Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Crush N Gusher looks like fun! That's definitely on my list for a future trip.

Your Wolfgang Puck dinner looked yummy!

Great tour of POR!! We stayed there in 2010 (in the Mansions, our building was Magnolia Terrace). It really is a Beautiful resort!!

Edited to add after I finished reading:

Your breakfast looked good! We have been to Whispering Canyon but only for dinner.

I don't blame Hunter for not wanting to go on RnRC, I have yet to brave that one (I'm not a fan of going upside down)

We saw the Lights, Motors, Action show for the 1st time this past trip. It is a fun show! My DH really liked it. You got some good pictures of the action.

So great that you got Jessie and Lacey that extra day on the special deal. That should be fun with the whole gang there. I like going with newbies to see their reactions to things.

Last edited:
Oh Poor John! I do hope he is doing ok.. my thoughts are prayers are with you guys!!

I’m seated almost in the lap of the bearded sweaty guy next to me? Oh wait, that’s John.

OMG you had me dying!!!!

until I saw these rocks.

I see them!!! I SEE EM!!!! i have a hard time too.. the kids can find them like crazy.

Then, I saw him!

He is adorable there too!!!!!

well oiled and perfectly timed machine,

Didn't they have to shut down this attraction because the fire guy DID get hurt a couple of months back?!?!

the one explosion picture is AWESOME! way to go!

I'm sorry to hear that John has been having issues relating to his epilepsy. It is so hard to see someone you care about so much struggling and knowing that there is only so much you can do to help. I am sending my most positive vibes that he is feeling better and maybe even able to take it a little easier soon.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Light Motors Action is not one of my favorite shows. Since my family doesn't really like to take the time to do any shows, even the good ones, we haven't seen this is quite awhile. Definitely not since Lightning McQueen was added.

There really is no need to squish everyone in so much. :sad2:

dscf7430-768x1024-jpg.89896

This is awesome!!!

:thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear about John's work stress and his epilepsy. I bet your vacation can't come soon enough. ::yes:: Why is it that you are always so busy right before you go away? I hate that feeling.

I love your LMA picutes. I haven't seen the show for quite some time, but it really is a well done show. And you're right - it's not a stunt show until somehting catches on fire or blows up. :rotfl2:

Looks like a good show. LMA is one show I have never done because it seems like a hot box in the summer when we typically go. It's also been said to be a one and done type show.

It definitely can be a hot box in the Summer. At least there was a fan on the metal posts in my picture.

Crush N Gusher looks like fun! That's definitely on my list for a future trip.

Crush N Gusher is a blast!

Your Wolfgang Puck dinner looked yummy!

I'd love to be sitting on the sun porch at Wolfgang Puck Express right now!

Great tour of POR!! We stayed there in 2010 (in the Mansions, our building was Magnolia Terrace). It really is a Beautiful resort!!

It is a gorgeous resort. Wait 'til you hear what John says about it.

Edited to add after I finished reading:

Your breakfast looked good! We have been to Whispering Canyon but only for dinner.
We've been for dinner several times and have always enjoyed it.

I don't blame Hunter for not wanting to go on RnRC, I have yet to brave that one (I'm not a fan of going upside down)

I'm not either but RnRC is funnnnnnn!

We saw the Lights, Motors, Action show for the 1st time this past trip. It is a fun show! My DH really liked it. You got some good pictures of the action.

Even if you aren't a car or a vroom vroom kinda person, the show is still pretty cool.

So great that you got Jessie and Lacey that extra day on the special deal. That should be fun with the whole gang there. I like going with newbies to see their reactions to things.

I'm going to have to let them all know that they will be blasted all over the internet both during and after the trip. LOL!

Oh Poor John! I do hope he is doing ok.. my thoughts are prayers are with you guys!!

Thank you! They are appreciated!

OMG you had me dying!!!!

That's what I'm here for. I'll be here all day!

I see them!!! I SEE EM!!!! i have a hard time too.. the kids can find them like crazy.

I look for them all the time, even when I'm not at Disney.

He is adorable there too!!!!!

Isn't he cute!

Didn't they have to shut down this attraction because the fire guy DID get hurt a couple of months back?!?!

the one explosion picture is AWESOME! way to go!

I didn't hear that. I did see a video of the red car get it's top almost taken off during the part of the show when he flies out of the building.

I'm sorry to hear that John has been having issues relating to his epilepsy. It is so hard to see someone you care about so much struggling and knowing that there is only so much you can do to help. I am sending my most positive vibes that he is feeling better and maybe even able to take it a little easier soon.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

THANK YOU DEE!

Light Motors Action is not one of my favorite shows. Since my family doesn't really like to take the time to do any shows, even the good ones, we haven't seen this is quite awhile. Definitely not since Lightning McQueen was added.

There really is no need to squish everyone in so much. :sad2:

This is awesome!!!

:thumbsup2

It IS tough to sit through a show and not think about what you are missing out on. Had this not been our second day at Hollywood Studios, we may have skipped it this time.

I'm sorry to hear about John's work stress and his epilepsy. I bet your vacation can't come soon enough. ::yes:: Why is it that you are always so busy right before you go away? I hate that feeling.

Even John who usually doesn't get into the vacation countdown is asking how many more days. Poor thing needs a break!

I love your LMA picutes. I haven't seen the show for quite some time, but it really is a well done show. And you're right - it's not a stunt show until somehting catches on fire or blows up. :rotfl2:

We usually see LMA every other trip but will probably catch it again this time just so Jesse's family can see it.

These little red cards always make me feel so special!

I'm looking at my notes and they are saying that we had a Fastpass for Voyage of the Little Mermaid but I don't have any picture proof. However, I do have pictures showing that we went to another attraction. Perhaps we saw it or possibly skipped it?

We left the Lights Motor Action Stunt Show and went to:

P6030968 (1024x768).jpg

The castmember handed me one of these little red cards which always make me feel so special. I know that it's no big deal to get one but still.

P6030969 (1024x768).jpg

I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't have received the special red card if we had a Fastpass but my itinierary shows that we had Fastpasses for Star Tour. Notta clue what the situation was. But, I do know that I took this picture before we went into the building.

P6030970 (1024x768).jpg

And, of course, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a picture of C3PO:

P6030971 (1024x768).jpg

After Star Tous, we wandered around some. I think that John got a coffee and Hunter and I shared a churro and a drink. I remember sitting on a bench and people watching for a while and John talking to somebody on the phone while we sat. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. I don't take notes while on vacation but I do take pictures of almost everything even when walking so that I can remember the things that we did. But, I'm either missing some pictures or....or....or...heck I don't know.

When we were leaving Hollywood Studios we ran into more Streetmosphere actors. They were just finishing up their skit but what we did see what hilarious! We have seen them before and they are one of the more entertaining acts in our opinion. The two guys remind me of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis back in their heyday. They started packing up their things all the while staying in character and we were laughing like crazy. Other people were walking by oblivious to them.

P6030972 (1024x768).jpg

Like this lady:

P6030973 (1024x768).jpg

P6030974 (1024x768).jpg

I can't stress enough how entertaining the Streetmosphere actors and actresses are. If you see them while at Hollywood Studios, take a minute to stop and watch. You'll be glad that you did.

**Up next: A nursing home? Seriously? Oh yeah, a nursing home!

First of all, I hope things get less crazy at work for John and his seizures get under control better! :hug:

LMA seems to get a lot of flack but George and I both enjoy it. It's fun, high paced and you get to see how some stunts are done. And I see your HMs, I never noticed them before!

Those red cards always make me feel special too! :rotfl2:They do give the FP line those red cards too, especially during longer wait times. We got at least one in the FP line our last trip.

I love the Streetmosphere actors, they are definitely hilarious! We watched them a couple of times in December and George loved them too. I'm always amazed at how oblivious some people are though, like that woman in your picture!

I rely on my pictures, too, to figure out what I did in the parks. Did you go on Tower of Terror 'cuz it seems like you are in the Twilight Zone!!! ;)

I agree with PhoenixStrength, think we have gotten the red card in the Fast Pass line before.

For shame- we really haven't watched much of the Streetmosphere players.

:blush:

i cannot agree enough about the performers! those same guys did this whole water check thing last time we were there.. HYSTERICAL!
another reason i just LOVE HS!!!

I thought I was the only one who loved the little red card! The first time we ever got one I had only heard about them but had never seen it in action. Imagine how excited I was to get one at Soarin! We've never done Lights, Motors, Action but maybe this trip if we have some time. Neither of us are big car people so we just have never had any interest, but it does look fun from your pictures!

I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't have received the special red card if we had a Fastpass but my itinierary shows that we had Fastpasses for Star Tour.

Wouldn't be nice if those cards came with a special bonus Fastpass or something?

Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. I don't take notes while on vacation but I do take pictures of almost everything even when walking so that I can remember the things that we did. But, I'm either missing some pictures or....or....or...heck I don't know.

This is the part of the TR where I just make stuff up. Try it, it's fun!:rotfl2:

I can't stress enough how entertaining the Streetmosphere actors and actresses are.

Totally agree 100%!:thumbsup2

Getting caught up everywhere today!

WCC looks like lots of fun for breakfast. I have eaten there for dinner and enjoyed it.

As for the bus taking a long time to come at HS to take you to WL, I was told one time that the buses don't run regularly back to the resorts until after 10 am. If you want to go back before that, a CM needs to see you standing there and call to reroute a bus. Not sure if that is still true but it does seem very hard to catch a bus from a park to a resort before 10 am.

Nothing like a "day off" actually spent in the park! :rotfl: I'm the same way, I just can't stay away for a whole day when I'm there.

Sounds like a fun day at HS so far!

How can someone possibly walk by Streetmosphere acts and not pay attention?!:confused3 Of course you know how we feel about them!!

I'm hoping to get to LMA this trip since I have a feeling it could be one of our last opportunities. It's been a few trips since we have been.

Glad to see some updates...this week is begging for a Disney escape!!:guilty:

All caught up! Been so busy with day to day things, haven't had much time to sign onto the DISboards. No matter, I am up to date now.
I've heard nothing but good things about WCC, and it sounds like your waitress was the perfect combo of "in character" but not over the top. I know for 50's Prime Time, the server really sets the mood for your meal, so if WCC is anything like that, it sounds like you all had a good time.

Huh, no cover for the third bus stop area? It would really stink to have to stand there in an afternoon thunderstorm or in the July heat.

Sounds like a fun day in DHS. The Muppets is a classic. Hard not to enjoy yourself when you're watching the show.

I am not a fan of LMA at all. I only saw it once and it was too slow between scenes for me. Skip loved it though. I won't be sad to see it go, but if we go back before it closes I suppose I should see it one more time.

First of all, I hope things get less crazy at work for John and his seizures get under control better! :hug:

LMA seems to get a lot of flack but George and I both enjoy it. It's fun, high paced and you get to see how some stunts are done. And I see your HMs, I never noticed them before!

Those red cards always make me feel special too! :rotfl2:They do give the FP line those red cards too, especially during longer wait times. We got at least one in the FP line our last trip.

I love the Streetmosphere actors, they are definitely hilarious! We watched them a couple of times in December and George loved them too. I'm always amazed at how oblivious some people are though, like that woman in your picture!

Thanks Stephanie! Things are going to have to get better at John's work. I don't think that they could get any worse.

Was that the first time that you had see LMA?

The woman in the picture had absolutely no idea what was going on around her. She just strolled on by and was talking on her phone.

I rely on my pictures, too, to figure out what I did in the parks. Did you go on Tower of Terror 'cuz it seems like you are in the Twilight Zone!!! ;)

I agree with PhoenixStrength, think we have gotten the red card in the Fast Pass line before.

For shame- we really haven't watched much of the Streetmosphere players.

:blush:

Yeah, that's it! I was in the Twilight Zone!

I know how you feel about the red card they are kind of fun to have and you feel like you have some sort of responsibility.

Makes you feel all special and stuff.

i cannot agree enough about the performers! those same guys did this whole water check thing last time we were there.. HYSTERICAL!
another reason i just LOVE HS!!!

Until about three or four months ago, I had no idea that Hollywood Studios is John's favorite park. He is a man of mystery.

I thought I was the only one who loved the little red card! The first time we ever got one I had only heard about them but had never seen it in action. Imagine how excited I was to get one at Soarin! We've never done Lights, Motors, Action but maybe this trip if we have some time. Neither of us are big car people so we just have never had any interest, but it does look fun from your pictures!

Looks like we have some fellow "happy that I got chosen to hold the red card" ers!

Wouldn't be nice if those cards came with a special bonus Fastpass or something?

Don't I wish!
This is the part of the TR where I just make stuff up. Try it, it's fun!:rotfl2:

Oooh, I hadn't thought about that. Yeah, I'll just make stuff up so that nobody can question my memory.

Totally agree 100%!:thumbsup2

Getting caught up everywhere today!

WCC looks like lots of fun for breakfast. I have eaten there for dinner and enjoyed it.

As for the bus taking a long time to come at HS to take you to WL, I was told one time that the buses don't run regularly back to the resorts until after 10 am. If you want to go back before that, a CM needs to see you standing there and call to reroute a bus. Not sure if that is still true but it does seem very hard to catch a bus from a park to a resort before 10 am.

Nothing like a "day off" actually spent in the park! :rotfl: I'm the same way, I just can't stay away for a whole day when I'm there.

Sounds like a fun day at HS so far!

Yay for being caught up. I can't seem to stay that way lately.

Oh, it's dang true alright! I would have thought that at least a WL bus would have come to drop folks off and we could have caught it though.

How can someone possibly walk by Streetmosphere acts and not pay attention?!:confused3 Of course you know how we feel about them!!

I'm hoping to get to LMA this trip since I have a feeling it could be one of our last opportunities. It's been a few trips since we have been.

Glad to see some updates...this week is begging for a Disney escape!!:guilty:

I always think of you when I see the Streetmosphere actors.

Disney escape?!? You too?

All caught up! Been so busy with day to day things, haven't had much time to sign onto the DISboards. No matter, I am up to date now.
I've heard nothing but good things about WCC, and it sounds like your waitress was the perfect combo of "in character" but not over the top. I know for 50's Prime Time, the server really sets the mood for your meal, so if WCC is anything like that, it sounds like you all had a good time.

Huh, no cover for the third bus stop area? It would really stink to have to stand there in an afternoon thunderstorm or in the July heat.

Sounds like a fun day in DHS. The Muppets is a classic. Hard not to enjoy yourself when you're watching the show.

You have two very good reasons to be behind. You have one sweet little boy and a tiny something in the oven.

Wouldn't it though!?! I don't know why they didnt' cover that last stop.

I am not a fan of LMA at all. I only saw it once and it was too slow between scenes for me. Skip loved it though. I won't be sad to see it go, but if we go back before it closes I suppose I should see it one more time.

I'm not one that has to see LMA but if we are close-by and we have the time, I'll go for it.

It's been a while since I've posted links to the most recent articles that I have written on the Magical DIStractions site. I'd love it if ya'll would read the articles and then make a comment on the website. I'd like the site to know that I'm worth keeping around so the more views and comments on my articles, the better. Plus, when I apply for the Disney Mom's Panel again, it would be pretty neat to be able to show them the articles with all the comments. Sooooooo....please, please, pretty please take a minute to read them and post on the site itself. :flower3:

Eat, Love, Live (WELL) at Wolfgang Puck Express: http://*******************.com/eat-love-live-well-wolfgang-puck-express/

Living with the Land: Disney Showcases It's Green Thumb: http://*******************.com/living-land-disney-showcases-green-thumb/

Typhoon Lagoon: A water park worth that's worth gushin' about: http://*******************.com/typhoon-lagoon-water-park-thats-worth-gushin/

Look in the Shadows for a Retro, Custom and Affordable Souvenir: http://*******************.com/souvenir-will-last-lifetime-wont-break-bank/

What ARE Hidden Mickeys and Where do I find them? http://*******************.com/what-is-a-hidden-mickey-and-where-do-i-find-them/

Showing Our #DisneySide at a Storybook Circus: http://*******************.com/showing-disneyside-storybook-circus/

Starting this week, I am writing a series of articles for the site as well. I'm super stoked about it as I think that it will be very helpful for those going to Walt Disney World. I'll let ya'll know when it posts. Keeping mum on the details until they start posting.

If you play around on the site, you may see my hand dandy work and not even know it. I've reworked all of the value resort and moderate resort information pages. I'm about to rework the Fort Wilderness page again to include more campsite information. If ya'll have any pictures of the campsite portion of the area or even the grounds of Fort Wilderness, the restaurants, etc., feel free to send them my way. I'll give you photo credit if they are used. Right now, we are in need of photos of all sorts of things like:1) pictures of food at all counter service and table service retaurants, snacks and drinks; 2) resort room pictures; 3) detail pictures like those that Dee and I take at the resorts; 4) Etc. Etc. Etc. If ya'll want to send me pictures, I'll be glad to submit them to the site. You'd get full photo credit.

Also, if you read the other articles, you may just see some familiar faces. When an author is in need of pictures, they sometimes ask me if I know of any Dis friends who have pictures that they'd like to share. Several have submitted photos and they were used! There are a couple of former active Disers on the site as well.

Oh and I'm working on an update to this report as we speak, type, read, you know what I mean. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter