Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Good to see you on here again! A 5. GALLON BUCKET?!? Our neighbors gave us a gallon bag and I thought that was a lot!!!

Love the late night Epcot shenanigans. You gotta have some fun while in the parks. And I'm pretty sure IllumiNations is one of the hardest shows to photograph. Even with my real camera, I have a hard time getting a good shot, so don't feel bad.

Ugh, I hate when the birds get to the tomatoes. And they always just peck one hole! I mean, if you're going to ruin my food, just be like the squirrels and take the whole dang thing. (Those pesky guys keep sneaking under our wire and snatching berries from their bush. And if it's not them then it's the neighbor's chickens jumping to grab low hanging blackberries.:rotfl2:)

A 5 gallon bucket of blueberries! That sounds like so much! However, I have to say, I'm a little jealous. Landon's favorite food is blueberries. He eats them every single day. I buy a large package every 5 days for just him, so I was slightly envious when you said you obtained that many. This year, the local hot spot for blueberries was all picked over by the time I got there.

Take your time Lisa. I understand how life gets in the way and I am really trying to enjoy the summer as much as I can. I try to get on ehre once a day to read at least something ,but some days it just doesn't work. But these boards aren't going anywhere.

my niece brought me a 5 gallon bucket of blueberries. After washing and picking through the ones that had to be trashed, I had nineteen full gallon bags to freeze.
Have you gotten into the fuzzy math measuring cups, Lisa? How do you start out with 5 gallons of blueberries, but end up with 19 gallon bags?
Can I use that bucket next time we get some shrimp?

(See.. I told you in the other thread I was looking for yours:D)

Have you gotten into the fuzzy math measuring cups, Lisa? How do you start out with 5 gallons of blueberries, but end up with 19 gallon bags?
Can I use that bucket next time we get some shrimp?

(See.. I told you in the other thread I was looking for yours:D)

Oops, that should have been quarts! I had 19 quarts of blueberries....my math skills are clearly lacking.

We have both breakfast and dinner ADRs at Kona planned.....I'm hoping your experience was a fluke but it'll be good to know if it isn't for future diners!

HOly cow, woman, you've been busy! If you want to send some of those bread and butter pickles up to Wisconsin, I'd take them off your hands. :rolleyes1

A 5 gallon bucket of blueberries?!?!?!?!?!? Wow, I got a 5 lb. box and it seems like a ton.

Glad your Mama got her van back and I hope you can find somewhere to take her on a little trip for the weekend.

You guys are a hoot! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

So sad you are saying goodbye to Epcot! At least another trip is only 10 months away... well you've already had one since then. Oh who cares you are going back, right!!:dancer:

Hello! I'm new to your TR and am quickly making my way through. I'll have to go catch up on some of your previous ones! :)

I thought I was the only one who completely planned all my outfits and accessories by day and then take the list with me to make it easier. I love that you do that, too! It makes me feel like I'm not so crazy... Or that I'm at least in good company! :rotfl2:

DH and I have been going to WDW at least once a year since our honeymoon in 2003. We have been taking our now almost 6 year old son every year since he was 11 months old. He's an only child and is OBSESSED with Disney World and Imagineering. In fact, he wants to be a Disney Imagineer when he grows up. We sometimes wonder if he will still love it as a teenager and still want to go with just mom and dad. You all give me hope that a teen boy who has always loved it will still have fun with just his parents!

Looking forward to reading more!!!

Good morning! The bossman hasn't made it in yet and I have a ton of stuff to do this weekend. So, in an effort to keep this trip report moving forward (it's been stuck for a while now), I'm going to post the update and come back later to post replies. Ya'll are the best for sticking with me. While I get the update done (I've already started it), here's my latest article in my Where in the World Can I Find? series. Where in Walt Disney World Can I Find? The Cool Treats Edition!

Mix a little of this and a little of that and ta-da!

Today was the last day of our trip and we were spending it at the Magic Kingdom! Where the heck else would we have spent our last day? Nowhere but there. As I have said many times before, we have learned over the years (and with our trips growing to two weeks), that's it is best for us to take our time in the morning and get to the park after rope drop. Our first Fastpass for the day was from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. The bus stop wasn't full but it was pretty busy and I hoped that didn't mean that everybody and their grandma and her boyfriend weren't going to the Magic Kingdom today. Thankfully, most got on the two other park buses when they arrived leaving just us and a few others. About ten minutes after we got to the stop, a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up, half empty and we were on our way. Woo Hoo!

During the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, we learned the significance of the names on the windows down Main Street and, on our way down the street, I stopped and took this picture:

DSCF7882 (768x1024).jpg

We made a right turn near The Plaza Restaurant and I made my first pit stop of the day. I know! I know! I have only been in the park .2 seconds and I'm already making a stop. The guys were sitting over on the brick ledge waiting on me and I waved them over when I came out:

DSCF7883 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7884 (768x1024).jpg

Now, I'm looking at my itinerary notes and it says that our first Fastpass was from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and it was for Peter Pan's Flight but we are headed towards Tomorrowland. I think I am remembering correctly that I was able to make a change and we were now going to Space Mountain for a rocket ride through space. Well, Hunter and I were. John was sitting this one out. He says that Space Mountain hurts his back but he didn't mind waiting. Wanna see how sunshiney it was that day?

This sunshiney:

DSCF7885 (768x1024).jpg

John said that he would be waiting in the store at the end of Space Mountain and Hunter and I scanned our magic bands and we were in:

DSCF7886 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7887 (768x1024).jpg

Someone had asked what the seats looked like on Space Mountain so I took this picture. I knew that there is not a lot of leg room but looking at this picture makes me realize just how little there is.

DSCF7888 (1024x768).jpg

Hum, this picture is next but I am not sure where this was taken because the picture after that is the Photopass picture and those can be seen right after you get off the ride.

DSCF7889 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7890 (1024x768).jpg

Looks like I tried to take pictures as we were on the moving sidewalk:

DSCF7892 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Mix a little of this and a little of that and ta-da!

We found John in the store just sitting around people watching ('cause ya'll know that's one of our favoritest things to do). I took a picture of this cool thingamajiggie

DSCF7895 (1024x768).jpg

Back during this trip, there was still a small arcade and John and Hunter decided to play some pinball. Well in this picture, John is the only one playing but Hunter did start playing on the other pinball machine.
DSCF7897 (768x1024).jpg

There were also charging strips back then too but I think that they are gone now.

DSCF7898 (1024x768).jpg

Games over, we went back out into the Florida sunshine and started towards the new Fantasyland. Just look at the line for the mine train would ya! This was right after it had officially opened.

DSCF7899 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7900 (1024x768).jpg

The stand-by wait time was something like two hours. No freakin' way! The only time that I'll wait two hours for something is if Jesus is standing at the end welcoming me through the Pearly Gates.

DSCF7901 (768x1024).jpg

While all the people were over at the mine train, all of the strollers were parked here. They really should figure out a way to have covered parking for strollers.

DSCF7902 (1024x768).jpg

It wasn't quite time to use our Fastpass so we ducked into Mickey's Philarmagic where we spotted the same hidden Mickeys that we spotted years before. Look at how empty the line was. I was moving so fast the picture is blurry.

DSCF7903 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7904 (1024x768).jpg

The doors were opening as soon as we got there (thus the no-line situation) and we walked right into the theater.
DSCF7906 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

All of us love Mickey's Philarmagic! I'm talking love love...as in we sing along and look left and then look right....okay, so maybe John doesn't sing outloud like we do but I'm betting he hums. I'll ask him and see if he admits it and then let ya'll know.

Now, we could use our Fastpasses and they were for Peter Pan's Flight. Looking up and then looking right.

DSCF7908 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7909 (768x1024).jpg

Just like with Illuminations, I try to take good pictures, I really really do but this is what you get. But, if you look really closely, you may see what I see (or possibly see)....a hidden Mickey on the bottom right of the green circle. Yep, I'm declaring it a hidden Mickey so that I will at least feel like I got a good picture of somethin'.

DSCF7913 (1024x768).jpg

We had skipped any sort of breakfast or snack this morning and the hunger pains were coming something fierce. We were in need of some good old burgers and fixins! There's only one place that we could think of that would satisfy that need and it was:

DSCF7925 (768x1024).jpg

Yum Yum! Those of you who have read our previous reports know that we get plenty of fixins and they don't go to waste. No siree Bob. If you mix a little of this and a little of that....ta da! You get a fixins salad!

DSCF7926 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7927 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7928 (768x1024).jpg

Before you even ask, yes, he does eat it as is evidenced by this picture:
DSCF7930 (768x1024).jpg

Such a flattering photo of the man that I love.:teeth: Look like one of us had a carrot cake for dessert:

DSCF7931 (1024x768).jpg

Our next Fastpass wasn't until later in the afternoon, so we did a little wandering around. We stopped at the cart that sold little glass figurines and jewelry and I found a sale! I'm telling ya'll the truth...I can sniff out a sale no matter where I am. Yes, it was a sale but I didn't end up buying anything.

DSCF7932 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: There's a treasure here and I'm going to find it if it's the last thing that I do!

Love Space Mountain! I can totally understand why John doesn't like to ride it, though.

I like the picture of the moon on Peter Pan! I can see the hidden Mickey!

Mickey's Philharmagic! Can you believe we've never seen it? It was being refurbed last fall, but we're going in August for sure!

Those burgers look good. I love a good fixins' bar!

We told our girls last night about our trip. They are SO excited!

Nice start to your MK day!

Love Pecos Bill, but We usually end up at Cosmic Ray's for some reason or another

MK is always the best way to spend your last day. I would never wait two hours for a ride either. Love Philharmagic and it was really dead last time I was there as well.

I think that unidentified picture on Space Mountain is right before you go up the first hill ans there is a robot at a console. I'll see if I have a picture of it to compare to!

I love Philharmagic too, as does George since it features his favorite character, Donald.

You know I love the fixins at Pecos Bills too! George and I already have been discussing our meals for our April trip and Pecos Bills will be one of the CS will go to!

That is bright!

I haven't been on space mountain in years. Looking at your pics make me think we need to keep skipping in...dh is 6ft 6in.

I love looking at your pictures.
Although the pecos one makes me sad because the took the cheese away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter