Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Hey Lisa - Just catching up on your trip report (I am way behind...like 2 months behind)!
So sorry you didn't have a great meal at Kona - I know how disappointing it is to get a bad meal when you have high hopes! Loved that you got to go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour - I would love to do this but we have awhile to wait since DD is only 7 or maybe if I ever do an adults only trip!
Love all the pictures of CBR - we are going back there in October and I can't wait until we are back but it is so nice to see the beautiful resort.
Loved your HDDR pictures especially Hunter with his birthday button on his hat...his was definitely not going to be overlooked! Also I want to say that I am so sorry that your son is so shy and would not participate in the festivities!! :rotfl2:So my husband is a talker...I tell him that he has never met a stranger and is like a little old lady so I read him the part about the lady could talk the horns off a rhino and told him that is his new name!
We are going to HDDR for the first time and the food looks amazing. I actually have two reservations - one for the 6:30 show in category 2 and one for the 8:30 show category 1. How bad were the category 2 seats? or was it completely worth the later dinner for the category 1 seats?
Love Epcot and we were able to go on Malestrom one last time before it closed - actually about 4 days prior! We love Japan and have done the pick a pearl once but didn't put it in a setting so I want to try that next time!
We ate at Via Napoli last trip and like your Kona visit, it was not that great - food and service. Of course this may have been because we were soaked from the torrential rain we had just had! We will definitely give it another try.
What exciting news that Lacey and Jesse are moving back. My middle daughter just moved to OK so I feel your pain.
I guess I missed all the drama while in my absence but glad to hear it has died down here on the DISboards - like some of the others, I am in the middle of my first PTR and thought maybe I should just stop until I ready that hopefully the worse is done!
Can't wait to hear about your trip as they are always so great and full of humor!

Hey Lisa - Just catching up on your trip report (I am way behind...like 2 months behind)!
So sorry you didn't have a great meal at Kona - I know how disappointing it is to get a bad meal when you have high hopes! Loved that you got to go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour - I would love to do this but we have awhile to wait since DD is only 7 or maybe if I ever do an adults only trip!
Love all the pictures of CBR - we are going back there in October and I can't wait until we are back but it is so nice to see the beautiful resort.
Loved your HDDR pictures especially Hunter with his birthday button on his hat...his was definitely not going to be overlooked! Also I want to say that I am so sorry that your son is so shy and would not participate in the festivities!! :rotfl2:So my husband is a talker...I tell him that he has never met a stranger and is like a little old lady so I read him the part about the lady could talk the horns off a rhino and told him that is his new name!
We are going to HDDR for the first time and the food looks amazing. I actually have two reservations - one for the 6:30 show in category 2 and one for the 8:30 show category 1. How bad were the category 2 seats? or was it completely worth the later dinner for the category 1 seats?
Love Epcot and we were able to go on Malestrom one last time before it closed - actually about 4 days prior! We love Japan and have done the pick a pearl once but didn't put it in a setting so I want to try that next time!
We ate at Via Napoli last trip and like your Kona visit, it was not that great - food and service. Of course this may have been because we were soaked from the torrential rain we had just had! We will definitely give it another try.
What exciting news that Lacey and Jesse are moving back. My middle daughter just moved to OK so I feel your pain.
I guess I missed all the drama while in my absence but glad to hear it has died down here on the DISboards - like some of the others, I am in the middle of my first PTR and thought maybe I should just stop until I ready that hopefully the worse is done!
Can't wait to hear about your trip as they are always so great and full of humor!

Welcome back!!!!!!! We tried breakfast at Kona and it was just okay so I think that we'll skip Kona for the next few trips.
We loved the Keys to the Kingdom tour! It's definitely something that you should do when your DD is old enough.
Man, I wanna go back to the CBR right now! I'm talking bad as in bad bad bad wanna go back.
Yeah, my poor son. He's so very shy and doesn't like to participate in anything. LOL!
We've been in Category 2 seats before and they weren't too terribly bad. Once, we were at a table in the back and once dead center on the balcony. The performers come out into the crowds and make sure that they make their way around. Having said that, if you can swing the 8:30 show and it not cause any issues, I'd do the 8:30. Both times that we've waited until the later show, we have had a table very close to the stage.
The settings for the pearls are not that expensive. I know that one of mine was about $20.00. Of course, there are some that are expensive but you can get something on the cheap too.
I'm so happy that Lacey and Jesse are moving to Louisiana. Now if we could just find them good jobs.
I missed out on the Dis drama too and I'm glad that I did.
Oooh, you started a pre-trip report? I'm coming over!

Why do I even try? 'Cause I have a trip report to write!

Luigi and the other wait staff had been wonderful and we left a generous tip for them to share. Hopefully, it was split between them all.
DSCF7822 (768x1024).jpg

When we left Via Napoli, it was almost time for Illuminations to begin. Wonder upon wonder, there was a place to stand around the lagoon and we waited for the show to begin. I try to take decent pictures, I really really do but most turn out crappy. Why do I even try? 'Cause I have a trip report to write!

DSCF7826 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7827 (1024x768).jpg DSCF7827 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7828 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7829 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7830 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7832 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7835 (1024x768).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF7825 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7825 (1024x768).jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 0
DSCF7852 (1024x768).jpg DSCF7844 (768x1024).jpg DSCF7860 (1024x768).jpg
DSCF7842 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7839 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7860 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7844 (768x1024).jpg

Yeah, I pretty much just gave up on taking the pictures and just enjoyed the show. One day, I am going to get a big girl camera that takes real pictures.

Attachments

• DSCF7847 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7847 (1024x768).jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF7849 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7849 (1024x768).jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF7850 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7850 (1024x768).jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF7851 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7851 (1024x768).jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 1

Whoa, wait a minute, I found two semi-decent pictures to share:
DSCF7854 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7855 (1024x768).jpg

And the rest are sucky soooo.....

We didn't want to join the thousands of people leaving the park so we found a spot to sit and then people watched. People watching is one of our favorite pasttimes. It's crazy how many different kind of folks that you'll see at Walt Disney World or really in every day life. Lots of different nationalities, shapes, sizes, styles and personalities. Many of those who I am sure came into the park that day with smiling faces had a worn to the bone look on them now. Some were still jolly and happy and some of that could be contributed to the fact that they had either a stein of beer in their hands or a drink. Or, they could have been just like us and happy to be in Epcot.

After the crowds had thinned, we started walking out of World Showcase but had to stop at Mexico for some picture taking opportunities.
DSCF7863 (1024x768).jpg

Those of you who have followed my reports may recall Mama (who was in her late 70s at the time) told us that she could get her leg all the way up on the wall. Don't ask me how that subject even came up but it did and we went with it 'cause that's the kind of weirdo family that we are. Well, Mama couldn't quite get her leg up that high and settled on propping it up on a table. In a tribute to the previous trip, we recreated the scene.
DSCF7866 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7868 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7869 (1024x768).jpg

Enough of that Tomfoolery, look at how cool this is:

DSCF7870 (1024x768).jpg

Give me some sugar:

DSCF7872 (1024x768).jpg

Let's arm wrestle:

DSCF7873 (1024x768).jpg

Continued in next post

By the time that we were done, we looked around and we were pretty much the only people left in World Showcase. Just the three of us and a few other stragglers. It was time, time to leave Epcot for the last time this trip. And we didn't wanna!

DSCF7876 (1024x768).jpg

Sparkly pavement:

DSCF7878 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter "holding" Spaceship Earth

DSCF7880 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7881 (1024x768).jpg

Goodbye Epcot, see you again next trip!

**Up Next: Title to be decided

Great update! You're fireworks pics aren't that horrible. There were several cool shots in there!

LOL about the leg on the ledge. I'm giggling about them at work! Also love the shots with the Mexico mural.

Sad goodbye to Epcot. :( I do love the sparkling pavement, though.

I love doing fun foolish things like that.

Ok can you remind me how to put links in a post. I was trying to the other day and it is not working like it used to on the old site and there must be something different that I am not doing.

Looks like you had a great day at Epcot! Until I got my new DSLR I couldn't take good pictures of the fireworks either. You guys are really funny with your legs on the wall. The sparkling pavement is one of my favorite little things.

Love Epcot! Still haven't seen Illuminations - our first year we saw just a little bit when walking out of the park because I thought we were going later in the week but it never happened! I hope to see it this year - looks awesome. I know the feeling when you are leaving the park for the last time that trip and we like staying until they kick us out! :D
Love the leg pictures - I may have to try this next time and will probably be like your mama and only get it on a table...I'm short and that looks like a tall wall! :rotfl:

Fun finish to your last day at Epcot! I usually give up on pictures at Illuminations too. We actually didn't even get to see it this last trip.

Caught up! We weren't planning on Via Napoli this coming trip because I wanted to do restaurants we haven't done before......but now my mouth is watering for that pizza!

Great update! You're fireworks pics aren't that horrible. There were several cool shots in there!

LOL about the leg on the ledge. I'm giggling about them at work! Also love the shots with the Mexico mural.

Sad goodbye to Epcot. :( I do love the sparkling pavement, though.

There were one or two that weren't half bad but most are crappy.
I love the sparkly pavements at Epcot!

I love doing fun foolish things like that.

Ok can you remind me how to put links in a post. I was trying to the other day and it is not working like it used to on the old site and there must be something different that I am not doing.

We have some really odd/goofy things that we do all in the name of memories.

I know that there is an easier way to do the quotes but I click on the post count in the bottom right, copy the link and then paste it in my index.

You guys are funny with your legs on the wall :rotfl:

We do some crazy things, that's for sure.

Looks like you had a great day at Epcot! Until I got my new DSLR I couldn't take good pictures of the fireworks either. You guys are really funny with your legs on the wall. The sparkling pavement is one of my favorite little things.

When I grow up and am a big girl, I'm gonna get a DSLR. Wonder how long I'll have to wait? LOL

Love Epcot! Still haven't seen Illuminations - our first year we saw just a little bit when walking out of the park because I thought we were going later in the week but it never happened! I hope to see it this year - looks awesome. I know the feeling when you are leaving the park for the last time that trip and we like staying until they kick us out! :D
Love the leg pictures - I may have to try this next time and will probably be like your mama and only get it on a table...I'm short and that looks like a tall wall! :rotfl:

We love Illuminations! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the trip that you get to see them.

Fun finish to your last day at Epcot! I usually give up on pictures at Illuminations too. We actually didn't even get to see it this last trip.

I always always try but they never too out well.

Love the pic of you getting some sugar.

His breath was kind of old and musty though. LOL!

Caught up! We weren't planning on Via Napoli this coming trip because I wanted to do restaurants we haven't done before......but now my mouth is watering for that pizza!

I'm telling ya, if you like good pizza, then Via Napoli is the place to go when at Walt Disney World.

Sorry I've been MIA, I broke my laptop and it's harder to post on my phone! We got George's older PC back running since the laptop is gone and now I can see your pictures and post again!

:banana: for Lacey and Jesse moving to Louisiana! I know you are so very excited for that.

I LOVE Via Napoli! We are planning on going there our next WDW trip, which is sooner than we had planned! We had to change our wedding date as George's sister (who is a teacher) found out she couldn't take any time off next May due to new rules at her school, so we moved the wedding up 1.5 months to the beginning of April since it's kind of important she come! Not only because she is George's sister, but she is also our photographer! Since we couldn't do an Alaskan cruise in April we decided to change our honeymoon to a WDW trip right after the wedding.

I think your Illuminations pictures are good! And the silly pictures are always great :rotfl: Soon you'll be telling us about your Epcot days on your most recent trip! :goodvibes

I am not ignoring ya'll! I was about to start writing the next update and I was looking through the pictures thinking "this can't be all of them" and, after looking through my computer over and over and over again, I found the rest of them.....in four separate folders. Don't know how that happened. Anyway, I'm trying to get them halfway organized so I can get something posted.

On the homefront news, Lacey was in the top three for the job and it went to the intern. It was a major bummer but I can see how they would want to hire someone who was "in house'. They did tell Lacey to keep in touch with them as they may have other positions become available. Who knows, maybe the intern won't like it now that it's a full time job?

Mama finally got her van back! It was all that I could do to keep from hugging the mechanic's greasy neck when we picked it up.

John and I have been trying to think of somewhere that we could take Mama for a day or two. It needs to be pretty close by but there's nothing around here to see that we haven't already. She hasn't traveled anywhere since our trip to Disney two years ago. She didn't go with us to Tennessee last Thanksgiving and didn't go to Disney this trip. I feel bad that she hasn't gotten out to see or do anything. Budget wise, I need to keep it wallet friendly. Plus, it needs to be something "easy" for an 81 year old lady. The heat here is horrendous and she just can't stay out in it long.

I've been sewing like a mad woman lately with orders and trying to get some things in stock for the upcoming holidays.

In addition to sewing and other normal household work, I've been a pickle making fool. Lots of bread n butter pickles, sandwich pickles and red hot cinnamon pickles that take three days to make. John better know that I love him 'cause he's the only one who likes them. The heat got to our cucumbers and we finally pulled all three rows up yesterday. No more pickles after the batch that I have soaking right now. The dang squirrels keep getting in the corn and I caught a glimpse of one little booger running across the yard with a whole corn stalk in his jaw. Our tomatoes are finally starting to ripen but the birds keep pecking a hole in them. Just a single peck. Yeah, and they say that the big plastic owl that we have in the garden is supposed to keep critters away. Only if we pull it off the post and actually throw it at the critters. LOL!

Oh and I forgot the night that my niece brought me a 5 gallon bucket of blueberries. I was washing blueberries until midnight. Do you know how many blueberries there are in a 5 gallon bucket? LOTS! After washing and picking through the ones that had to be trashed, I had nineteen full gallon bags to freeze.

John and I will be starting John's nephew's house cabinets soon. As in probably next week. Just the two of us will be building and entire house full of cabinets. Yeah, we'll be two tired folks but it's family and it's money. Can't turn those two down.

Anyway, I wanted ya'll to know why I haven't posted. I really really do promise that I am going to post. It just may be a day or two.

Last edited:
Absolutely no worries on your absence (although like everyone else, anxiously awaiting your new trip report). As always, you are a busy bee. I didn't even attempt a garden this year. I'm in awe of all the growing and canning you do.

Sorry to hear that Lacey didn't get the job, but it sounds like there was nothing more she could do. You never know what's in store...

:goodvibes:

What a lovely final night at EPCOT!

Your fireworks pictures were just fine, and yes, I totally get that you "have" to do it!

I keep forgetting that with the Fuji camera, you can take a video and snap pictures at the same time. The video usually comes out pretty well for moving fireworks. I'll have to remember this in August. I think we are going up to the DVC lounge at BLT for Wishes one night and then watching Frozen fireworks from outside HS.

You guys are too funny! I love your pictures with the legs up on the wall (what did Mama think of that?) and with the Mexican mural.

:rotfl2:

I try to take decent pictures, I really really do but most turn out crappy.

I know what you mean? We can never seem to get decent photos of Illuminations, either. Doesn't keep us from trying, though.

People watching is one of our favorite pasttimes. It's crazy how many different kind of folks that you'll see at Walt Disney World or really in every day life. Lots of different nationalities, shapes, sizes, styles and personalities.

Were they chanting a lot and wearing the same t-shirts?:rotfl2:

By the time that we were done, we looked around and we were pretty much the only people left in World Showcase. Just the three of us and a few other stragglers.

Awesome! Now let's see if you can stay all night without being noticed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter