Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

What great updates, Lisa. We were surprised how much we loved our breakfast at Whispering Canyon since we hated dinner so much. We liked that we had a waiter who was very laidback and went with the flow and didn't go overboard. We will definitely be going back.

What a fun morning at the Studios. I love that Hunter took a picture of himself in the store. And I love the Mickey head that the CM made of the picks. Who doesn't love those Muppet characters? :)

WOW!!! This is going to be EPIC!!! Going to Disney with you would be the best i am sure they will enjoy every Minute of it!!!

Love the wilderness lodge. I have yet to eat at whispering canyon but definitely want to. DHS may have less to do than it used to but I still like it. July was my first time riding RnRc and I loved it and it's a must for me now. I also love the muppets area.

Woohoo an extra day with the kids!!! And then add that its a Disney!!!!! Sounds like a great trip in the making.

Loving all the updates. What a nice just hanging out day at the park. I have never done WCC for breakfast but it looks really good.
So glad that Lacey and Jesse are getting to extend their stay. It's going to be a fun trip!!!!!

Great updates ! We stayed at WL one time and thought it was beautiful. To bad it doesn't have the monorail, the boat ride to MK is nice though.

WCC looks so good! I've made an ADR there several times and Keith finds something to replace it with...he just doesn't know! I laughed at you trying to be sly taking pictures...I do the same thing!! LOVE seeing the Streetmosphere characters!!

This guy was so funny. He had a stop/go sign and a whistle. He would turn the sign around and have guests stopping and starting. It was funny!

Amazing what people will do when someone sounds like they have authority.

One of the Fastpasses that I was able to change was our Rock N Rollercoast Fastpasses. Hunter did not want to go and I wasn't about to force him to because we all know as the great parents that we are we would never ever ever make a child go on any attraction that they don't want to. Nooooo, we'd never do that.

:lmao::rotfl2: I know the feeling well!

I told ya'll that he had a heyday with the pictures:

Hunter really, really likes guitars.

Yep, we were going to Muppet Vision 3D! It's one of John's very favorite shows in Walt Disney World. Isn't it funny how something that's nothing super elaborate can become your favorite? The show was as entertaining as always and John laughed like crazy when Miss Piggy went flying through the water on her rumpus.

Nothing wrong with that. The show is hilarious!

I think that these painted backdrops are so well done and look so real!

I think the NY one is more convincing than the SF one.

I have good news to share with ya'll this morning!

Excellent! So glad you'll be able to have the extra time!

I love your story about taking sneaky pictures at Goofy's Candy Company. I'll have to get you one of those watch-cameras or shoe-cameras so you can go undercover more often!

:rotfl:

Wow, I was really behind!!!

I loved your breakfast at WCC and your tour of the Wilderness Lodge. We have never been to either (although we have been to the Grand Californian resort which is a lot like WL. I think the WL is the resort I most want to visit and look around.

Sounds like you had service with just the right amount of foolin' around!

:goodvibes:

I'm so happy to hear the good news about your upcoming trip and the Lacey and Jesse will have a little more Disney with you. What a fun trip that is going to be!!!

You mentioned you played around with your FP and got RnR- did you know you were going to HS, and had FP there, or did you change them around from someplace else?

I like the pictures in the gift shop there. I spent a lot of time there during the last class trip. One kid didn't want to go on, so I waited with him there since it was raining. Couldn't really move around much, though, because I has stuff for 19 other people with me.

The Muppets dump shop looks like it has a lot of cool stuff in there- I haven't really looked around.

:cool1:

Awesome news about Lacey and Jesse! I hope Jesse's family loves it as much as you do.

I'm glad WCC breakfast was good. We are going for dinner, but we've never been before and are excited to try.

WL is beautiful. I can't wait to see it inside.

Love the picture of Hunter with the Streetmosphere guys. That is awesome. What a fun day at Hollywood Studios. Hunter took some great pics in the R n R shop.

I love that John loves the Muppets so much. We love that show too.

That's great you were able to add on extra time for them! I am so excited for our May trip, it can't come soon enough! I'll be sure to jump on your PTR so I'll see if any of our plans cross over!

I hope to get it started soon!

What great updates, Lisa. We were surprised how much we loved our breakfast at Whispering Canyon since we hated dinner so much. We liked that we had a waiter who was very laidback and went with the flow and didn't go overboard. We will definitely be going back.

What a fun morning at the Studios. I love that Hunter took a picture of himself in the store. And I love the Mickey head that the CM made of the picks. Who doesn't love those Muppet characters? :)

I don't like it when the waiters go super overboard at Whispering Canyon and 50s Prime Time. They can make or break a whole meal.

WOW!!! This is going to be EPIC!!! Going to Disney with you would be the best i am sure they will enjoy every Minute of it!!!

I know!!!!!!!!!!!This is going to be a trip of a lifetime!

Love the wilderness lodge. I have yet to eat at whispering canyon but definitely want to. DHS may have less to do than it used to but I still like it. July was my first time riding RnRc and I loved it and it's a must for me now. I also love the muppets area.

First time riding RnRc? It took me a while to ride it and Tower of Terror but now I love it!

Woohoo an extra day with the kids!!! And then add that its a Disney!!!!! Sounds like a great trip in the making.

I was happy that Disney allowed me to add the extra day with the special offer!

Loving all the updates. What a nice just hanging out day at the park. I have never done WCC for breakfast but it looks really good.
So glad that Lacey and Jesse are getting to extend their stay. It's going to be a fun trip!!!!!

Jen, you really should give Whispering Canyon a try. It's really good!

Great updates ! We stayed at WL one time and thought it was beautiful. To bad it doesn't have the monorail, the boat ride to MK is nice though.

Wouldn't it be great if they did extend the monorail loop to the WL?

Great Updates! Sounds like another great family trip is coming up soon!

Thank you! Everybody is so ready to go back!

WCC looks so good! I've made an ADR there several times and Keith finds something to replace it with...he just doesn't know! I laughed at you trying to be sly taking pictures...I do the same thing!! LOVE seeing the Streetmosphere characters!!

I try to be sneaky but just can't seem to do it. Maybe if I kept my big mouth shut and quit drawing attention to myself. LOL!

Amazing what people will do when someone sounds like they have authority.

:lmao::rotfl2: I know the feeling well!

Hunter really, really likes guitars.

REALLY REALLY LIKES 'EM!

Nothing wrong with that. The show is hilarious!

One of John's favorites.

I think the NY one is more convincing than the SF one.

Me too but I like 'em both.

Excellent! So glad you'll be able to have the extra time!

We are all beyond excited!

I love your story about taking sneaky pictures at Goofy's Candy Company. I'll have to get you one of those watch-cameras or shoe-cameras so you can go undercover more often!

:rotfl:

Ooh, I like that idea!

Wow, I was really behind!!!

I loved your breakfast at WCC and your tour of the Wilderness Lodge. We have never been to either (although we have been to the Grand Californian resort which is a lot like WL. I think the WL is the resort I most want to visit and look around.

Sounds like you had service with just the right amount of foolin' around!

:goodvibes:

I'm always behind on everything now-a-days. We loved Whispering Canyon and almost booked it again for our next trip.

I'm so happy to hear the good news about your upcoming trip and the Lacey and Jesse will have a little more Disney with you. What a fun trip that is going to be!!!

You mentioned you played around with your FP and got RnR- did you know you were going to HS, and had FP there, or did you change them around from someplace else?

I like the pictures in the gift shop there. I spent a lot of time there during the last class trip. One kid didn't want to go on, so I waited with him there since it was raining. Couldn't really move around much, though, because I has stuff for 19 other people with me.

The Muppets dump shop looks like it has a lot of cool stuff in there- I haven't really looked around.

:cool1:

We are so excited to see how everybody likes WDW! Jesse's older brother is even more excited than the rest of us. Lacey says that he mentions it every single day.

We knew that we were going to Hollywood Studios and I changed them around while at WCC.

You poor pack mule you. I say that in the nicest of ways.

Awesome news about Lacey and Jesse! I hope Jesse's family loves it as much as you do.

I'm glad WCC breakfast was good. We are going for dinner, but we've never been before and are excited to try.

WL is beautiful. I can't wait to see it inside.

Love the picture of Hunter with the Streetmosphere guys. That is awesome. What a fun day at Hollywood Studios. Hunter took some great pics in the R n R shop.

I love that John loves the Muppets so much. We love that show too.

I hope that they like it too!

Hunter is a natural showman and loves to be chosen to participate.

Seems like every single time that I am on the Dis lately, I'm making apologies for going M.I.A. John's been struggling a bit with his epilepsy and we are anxious to get back to see the neurologist to see what's going on. We feel that it's stress related as lots of new changes have been made at work. John's been asked to kinda sorta fill in as shop foreman but he's still doing all of the cabinet building himself. ALL BY HIMSELF. As in all of the cabinets on the jobs (and they are major...I'm talking new schools, clinics, etc.) that are ongoing. That's a lot for a full crew to knock out and he's doing it by himself. Things are getting better but it's still reeking havoc on his condition.

With the end of the school year closing in, it also means lots of activities such as Prom, ring ceremonies, concerts, etc. Add in church functions and we are bushed!

I could complain all day but I'm not because we are blessed. Really really blessed when compared to many others.

Hopefully, some of ya'll are still around. I sure hope so because I have some installments coming up and soon! As in today and probably tomorrow too.

I'm still here and was so excited to get the alert that you had posted! We're at 39 days out now, and you leave a week before us, so we're all getting so close! In fact I already started to gather toiletries. Can't wait to read about more of your adventures!

I hope everything comes back positive for John. I can't imagine how stressful that must be on him, you, Hunter & the rest of the family. Prayers your way!

That man is on fire! Stop, drop & roll! Stop, drop & roll!

Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show was set to start soon so we started making our way towards the theater. But, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to have Hunter’s picture taken with the Singing in the Rain umbrella first:

DSCF7386 (768x1024).jpg

The castmembers had already started letting people into the holding area for the theater and we didn’t meet up with any crowds until we got to that final holding spot which I believe is underneath the bleachers. After about five minutes, we were allowed to go in and start getting seated.

DSCF7387 (1024x768).jpg

One of the things that I don’t like about the bleacher type theaters is that the cast members are always telling you to move all the way down, to fill in all available space. I get that. Really, I do especially since I know that some dumb bunnies leave space enough for three or four folks to sit in between them and the next guest. But, really? I have to move all the way down until I’m seated almost in the lap of the bearded sweaty guy next to me? Oh wait, that’s John. It’s the person on the other side of John who is almost seated in his lap. I have to move all the way down until I’m seated almost in the lap of the lady holding the little boy who won’t stop kicking the heck out of my leg? Kids can't seem to help themselves but it would be nice if the lady would tell the kid to stop.

I bet that you are wondering what the other things are that I don’t like about bleacher filled theaters. No backs on the bleachers! It’s not like I’m going to a sports arena where I can bring along my own little portable seat thingie that has a back on it.

Anyway, the theater was packed on this day and the castmembers were bound and determined to smoosh in every person that they....I started to say reasonably but that’s not an accurate description...could. In order to pass the time until the show started, I started taking pictures of the set. I had heard that there were hidden Mickeys and I wanted to see if I could find them.

DSCF7388 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7389 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7390 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7391 (768x1024).jpg

I wasn't seeing any Hidden Mickeys until I saw these rocks. In my mind, I see at least two but I always seem to find Hidden Mickeys rocks so who knows if they are really Mickeys or just my imagination.

DSCF7392 (768x1024).jpg

Then, I saw him! Could it be? Is that Mickey or just a run of the mill/generic mouse repairing a chair?

DSCF7393 (1024x768).jpg

The show was about to start!

DSCF7394 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7395 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Even though I'm not a car, sports, vroom vroom, rev it up kinda person, I still enjoy watching the Lights, Motor, Action show. I'm constantly snapping pictures while it's going on and I like to see how they turn out. Some are pretty good and some are not so good. Today's pictures were just so-so. As you can see, we were seated next to a metal post so it somewhat blocked our view but not too badly.

DSCF7399 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7406 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7408 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7410 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7414 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7416 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7421 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7422 (1024x768).jpg

We all know that it's not a true stunt show until something catches fire!

**Continued in next post

We all know that it's not a true stunt show until something catches fire!

DSCF7423 (1024x768).jpg

or someone catches fire! Stop, Drop & Roll! Stop, Drop & Roll!

DSCF7425 (1024x768).jpg

I know that the show is a well oiled and perfectly timed machine, but check out how uninterested the guys in the background look in this next picture:

DSCF7426 (1024x768).jpg

Now they are looking around the prop like "you got this?" to the other guys with the fire extinguishers.

DSCF7427 (1024x768).jpg

The show continued and there was more of the good guy runs from the bad guy scenes and, of course, more explosions and fire:

DSCF7429 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7430 (768x1024).jpg

Yeah, lots of fire! Once the show was over, we stayed put and let some of the other guests leave the theater. It's much easier to navigate the steps when you aren't all jumbled together with tons of other people. We didn't have any real plans for the rest of the day so we just meandered along until we found something that we wanted to do.

**Up next: These little red cards always make me feel special!

Last edited:
Looks like a good show. LMA is one show I have never done because it seems like a hot box in the summer when we typically go. It's also been said to be a one and done type show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter