Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Great update. I am like you...Magic Kingdom is a great place for the last day. Pecos Bill's is a great place in the MK for a burger with lots of fixins.

Love Space Mountain! I can totally understand why John doesn't like to ride it, though.

I like the picture of the moon on Peter Pan! I can see the hidden Mickey!

Mickey's Philharmagic! Can you believe we've never seen it? It was being refurbed last fall, but we're going in August for sure!

Those burgers look good. I love a good fixins' bar!

We told our girls last night about our trip. They are SO excited!

I love Space Mountain as does Hunter. John doesn't mind the ride itself but says the seats do a number on his back.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who sees the hidden Mickey.

Seriously? You haven't seen Mickey's Philarmagic yet? You have GOT to remedy that.

Oh wow! I forgot to look....do you have a pre-trip report going? I can't keep up with anything any more.

Good to see you on here again! A 5. GALLON BUCKET?!? Our neighbors gave us a gallon bag and I thought that was a lot!!!

Yep, a whole 5 gallon bucket! There were sooooo many blueberries!

Love the late night Epcot shenanigans. You gotta have some fun while in the parks. And I'm pretty sure IllumiNations is one of the hardest shows to photograph. Even with my real camera, I have a hard time getting a good shot, so don't feel bad.

I love Illuminations and always try to take pictures. Makes me feel good that it's hard to get good pictures even with a "real camera".

Ugh, I hate when the birds get to the tomatoes. And they always just peck one hole! I mean, if you're going to ruin my food, just be like the squirrels and take the whole dang thing. (Those pesky guys keep sneaking under our wire and snatching berries from their bush. And if it's not them then it's the neighbor's chickens jumping to grab low hanging blackberries.:rotfl2:)

Squirrels are sneaky little boogers!

A 5 gallon bucket of blueberries! That sounds like so much! However, I have to say, I'm a little jealous. Landon's favorite food is blueberries. He eats them every single day. I buy a large package every 5 days for just him, so I was slightly envious when you said you obtained that many. This year, the local hot spot for blueberries was all picked over by the time I got there.

Awww, if the little guy lived close to us, I'd share my blueberries with him!

Take your time Lisa. I understand how life gets in the way and I am really trying to enjoy the summer as much as I can. I try to get on ehre once a day to read at least something ,but some days it just doesn't work. But these boards aren't going anywhere.

Jen, I'm the same way! I try to get over here but work and life just keeps on happenin'.

Just caught up with your report. Sorry about Kona not being so good. Via Napoli looks good.

Thanks for sticking around. Kona was just okay but at least we can say that we have tried it.

We have both breakfast and dinner ADRs at Kona planned.....I'm hoping your experience was a fluke but it'll be good to know if it isn't for future diners!

I hope that your experiences at Kona are better than our's. They weren't horrible...just not that great.

HOly cow, woman, you've been busy! If you want to send some of those bread and butter pickles up to Wisconsin, I'd take them off your hands. :rolleyes1

A 5 gallon bucket of blueberries?!?!?!?!?!? Wow, I got a 5 lb. box and it seems like a ton.

Glad your Mama got her van back and I hope you can find somewhere to take her on a little trip for the weekend.

Come on over woman and I'll share the pickles and blueberries with you.

We haven't figured out where to take her yet.

Hello! I'm new to your TR and am quickly making my way through. I'll have to go catch up on some of your previous ones! :)

Welcome aboard!!!!! It's always wonderful to make new Dis friends.

I thought I was the only one who completely planned all my outfits and accessories by day and then take the list with me to make it easier. I love that you do that, too! It makes me feel like I'm not so crazy... Or that I'm at least in good company! :rotfl2:

Yay! I'm not the only one who is an uber outfit planner! Do you also plan outfits according to the park that you are going to?

DH and I have been going to WDW at least once a year since our honeymoon in 2003. We have been taking our now almost 6 year old son every year since he was 11 months old. He's an only child and is OBSESSED with Disney World and Imagineering. In fact, he wants to be a Disney Imagineer when he grows up. We sometimes wonder if he will still love it as a teenager and still want to go with just mom and dad. You all give me hope that a teen boy who has always loved it will still have fun with just his parents!

Hunter absolutely loves Walt Disney World! The magic and love for Disney has never ever worn off and I hope that it never does. I hope that it's the same for your son.

Looking forward to reading more!!!

I'm hoping to get more posted soon!

Nice start to your MK day!

Love Pecos Bill, but We usually end up at Cosmic Ray's for some reason or another

It's been years since we have eaten at Cosmic Ray's. Don't know why though because it was pretty darn good.

MK is always the best way to spend your last day. I would never wait two hours for a ride either. Love Philharmagic and it was really dead last time I was there as well.

There's no better place to spend the last day than at the Magic Kingdom.

I think that unidentified picture on Space Mountain is right before you go up the first hill ans there is a robot at a console. I'll see if I have a picture of it to compare to!

That's what I was thinking too.

I love Philharmagic too, as does George since it features his favorite character, Donald.

What's not to love about Philarmagic? Love it!

You know I love the fixins at Pecos Bills too! George and I already have been discussing our meals for our April trip and Pecos Bills will be one of the CS will go to!

I can't wait to hear all about your plans!

That is bright!

I haven't been on space mountain in years. Looking at your pics make me think we need to keep skipping in...dh is 6ft 6in.

I love looking at your pictures.
Although the pecos one makes me sad because the took the cheese away.

It's a pretty tight squeeze leg room wise.

I know!!!!! I want the squirty cheese back!

Just found this TR - I have a lot of reading and enjoying to do !

Welcome!!!!! I hope that you'll post often! I love making new Dis friends!

Great update. I am like you...Magic Kingdom is a great place for the last day. Pecos Bill's is a great place in the MK for a burger with lots of fixins.

The food at Pecos Bill's has always been good but add those fixin's and it's great!

Seriously? You haven't seen Mickey's Philarmagic yet? You have GOT to remedy that.

No. I know, shameful. It's happening for sure this trip, though!

Oh wow! I forgot to look....do you have a pre-trip report going? I can't keep up with anything any more.

Not yet. I don't know if I can get one together in the next 3 weeks. I WILL be doing a trip report, though. I'll let you know when I start it!

I know! I know! I have only been in the park .2 seconds and I'm already making a stop.

How much grief did the men give you?

Just look at the line for the mine train would ya! This was right after it had officially opened.

:faint: Looks like Fastpass or bust for me!

The only time that I'll wait two hours for something is if Jesus is standing at the end welcoming me through the Pearly Gates.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Even then, we'd still be asking for a Fastpass.

We stopped at the cart that sold little glass figurines and jewelry and I found a sale!

:eek: Wow! A sale at WDW is more rare than seeing the Mine Train with no line!

I'm glad you were too busy to post because it means I didn't get too far behind while I was visiting my Mom.

Of course the last day has to be MK, no other park will do!

I'm sure someone already gave you the answer but I didn't read all of the comments. That second SM picture is of the astronauts as you go up the first lift hill. You must have snapped it during the ride.

It's almost impossible to get good pictures in PP but I always try. And I totally see the hidden Mickey!

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a sale at WDW! I think I would have had to get something just because it was on sale.

Although it doesn't always work out that way, I love MK being the last park of a trip. Great pictures and so much fun. I do have to say we went to Pecos Bills in May...three strikes and it is out. Do not like it at all.

Mk is the best park for the last day. I am hungry that a fixn's salad sounds really good!!!!

Ok time for me to make a confession her I've never been on Space Mountain at WDW, I'm kind of a chicken when it come to rides like that. I have been on the one at Disneyland a few times.

Please do make sure that you let me know when you've started!

How much grief did the men give you?

They don't give me too much grief 'cause it happens all the time. Our favorite camping spot is about 4 hours away but there's a rest area about an hour away. My bladder always makes me stop...always. They've come to expect it.

:faint: Looks like Fastpass or bust for me!

For real!

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Even then, we'd still be asking for a Fastpass.

That'd be a true golden ticket!

:eek: Wow! A sale at WDW is more rare than seeing the Mine Train with no line!

I have a knack for finding sales! Even at Walt Disney World.

I'm glad you were too busy to post because it means I didn't get too far behind while I was visiting my Mom.

Of course the last day has to be MK, no other park will do!

I'm sure someone already gave you the answer but I didn't read all of the comments. That second SM picture is of the astronauts as you go up the first lift hill. You must have snapped it during the ride.

It's almost impossible to get good pictures in PP but I always try. And I totally see the hidden Mickey!

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a sale at WDW! I think I would have had to get something just because it was on sale.

Hope that you had a great trip with your Mom!

Ahhhh, maybe I did take it while on the ride. I hadn't thought about that possibility.

Yay! I'm not the only one who sees the hidden Mickey!

Although it doesn't always work out that way, I love MK being the last park of a trip. Great pictures and so much fun. I do have to say we went to Pecos Bills in May...three strikes and it is out. Do not like it at all.

Ahh, I hate that Pecos Bill's was bad again. It has always been one of our favorites.

Mk is the best park for the last day. I am hungry that a fixn's salad sounds really good!!!!

I'd love to have a fixin's salad about now too!

Ok time for me to make a confession her I've never been on Space Mountain at WDW, I'm kind of a chicken when it come to rides like that. I have been on the one at Disneyland a few times.

I'm a chicken too so it's okay to say it outloud on my report. I think that the reason that I can handle the big thrill rides at Disney is because most are inside and I can't really see how high I am.

There's a treasure here and I'm going to find it if it's the last thing that I do!

We were in Adventureland and had just finished looking at the sale items that I found (but didn't purchase). What should we do now? I know that Hunter is 17 and John and I are...well...we are on up in years but we are all still big kids. So why not do something that's still relatively new to the Magic Kingdom? We approached the tiny little building that houses the Pirate Adventure...searching thing.. a ma...uh...treasure huntin'....dern it to heck...I don't remember the exact name of what we did. You get a map and you go all around Adventureland and search out hidden pirate booty. (Hehe...I said booty) You answer a few questions on a screen and are given a map:

DSCF7933 (768x1024).jpg

See that octopus thing in Hunter's right hand? When you get to your destination, you put that piece on a certain spot and it starts that portion of the adventure. This is what the map/brochure looks like opened up:

DSCF7934 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7935 (768x1024).jpg

Once you get to your first destination, you place the piece on the spot and listen to the clues which will lead you to the next clue. The picture below is one of our destinations. The "crate" below has an X on it and you place the piece on it. That will start the clue. The skulls moved as we were given the clue.

DSCF7936 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7937 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7938 (1024x768).jpg

There are different adventures available so guests can go on the quest several times without any duplications. At some of the stops, a cannon goes off which surprises both you and the guests around you. Some have smoke that comes out of cauldrons like the one below. It's actually a pretty cool thing to do if you have some extra time on your hands.

DSCF7939 (768x1024).jpg

We went to turn in our map and our piece and the castmember told us that we could keep it as a souvenir. I don't know that they do this every time but I'm certainly not one to turn away anything free at Disney.

I am pretty sure that the next thing that we did was go on Pirates of the Caribbean but I don't have picture proof which doesn't mean much given that I usually have to scrap most Pirates of the Caribbean pictures since they turn out looking like poop. I'm looking through the rest of my pictures though and I can't figure out what we did after that. It looks like we were at the front of the park near the bathrooms because I have these pictures.

DSCF7940 (768x1024).jpg

I do remember it being hot as heck and this guy seemed to agree:

DSCF7941 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7943 (1024x768).jpg

**Up next: Ahhhh, it smells like apples, cinnamon, Christmas and burned buns! Burned buns?

I have seen and heard a lot about that pirate game in adventureland but we just haven't done it yet.

That looks like fun, and I agree that you never turn down a free souvenir at WDW! George loves ducks, and I swear he was more excited seeing all of the ducks then half the attractions :rotfl2:Okay, maybe not really, but he does love ducks! His family rescued and raised them almost his whole life. His parents still do, and send us pictures of the babies regularly! :donald:

I really need to try one of those scavenger hunt games at MK or Epcot! They look like a lot of fun but I've just never taken the time.

We always go to MK our last day too! Love how you had to make a pit stop as soon as you got to the park - you must be like me. My family says I have a bladder the size of a hamster's! My husband won't ride space mountain anymore either - he says he doesn't like that he can't see and feels like it's going to crash into something! Mickey's Philharmonic is one of our favorites too - especially when it is hot!!! We loved Peco Bills the one time we ate there and the fixin bar is great!
searching thing.. a ma...uh...treasure huntin'....dern it to heck...I don't remember the exact name of what we did.
:rotfl2:Well that searching thing a ma ... sounds like fun! I've never heard of it. We want to play the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom this trip, have you guys don't that? We did the Agent P adventure last year in Epcot and it was fun!

Can't wait to hear more about the "burnt buns"!

We didn't try the Pirate's adventure on our last trip. Just couldn't get it all done. It just dawned on me, we aren't going to MK on our next trip.

I have seen and heard a lot about that pirate game in adventureland but we just haven't done it yet.

It's pretty cool if you are looking for something out of the ordinary to do.

That looks like fun, and I agree that you never turn down a free souvenir at WDW! George loves ducks, and I swear he was more excited seeing all of the ducks then half the attractions :rotfl2:Okay, maybe not really, but he does love ducks! His family rescued and raised them almost his whole life. His parents still do, and send us pictures of the babies regularly! :donald:

Funny that George loves the ducks so much. Tell him not to be aware if ya'll ever come down here....most love ducks in a whole different way (as in served on a plate).

I really need to try one of those scavenger hunt games at MK or Epcot! They look like a lot of fun but I've just never taken the time.

The first time we did the pirate adventure, we were chosen to play during a trial run.

We always go to MK our last day too! Love how you had to make a pit stop as soon as you got to the park - you must be like me. My family says I have a bladder the size of a hamster's! My husband won't ride space mountain anymore either - he says he doesn't like that he can't see and feels like it's going to crash into something! Mickey's Philharmonic is one of our favorites too - especially when it is hot!!! We loved Peco Bills the one time we ate there and the fixin bar is great!

:rotfl2:Well that searching thing a ma ... sounds like fun! I've never heard of it. We want to play the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom this trip, have you guys don't that? We did the Agent P adventure last year in Epcot and it was fun!

Can't wait to hear more about the "burnt buns"!

Yep, that's me too. Bladder the size of a pea. Oh poor thing! I can't say that I blame him for skipping out on Space Mountain if it makes he feel that way.

We have never done the Sorcerer's game thing at the Magic Kingdom. We always say that we are going to but forget.

We didn't try the Pirate's adventure on our last trip. Just couldn't get it all done. It just dawned on me, we aren't going to MK on our next trip.

What? Shut ya mouth! No Magic Kingdom?

That pirate game looks fun! My girls would love that. We'll have to look into that in a few weeks!

Darn, I can't remember if dh likes Space Mountain better at WDW or at DL.....and he can't seem to remember either. Looks like he'll be riding with me this trip. Dementia......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter