Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Hi Lisa! That's exciting that we will be at WDW at the same time! I apologize if this is known info already, but I haven't read through everything yet, but where are you staying? My mom and I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge...it's my first time here, and I'm very excited!

Mom and I did the KTTK tour last year and we loved it. It's funny because the only two complaints we had were the same exact ones you mentioned. Just a tiny bit too long and our food was cold. :rotfl:

CBR is just so pretty! I can't wait to stay there again someday.

I so love the HDDR! The food is wonderful, great show and how can you beat all you can drink sangria!

Reading your post makes me feel lots better. I thought that we were the only ones that though the length of the tour was a little too long.

Loved all your photos and your humorous trip report, as usual. We are thinking of going to CBR next trip. We stayed there years ago. What building do you like best? Don't want to pay for preferred if we don't have to. BTW have a great vaca in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Judy!!!!! If you aren't going to book preferred (we have only done it once when that was all that was available), I'd say request a non-preferred room in Martinique or a room in Jamaica. They are both easy walks.

Oops, got a few updates behind! I'll comment on all 3!

As you know, I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour too and I agree with you about the ending being too slow. It felt like everything else moved along and then at the end I was just standing there while she said the same things over and over. But it certainly didn't spoil it for me!

I have seen all of the CBR stuff, but I'm impressed but how much you got pictures of!!

Hoop Dee Doo is definitely on our list for the next trip, whenever that may be! That food looks so delicious and you got some great pictures!

Oh, and we loved breakfast at Kona, so I wouldn't worry there. Our waiter wasn't the best, but he wasn't horrible either, just sort of inattentive. But the food was delicious!

Hey Steph! That's exactly how we felt, like the tour guide was trying to drag it out a bit to get to the five hour mark.

I'm glad that you liked breakfast at Kona. I've seen pictures of the food and it looks delicious!

Hi Lisa! That's exciting that we will be at WDW at the same time! I apologize if this is known info already, but I haven't read through everything yet, but where are you staying? My mom and I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge...it's my first time here, and I'm very excited!

We'll be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort again!!!!!! The Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous! I can't wait to see how you like it.

DSCF7547 (1024x768).jpg

Do you want to build a rootin' tootin' snowman?

Let's see if the Dis will work for me today. When I left off, we were at the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and our birthday and anniversary were recognized. The cast members did a few songs while they were down on the floor with the guests and then went back onstage for more of the show.

DSCF7541 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7542 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7545 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7547 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7549 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7551 (1024x768).jpg
DSCF7552 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7553 (768x1024).jpg

Ya'll this guy was hilarious! Slap your chunky thigh hilarious! It was time for some napkin twirlin'

DSCF7554 (1024x768).jpg

More show pictures:

DSCF7555 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

More show pictures:

DSCF7556 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7557 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7559 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7561 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7565 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7567 (768x1024).jpg

Hunter and John were laughing like crazy:

DSCF7568 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7569 (768x1024).jpg

While the others were great, the "funny guy" was so comical and totally fit in with the part that he was playing:

DSCF7580 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7577 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

DSCF7583 (1024x768).jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture but it's strawberry shortcake time!

DSCF7585 (1024x768).jpg

Actually, that's only a little bit of the strawberry shortcake. Here's the larger piece that came from:

DSCF7584 (1024x768).jpg

It's time to get some washboard playin' done!

DSCF7592 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter, ever the shy child, decided that he needed to stand up and really play that thang and the people at the tables around us were cheering him on.

DSCF7594 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7596 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7597 (1024x768).jpg

All too soon, it was time for the show to end. Boo! Hiss! If you have never been to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, you need to remedy that and real soon. The show is great! The singers fantastic! And the comedian hilarious!

We waited a little while before heading to the boat dock but there was still a long line. There was a couple and their daughter there who struck up a conversation with us and talked and talked and talked. Now I can talk the horns off of a billy goat but this lady (and her husband and daughter) could talk the horn off a dang rhino. They never shut the heck up the entire time that we stood there. I can talk Disney all day long but after a while they stopped talking about Disney and started talking about other stuff that I can't even remember. I was tuning them out as best I could. Thank goodness there weren't enough seats for them to sit next to us when the boat got there. Lawd have mercy!

We made it back to the Magic Kingdom:

DSCF7606 (1024x768).jpg

We decided to sit back and people watch again and this was our view from the bench that we had sat on before:

DSCF7607 (1024x768).jpg

When I began this update, I realized that I had come to the part in the report that gave the trip report it's name but I never explained it. While on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, our tour guide explained that Disney placed several "visual weinees" in the theme parks. They are designed to please the guests' eyes and draw them further and further and closer and closer in. Cinderella Castle is one of those visual weinees. Well, Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown Gobbled it up!

**Up next: That is not a urinal!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF7600 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF7600 (1024x768).jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 6
I have never been to the Hoop de doo, but after reading your report I think I have to go right away!! It looks like a lot of fun.

Our end of school year trip is coming up as well. According to your trip reports, we have stayed in the same building area as you for the last two years! We will have to find out if it happens again! :)

Your poor, shy, introverted son! :rotfl2: That sounds like so much fun, we will definitely have to do it next time we are in WDW. :goodvibes

visual wienee? That is sort of a strange term for an attention grabber. Go figure.

More great pics from HDDR.

Hunter is really getting into the washboard. I had a blast playing it when I was there. I couldn't stop laughing.

Love, love, love the HDDR! I can't wait to get back there again someday!

:rotfl2:Hunter with the washboard! I think I would have paid to see that.

The talkers! For some reason I always seem to attract those ones. It became a bit of a joke when Jim and I were there in February.

So my ever loving tour guide southerner who can talk the horns off a goat (god you make me laugh!!!)

We are going to do HDDR on out first night and reading your report we plan on the 8:30 show. Now my question (since you left my report high and dry LOL) I plan on driving from HS over to WL. Once we get over to WL i am clueless to where to go?!?! How long do you think we will need for check in?

I have never been to the Hoop de doo, but after reading your report I think I have to go right away!! It looks like a lot of fun.

Our end of school year trip is coming up as well. According to your trip reports, we have stayed in the same building area as you for the last two years! We will have to find out if it happens again! :)

The Hoop Dee Doo is a LOT of fun! I forgot to look at your ticker. When are you going?
Your poor, shy, introverted son! :rotfl2: That sounds like so much fun, we will definitely have to do it next time we are in WDW. :goodvibes

Yes, my poor children. They are so shy in public.

Will do! Please look for me! I'll be wearing the "Happy Birthday Dana" button and the big ole grin!!

I sure will! I'll warn you though....I'm one that can be standing right next to the Pope and I'd never notice. So, give me a shout if I don't notice ya!

visual wienee? That is sort of a strange term for an attention grabber. Go figure.

More great pics from HDDR.

Hunter is really getting into the washboard. I had a blast playing it when I was there. I couldn't stop laughing.

Yeah, I thought that was a little strange. Maybe a carrot but not a weinee. LOL!

Hunter loves to play anything that makes music or a noise so he had a blast on the washboard.

Love, love, love the HDDR! I can't wait to get back there again someday!

:rotfl2:Hunter with the washboard! I think I would have paid to see that.

The talkers! For some reason I always seem to attract those ones. It became a bit of a joke when Jim and I were there in February.

Can you tell that Hunter wants to be a professional musician and actor?

Now I want to book the HDDR again, it looked like you all had lots of fun :)

We had such a good evening at the Hoop.

So my ever loving tour guide southerner who can talk the horns off a goat (god you make me laugh!!!)

We are going to do HDDR on out first night and reading your report we plan on the 8:30 show. Now my question (since you left my report high and dry LOL) I plan on driving from HS over to WL. Once we get over to WL i am clueless to where to go?!?! How long do you think we will need for check in?

I DIDN"T ABANDON YOU! I've been so busy trying to get things done at the office. The boss finally acknowledged that I am leaving soon and is freaking the heck out.

Oh gosh, I have no idea on how to get there when driving. We have always taken the bus or boat. I do know that the parking at Fort Wilderness is super weird and you have to take an internal bus to get to the Hoop. Maybe you could drive to Wilderness Lodge and then take the boat to Fort Wilderness. I would probably allot myself an hour if you are driving. That may be too long but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I've been drag tailing around with this trip report and haven't had time to do a pre-trip report. So, I guess that I'll post my plans here. As I said, this trip is going to be a biggie! The gang will be John, Hunter, myself, Lacey, Jesse, Jesse's mother and father, two brothers, sister-in-law and a two year old little Princess. Jesse's family has never been to Walt Disney World (or any other real tourist destination) and I'm super excited to see how they like it. I'm also a bit nervous because, like I said, they haven't been anywhere touristy. Ya'll know me, I've been planning this trip since before we left the last trip (the one that I'm still writing about) and my 2015 WDW email folder is overloaded with dining confirmations and cancellations. There's still one ADR that I have made that I'm trying to change to a different time but we'll be fine if I have to leave it as it is. The itinerary looks like this:

May 22: John works until 3:30 and I work until Noon. Hunter is out of school so he can help load things into the car and straighten up the house while waiting for John to get off. Drive until around Midnight and find a hotel for the night.

May 23: Drive the rest of the way to Walt Disney World. I need to call the House of Blues ticket office and see what time they close for the eveing. We have brunch tickets that need to be picked up. If we get there in time to go to the box office at Downtown Disney, that's how we'll spend our evening.

May 24: Hunter's birthday!!!!!!! We will be attending the House of Blues Gospel Brunch on his birthday! This is a first for us and I really haven't seen many reviews but we are excited to be giving it a try and to listen to awesome gospel music. After the brunch, we are headed to the Magic Kingdom and then later that eveing, we have dinner at Ohana which was Hunter's choice for his birthday dinner.

May 25: Epcot day Lunch at Beaches & Cream which is a new restaurant for us. Dinner at Via Napoli.

May 26: Typhoon Lagoon day Lunch at either the water park or at the resort. Dinner at Olivia's. Possibly spend time at Disney Quest or Fantasia mini-golf. Anyone have a clue how to get from Olivia's to the Fantasia mini-golf?

May 27: This started out being a totally off day until dinner time. I can't have a true off day though so we are lazing around until after lunch when we go to Epcot for three fastpass choices. Dinner is at the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney.

May 28: Hollywood Studios day with dinner at Sci-Fi.

May 29: Blizzard Beach day Lunch at Blizzard Beach, play a round of mini-golf at Winter Summerland and then dinner at T-Rex at Downtown Disney.

May 30: This is the day that the rest of the gang arrives. They think that they will start their drive on the evening of the 29th and arrive around lunch on the 30th. We have a breakfast reservation at Kona and will be back at the resort when they arrive. Jesse's older brother is the most excited about the trip and I want to see the expression on his face when they get out of their cars. We will all be going to dinner at Boma that evening.

Our plans are to mostly stick together every morning and then splinter off around lunch time. This is their vacation and our vacation and while we want to spend time together, we want to be considerate of one another's time too.

May 31: Epcot day We have two fastpasses together and one separate from the party with the two year old. For lunch, some are going to Akershus. Jesse and his older brother are going to eat counter service in Japan. Lacey is giong to stick with us. The party with the 2 year old may go back to the resort for a break but they aren't sure. The rest of us have dinner rservations at Coral Reef but are sitting at two different tables since we already had our ADR made prior to their deciding to go.

June 1: Hollywood Studios. Again, those with the 2 year old will separate from us for a while. We have Fastpasses for Tower of Terror. We are eating two counter service meals this day since none of the table service restaurants appealed to the rest. We will meet back up again to see Fantasmic.

June 2: This is our off day. Hunter is for sure going to Downtown Disney with some of them so that they can go to Disney Quest. Some may laze around the resort. Not really sure. We will all be gong to the 5:15 luau and then to the Magic Kingdom that evening.

June 3: Animal Kingdom day. Splitting up again and then meeting for lunch. Dinner is at Downtown Disney with all of us having reservations at different restaurants.

June 4: Magic Kingdom day. The plan is to stick together as long as we want. We have dinner reservations at Be Our Guest as does the party with the 2 year old. We will all go together while Lacey and the rest of the bunch go to the Polynesian for dinner at Ohana and Kona.

June 5: Originally, this was the day that everybody but John, Hunter and I would leave. But, for Lacey's birthday, we paid for them to stay one more day/night. While Jesse's family hits the road home, we head to the Magic Kingdom. Lunch is at Be Our Guest and dinner is at the Crystal Palace.

June 6: We leave our home away from home and tell our kiddos goodbye.

Wow your trip is so close! All of your plans sound wonderful.

As for getting from Olivia's to the mini golf :confused3. I believe in order to get to Fantasia mini golf, you need to take a bus to the Swan and Dolphin and then walk from there. So that means a boat to DTD or bus to a theme park to catch a different bus to Swan and Dolphin. I could be wrong though as I've never done it. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along.

I am finally catching up.

I am so glad you guys enjoyed the tour. We really loved it and will probably do it again in a couple of years (we have another thing planned for this year at Epcot and I still want to do the Wild Africa Trek before we go back to the Keys to the Kingdom tour). I was disappointed that we couldn't take pictures, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Going back to the resort for a rest was probably a good idea after all that walking.

We have never done HDDR. Mary and I talked about it for our girls trip, but too expensive when you have two young girls who wouldn't eat enough for just one of their meal costs.

Your plans sound great for your trip.

i love the plans and i am honestly excited to hear all about it. there is nothing better then first trips.. I still remember ours and nothing beats it.. EVER!

I DIDN"T ABANDON YOU! I've been so busy trying to get things done at the office. The boss finally acknowledged that I am leaving soon and is freaking the heck out.

I know... but i will forever give you grief..

Oh gosh, I have no idea on how to get there when driving. We have always taken the bus or boat. I do know that the parking at Fort Wilderness is super weird and you have to take an internal bus to get to the Hoop. Maybe you could drive to Wilderness Lodge and then take the boat to Fort Wilderness. I would probably allot myself an hour if you are driving. That may be too long but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I have to figure this out... somehow.. before monday too..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter