Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

You get a map and you go all around Adventureland and search out hidden pirate booty. (Hehe...I said booty)

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Never fails to get a laugh.

There are different adventures available so guests can go on the quest several times without any duplications. At some of the stops, a cannon goes off which surprises both you and the guests around you

That sounds really cool!

I don't know that they do this every time but I'm certainly not one to turn away anything free at Disney.

Truth!

I think spending the day at MK is perfect for your last day. How fun!

We love Pecos Bill. The burgers and the fixings are the best. Love John's salad! :rotfl2:

That line for Mine Train is ridiculous! I really like the ride, but there is NOOOOOOO way I would stand in a 2 hour line. :faint:

Lots of fun pictures in your last couple updates. I hate to see this TR end, but I am really looking forward to this year's adventure!

We did the Pirate Adventure the last time we went. My grandson loved it. He especially loved the part where grandmom was standing next to the cannon when it went off. I must have jumped 6 feet in the air.

Hi Lisa! Remember me? :teeth: I've been away from the dis for a year. My computer died last summer and I was working all the time and life got in the way blah blah blah . I'm back and I just got caught up on your whole tr. Obviously I won't comment on everything but I wanted to tell you how happy I am for you that Lacey and Jesse are moving close to you :yay:

So, ya'll know that I write for the Magical DIStractions site as well as on here. My latest article is about the Pirate Adventure. I did have to do a little research so that I'd know what the heck the real name of the experience was. LOL! I wrote it almost in the form of Talk Like A Pirate Day. Hope ya'll will read it on the site and leave a comment: http://*******************.com/a-pirates-adventure-treasures-of-the-seven-seas/

Hey Lisa - hope your week has gone well! I got a little behind on your report. You have been a pickle making fiend! Reminds me of the 'pickle episode' of the Andy Griffith show. :) Our little garden is pretty much dead. We have a severe draught going on, so have trying to water it as best we can with the water restrictions. Our tomatoes sound the same as yours - one little bird peck in each one - we have one of those good for nothin' plastic owls too!
I will have to check out your article at home, the site is bloced at work :badpc:.

We've never tried the Pirate Adventure but will have to check it out next time. Your lunch at Pecos Bill's looks yummy. We will so miss the 'plastic cheese' :sad: -Pecos won't be the same without it. Can't believe you found a sale but didn't buy anything! Your MK day sounds like fun so far - looking forward to hearing the rest.

So, ya'll know that I write for the Magical DIStractions site as well as on here. My latest article is about the Pirate Adventure. I did have to do a little research so that I'd know what the heck the real name of the experience was. LOL! I wrote it almost in the form of Talk Like A Pirate Day. Hope ya'll will read it on the site and leave a comment: http://*******************.com/a-pirates-adventure-treasures-of-the-seven-seas/
read it, loved it and replied! ty Lisa :)

Lisa, that pirate adventure thing sounds like a lot of fun. I'll definitely keep it in mind for any future grandchildren.

Oh my goodness! Im back and Ive missed so much! Time to get caught up! More ideas for our trip! Which I officially was able to book!

I with you I have to start and end my trips with MK. As for Pecos Bill's have tried it once. It was a good experience. I did say I would not hold it against them. It was right at the start of EMH. Long day for us and I am sure a long day for the CM still cooking. I think we were close to a melt down after a long day, and close to end of trip. It is on the list to try again. I can't remember what I have posted. It has been a wild (and not in a great way) summer. So if I haven't said it yet, I am so glad the kids are moving closer to home. Hope Mom is doing well and that you get to take her somewhere.

That pirate game looks fun! My girls would love that. We'll have to look into that in a few weeks!

In a few weeks, I'm so jealous!

Darn, I can't remember if dh likes Space Mountain better at WDW or at DL.....and he can't seem to remember either. Looks like he'll be riding with me this trip. Dementia......

I'm sure that it's hard to compare the two.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Never fails to get a laugh.

Never, ever.

That sounds really cool!

Truth!

I think spending the day at MK is perfect for your last day. How fun!

We love Pecos Bill. The burgers and the fixings are the best. Love John's salad! :rotfl2:

That line for Mine Train is ridiculous! I really like the ride, but there is NOOOOOOO way I would stand in a 2 hour line. :faint:

Lots of fun pictures in your last couple updates. I hate to see this TR end, but I am really looking forward to this year's adventure!

John loves his fixin's salad. Can't let all those goodies go to waste.

Yeah, we won't be riding the Mine Train without a FP+. I have a feeling that it will be quite popular for a while.

We did the Pirate Adventure the last time we went. My grandson loved it. He especially loved the part where grandmom was standing next to the cannon when it went off. I must have jumped 6 feet in the air.

isn't it fun! That's such a funny story! One that will be remembered for a lifetime.

Good to know the pirate adventure thing was great...we will sadly miss POTC this year so that might make up for it with my 7yr old whos pirate nuts.

12 days and counting.

Crap! I forgot to see when you posted. You may be on vacation already!

Hi Lisa! Remember me? :teeth: I've been away from the dis for a year. My computer died last summer and I was working all the time and life got in the way blah blah blah . I'm back and I just got caught up on your whole tr. Obviously I won't comment on everything but I wanted to tell you how happy I am for you that Lacey and Jesse are moving close to you :yay:

Heeeeeeeyyyy! Heck yeah, I remember! So glad to have you back!

Hey Lisa - hope your week has gone well! I got a little behind on your report. You have been a pickle making fiend! Reminds me of the 'pickle episode' of the Andy Griffith show. :) Our little garden is pretty much dead. We have a severe draught going on, so have trying to water it as best we can with the water restrictions. Our tomatoes sound the same as yours - one little bird peck in each one - we have one of those good for nothin' plastic owls too!
I will have to check out your article at home, the site is bloced at work :badpc:.

We've never tried the Pirate Adventure but will have to check it out next time. Your lunch at Pecos Bill's looks yummy. We will so miss the 'plastic cheese' :sad: -Pecos won't be the same without it. Can't believe you found a sale but didn't buy anything! Your MK day sounds like fun so far - looking forward to hearing the rest.

Yes m'am. Making pickles and putting up veggies is a lot of work but well worth it.

I am going to miss the squirty cheese something fierce! It was always so good.

read it, loved it and replied! ty Lisa :)

Thank you bunches!

Lisa, that pirate adventure thing sounds like a lot of fun. I'll definitely keep it in mind for any future grandchildren.

You and I are going to have so much fun taking our grandbabies to Disney!

Oh my goodness! Im back and Ive missed so much! Time to get caught up! More ideas for our trip! Which I officially was able to book!

Woo Hoo for booking the trip!!!!!

I with you I have to start and end my trips with MK. As for Pecos Bill's have tried it once. It was a good experience. I did say I would not hold it against them. It was right at the start of EMH. Long day for us and I am sure a long day for the CM still cooking. I think we were close to a melt down after a long day, and close to end of trip. It is on the list to try again. I can't remember what I have posted. It has been a wild (and not in a great way) summer. So if I haven't said it yet, I am so glad the kids are moving closer to home. Hope Mom is doing well and that you get to take her somewhere.

Oh Lordy, melt downs are the worst! We had one this past trip and at Pecos Bill's too. EEK!

I've been dragging my feet on finishing up this report for a reason....I haven't gotten permission from the other people in the 2015 group to use their pictures yet. They didn't arrive on the vacation scene until a week after we did so there's plenty to write about before I get to their inclusion in the report. I also need to get the pictures organized and I haven't done that yet. As soon as "real" life slows down a little bit, I'll get it done. I promise.

The homefront has been busy busy busy. In addition to working in the garden, we are building a house full of cabinets still. It's been sweltering hot...to the tune of 104...in the shop even late in the evening. Oh well, what ya gonna do when you have a job to get out? Turn on the fans and keep on building.

I do have good news to share! While Lacey didn't get the job at the church, they did call her from the church run school and she got the job! She'll be moving to Louisiana on the 31st of this month. Now we have to find Jesse a job so he can move here too.

I will be back this afternoon with a trip report update. I just have to get some things off my desk before I can get to it. Thanks again to all of you for sticking around!

OH, such good news about Lacey and Jesse! I hope Jesse can find a job quickly so he can join Lacey.

And we leave 1 week from today! I can't wait!

Ahhhh, it smells like apples, cinnamon, Christmas and burned buns! Burned buns?

It looks like we were all over the park on our final day. First, we were in Fantasyland, then we were in Adventureland and Frontierland. From there, we were over on Main Street. Now, we were in Libery Square. Sounds like we were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. (Don't you just love the visual that just popped in your head? Want me to help you get it out? How about this? It's a Small World after all! It's a Small World after all! It's a Small World after all! It's a small small world! )

Anyway, we were in Liberty Square and were headed into the Christmas Store.

DSCF7944 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7945 (1024x768).jpg

Did you know that Disney actually pipes in scents to different areas of the parks? Yep, they sure do. Next time you are in the Christmas store, notice the smell of apples and cinnamon and Christmas. It smells so very good. Every single time we go to Walt Disney World, I say that I am going to buy some Christmas ornaments but I never do. Never. This trip, was going to buy something even if it broke my wallet (which isn't hard to do, I tell ya). I ended up getting three sleeves of small Mickey head shaped ornaments and had them shipped to Package Pickup. While I was making my purchases, John and Hunter were out front snapping pictures.

DSCF7946 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7947 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7948 (1024x768).jpg

Notice the grimaces on their faces? Yeah, well, that's because the black seat sucked up all that Florida sunshine and their buns were burning! Ahh, the smell of apples, cinnamon, Christmas and burned buns! And, even though I knew that the seat was going to be hot as hecka decka, I foolishly posed for a picture too. But, I stayed right on the edge.

DSCF7950 (1024x768).jpg

You can see in this next picture that the cast members were starting to put out the ropes and tape for the 3:00 p.m. parade which starts at, get this, 3:00 p.m. Betcha didn't know that and if you didn't, you could always buy one of those shirts that has Goofy asking what time is the 3 o'clock parade.

DSCF7949 (1024x768).jpg

We stayed in Liberty Square and took a ride on The Haunted Mansion. No pictures because those that I do take are always streaky blobs. This time was no different. As we exited, we stopped at the small little shop that was, at the time, still pretty generically themed. Now, it's Haunted Mansion themed and pretty cool.

DSCF7951 (768x1024).jpg

I didn't even notice the fly on the cup until just now.

DSCF7952 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

I had just splurged on almost $80 worth of Christmas ornaments so I didn't buy anything in the little shop. We made a left and went back into Fantasyland. It was time to use our next Fastpass. We had a bear to see! One of the things that I like about longer trips is the fact that we can see some of the attractions that have such long lines but don't really want to use a FP+ for if it were a shorter trip. We were on our last day at WDW and had seen all of the headliners so I felt it okay to use one for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

DSCF7953 (768x1024).jpg

We were assigned to line numbers 1 and 2. Cute line number markers.

DSCF7954 (1024x768).jpg

Don't step across this yellow line of honey bees.
DSCF7955 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7956 (768x1024).jpg

Uh, I think that smooch was a little off the mark there, John.

DSCF7958 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7959 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7966 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7972 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7973 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• DSCF7962 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7962 (1024x768).jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 0
I love going into the Christmas store for those smells...just lovely. Unfortunately, I have been BANNED from the Christmas store this year. With the move, and no longer having a 9 foot tree, I am not allowed to buy any more ornaments. :(

I had to laugh at John in the sled, and Hunter too.

I'd say John missed that smooch by quite a bit.

I LOVE Pooh bear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter