & dining plan, unless you pay rack rate & dont use your wedding room discount. to us it wasnt worth it, were savings alot with our wedding room discount at yc concierge & we received annual passes from disney with our contract, so no need for additional tickets, so we bought the disney dining card for $50 (which is available for florida residents & annual pass holders) & gives you 20% off most restaurants at disney & 10-15% off most recreation & tours to give us some savings on food & fun.

Thank you so much for your answer! I was wondering the exact same thing and had sort of come to the same conclusion, but in the back of my mind I wasn't sure if I was missing out on something. Feel much better now!

The Disney Dining EXPERIENCE and the Disney Dining PLAN are two different things. The $35 per person per day plan is the Disney Dining PLAN that can only be added to a nondiscounted "package." It cannot be added to any reservation that has a room discount and doesnt include at least a one-day ticket. However, if you have a rack rate reservation, you can purchase a one-day ticket and this would allow you to add the plan for the entire length of your stay. The dining plan is tied to the # of nights of your resort stay, NOT the length of your ticket.

The Disney Dining EXPERIENCE is a discount card that can be purchased by anyone with an Annual Pass. It was previously only available to Florida Resident passholders but earlier this year was opened up to include ALL PASSHOLDERS regardless of their state of residence. This DDE card saves you 20% on table service meals INCLUDING alcohol for parties up to 10 people. The cost is $50 per year for AP holders, and $75 per year for Florida resident AP holders. It is good for an entire year and is taken at most of the table service restaurants.

So, while brides that book rooms with a discount cannot get the dining plan, you can (if you have an AP)get the DDE card and use that for the discount.

go for the disney dining experience. i used that during my most recent trip and we saved a lot of money. it is worth the $50 if you have an AP or the $75 if you don't have an AP.

Tinkerbella,

Is it available to ALL Florida residents regardless of being an AP holder or not? I wasnt sure. I know it is a new perk for AP holders that arent Florida residents but I wasnt sure if Florida residents had to have an AP to purchase it or not.

tinkerbela said:
go for the disney dining experience. i used that during my most recent trip and we saved a lot of money. it is worth the $50 if you have an AP or the $75 if you don't have an AP.
I totally agree! We bought the DDE card early this year and have taken two short trips since then. We've easily made what we paid for the card back already and we haven't even taken our longer trip yet. It's a wonderful savings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter