Disney debit card is back...

I received mine yesterday, the Castle. princess:

I'm confused now though - isn't it just a debit card attached to my bank account to replace the debit card I already had? :confused3

They also sent me (separately) a thick "Deposit Account Agreement" booklet that I never received with my initial debit card for my account.

Got my adorable vintage Mickey one a couple of days ago! Love it!!

And I almost yet AGAIN blew my DLR trip surprise and almost blurted out to my DS about how I'll get discounts at Disneyland when we go... :rolleyes: I only have two more months, thank goodness!! The look on his face is going to be worth all the biting of my tongue in half, lol.

Back to the debit card, I also received the big "deposit agreement" thing, but didn't read it word for word. I've been with them for a bunch of years, and like you said, this was just replacing my old Mickey debit card.

One perk I wish they offered along with the park perks -- some sort of discount in the ship shops! I know you couldn't actually pay on the spot with your card, but you could maybe just present it for a discount or something. Or they could give the $50 OBC for currently booked cruises. :(

I received mine yesterday, the Castle. princess:

I'm confused now though - isn't it just a debit card attached to my bank account to replace the debit card I already had? :confused3

They also sent me (separately) a thick "Deposit Account Agreement" booklet that I never received with my initial debit card for my account.

That is correct.

Gina said:
Got my adorable vintage Mickey one a couple of days ago! Love it!!

And I almost yet AGAIN blew my DLR trip surprise and almost blurted out to my DS about how I'll get discounts at Disneyland when we go... :rolleyes: I only have two more months, thank goodness!! The look on his face is going to be worth all the biting of my tongue in half, lol.

Back to the debit card, I also received the big "deposit agreement" thing, but didn't read it word for word. I've been with them for a bunch of years, and like you said, this was just replacing my old Mickey debit card.

One perk I wish they offered along with the park perks -- some sort of discount in the ship shops! I know you couldn't actually pay on the spot with your card, but you could maybe just present it for a discount or something. Or they could give the $50 OBC for currently booked cruises. :(

You can pay with your credit card or debit card in the ship shops. We have done this on the dream and the wonder.

I thought about getting the Disney debit card, but it seems silly without the rewards points. I don't anticipate them offering rewards dollars on the debit cards any time soon. They did away with it before because of some new regulations.

If WDW comes out with "Disney Visa Cardholder" discounts, does the debit card count -- or is that the credit card only??

I thought about getting the Disney debit card, but it seems silly without the rewards points. I don't anticipate them offering rewards dollars on the debit cards any time soon. They did away with it before because of some new regulations.

It gives you discounts at Disney and the meet/greet free picture. That's worth it for me! But I keep my Chase account anyway so that I have access to easy cash by ATM while at Disney, if I need it. So I have it, I have a debit card for it...might as well be cute and Disney!

The regulations thing cracks me up; they knew those were coming, and WHEN they were coming, when they began the debit card. It's not a valid excuse.

With the rewards came a fee, so I'm good with discounts given to me for absolutely nothing I wasn't doing before, with a cute card to boot!

If WDW comes out with "Disney Visa Cardholder" discounts, does the debit card count -- or is that the credit card only??

I'm sure they'll specify.

When i tried to do it over the phone, they would have made my current debit card inactive. Which is a pain. But I went to my local branch and once I receive the Disney debit I just have to call my banker and he will activate the Disney debit and deactivate my chase card :) hth!

This is not true the telephone banker gave the wrong info. You can continue to use your current debit card until you receive the Disney one. At which point you will need to either activate at an ATM with your pin or call the 800 #.

Thanks! All the other paperwork made me think maybe there was something different about it!!

By law anytime you change something on your account...add another person, change your debit card ect they have to send you the updated information. You initially got the whole packet of paperwork when you first opened your checking/ saving account. It's disclosures and regulations. Terms and conditions in bank terms:)

Has anyone seen any offers lately for free $ when you sign up for a Chase checking account? I thought about signing up and getting a direct deposit for a vacation fund but I wasn't sure if there were any fees involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter