Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

PHEW!!! I was :eek: when I read that you couldn't find your memory cards! So glad it only took you an hour of anguish to locate them (yes, I checked your time)

Loving your great information and description of Typhoon Lagoon. CrushNGusher is really fantastic! Atlantis in the Bahamas has a "water coaster" like that.

What do you think about the photo op in the shark's mouth being right in front of the rest rooms? I wouldn't want to be photobombing a picture after I made a pit stop!

Lunch looked pretty good and :cheer2:for free cupcakes. I don't even like cupcakes very much, but I would have to eat mine because it was free and I'm frugal, not stupid!

:rotfl:

I love Typhoon Lagoon. Glad you all decided to visit. It's a great place to cool off, get some thrills, and relax. I know my kids will be hitting up one of the water parks this summer. I wouldn't mind going myself.

Glad you found your memory card! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Mary Ellen, you've got to get over to Typhoon Lagoon too! You can't let the kids have all the fun.

Lunch looked tasty. Sounds like you and Hunter were having a blast! The Crush'n'Gusher sounds like a lot of fun.

Crush N Gusher is FUN!!!!!

Love it! want to see the PP of you guys!!!!

I'll be posting them, I promise!

What?!?!? Hunter didn't order Pizza? I think I need to rethink my whole life now. :rotfl2:The fish sure does look yummy.

Free Cupcakes! I'd take that deal any day.

Crush N Gusher sounds like a lot of fun!

Hunter does venture out with his food choices every once in a while but the kid loves pizza.

Your lunch looks very good and there is nothing wrong with free. They will try to make everything frozen tho.

Crush n Gusher looks like a lot of fun, we in Wisconsin have something similar at Noah's Ark called the anaconda.

Heck, if it's free, I'm taking it! Anaconda? I'd be afraid to get on something with that name. EEK!

Glad you found your memory cards.. I am trying to make a habit now of loading all pictures to my computer immediately when I get home and then making a back up CD too because i fear issues like that as well.

I usually do that but have been so busy since we got home that I haven't done it. And, it's almost a year later.

I bring a laptop with me on vacation and copy the files every day. If I have enough time I also look them over too. Once I get home I then copy them to a external hard drive as a backup.

That's what I used to do but I haven't had time to do it.

Hi there!! Just found your report and am enjoying hearing about your trip!! Loved TL a few years ago when we went...would love to go back now that our kids are a bit older because last time they were too chicken for a lot of the rides lol

Welcome!!!!! I'm so glad that you are here and I hope that you'll post often! I'm usually a chicken butt when it comes to thrill rides but I love Typhoon Lagoon.

Glad you found your memory cards. I think we can all say that would have been a sad thing to lose. Disney pictures, especially for Trip Report writers, are like gold!

Free cupcakes...who would say no to that? Even if they are just your basic cupcakes, free tastes better than nothing!

Okay, Crush N Gusher sounds like so much fun. I used to tell myself I'd wait until my kids are older to visit the Disney water parks, but reading about your Typhoon Lagoon day really makes me want to plan a down day there! It all sounds like a great time.

I am usually not so goosy loosy when it comes to keeping up with my memory cards. Don't know what's up with me lately other than fighting off the flu and Springtime pollen eating my eyes alive.

Free tastes amazing!

That Crush n' Gusher photo is making me want to stop by Typhoon Lagoon! Ah, if only we had one more day...if we hadn't booked our flights I would totally add it on!

That's what Lacey said...if we just had one more day!

PHEW!!! I was :eek: when I read that you couldn't find your memory cards! So glad it only took you an hour of anguish to locate them (yes, I checked your time)

Loving your great information and description of Typhoon Lagoon. CrushNGusher is really fantastic! Atlantis in the Bahamas has a "water coaster" like that.

What do you think about the photo op in the shark's mouth being right in front of the rest rooms? I wouldn't want to be photobombing a picture after I made a pit stop!

Lunch looked pretty good and :cheer2:for free cupcakes. I don't even like cupcakes very much, but I would have to eat mine because it was free and I'm frugal, not stupid!

:rotfl:

I am usually pretty good about keeping up with my memory cards. Don't know what was going on with me that day.

More of CrushNGusher is comin' up!

We said that same thing about the bathroom and shark mouth being in the same picture. Who wants a photobomb like that?

John doesn't like cupcakese at all. Says they are too hard to eat? but, he sure did gobble up the free one that they gave us. LOL!

yeah same here except my portable hard drive makes the trip with me.

I usually take my laptop and upload them but didn't do that this time. Too lazy I guess.

Did somebody say free? I'll take free any day! Oh it's frozen? Part 3

If we did things the old school way, we'd have let our food settle before we went on any more "thrill" rides but we aren't known for doing things like regular folks. During our lunch, Hunter and I were able to talk John into going on Crush N Gusher with us. I've said it before but I'll say it again....John and tube rides don't mix. He usually does pretty good going down but it's when he hits the water at the end that he flubs up. He won't continue sitting up straight. He automatically leans to one side and dumps himself under water. Every. Single. Time. Every single time. Everysingletime. Did I mention that he dumps out every single time? :p In his defense, with epilepsy, a person can sometimes get/walk a little lopsided and not even know it. Not stumbly or anything just lopsided. Lopsided enough that they fall off an innertube. :rolleyes:

We picked up an innertube for three and made the trek up the stairs. When we got to the top, the castmember let us get into the tube in any order that we wanted. I believe that I was in the front. John was in the middle and Hunter was in the back. Or I could have been in the back. Just remember, John was in the middle. So, we get the green light and down we go! We are all hootin' and hollerin' and having THE beset time. When we could see a bit of light shining on the side of the tube, we knew that we were about to hit the pool at the end. Hunter and I yelled to John to remember to sit up straight and he did. We glided to a stop, flipped over the side and we were all good. Good enough that John was ready to go again.

We had to loop back around to the line which had grown a little but was still short, grabbed our tube for three and were off again! This time, however, the castmember (a different one) told John that he had to sit on the back. Oh no! John sitting in the back was going to be a recipe for disaster. I just knew that it was. About halfway down the Crush N Gusher shoot, I hear John utter an ugly word. Then, he uttered it again. Not screaming it, just muttering it but I could hear him. He felt like he was going to slip off backwards and it was stressing him the heck out. So much so that when we hit the water, we all flipped off. Poor thing, he felt bad that he dunked us all but he just couldn't help himself. Ahhh, the life of an epilepsy warrior and their family!

Needless to say, John was done with Crush N Gusher. Hunter and I went down one more time but then decided that it was time for some more exploring. John was happy as a clam just lazing around on the lounger and told us to do whatever we wanted. He'd be in the same place when we got done. I grabbed the waterproof camera and Hunter and I set off to see what else there was to do. I took a few pictures as we walked.
P6020900 (768x1024).jpg

P6020901 (768x1024).jpg

No way was I going to get into the wave pool. My experience with wave pools is much like John's experiences with tubes. We don't like one another.

P6020902 (768x1024).jpg

P6020904 (768x1024).jpg

P6020905 (768x1024).jpg

I am wondering if maybe Hunter and I made a loop around or something because now that I'm looking at this picture, I am remembering that Typhoon Tilly's is one of the two eateries that we had to choose from for lunch. Hum?

P6020906 (1024x768).jpg

At any rate, we finally found something that looked like something we would want to do next. The lazy river:

P6020907 (768x1024).jpg

P6020909 (768x1024).jpg

See the bracelets hanging from my wrist? Those were given to us by Photopass photographers when we rode Crush N Gusher upteen times. At this point, Hunter and I were still floating along together. Hunter spotted this blue guy on the bridge that we were about to go under. Sorry for the water spots.

P6020911 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Did somebody say free? I'll take free any day! Oh it's frozen? Part 3

P6020912 (768x1024).jpg

Pretty cool to see Stitch at Typhoon Lagoon!

P6020913 (1024x768).jpg

P6020915 (1024x768).jpg

I believe that we were about to go through some sort of squirting water feature because Hunter grabbed this tube that was freely floating and was going to use it as a shield. Yes, I know that it's a water park and we were already wet but squirting water is always cold!

P6020916 (768x1024).jpg

More pictures as we floated along:
P6020917 (768x1024).jpg

Well, I said "more pictures" but I guess that's the last one that I took while we drifted along in the water. We made a complete loop around the river before getting out. We met back up with John who agreed to go down some of the body slides with us. Instead of taking the camera with me, I tucked it underneath the rest of our things. We have done this before and nothing has ever been taken so I felt sure that it would be okay (and it was....thus the pictures). After three or four zips down the slides, we were all getting fairly worn out. After all, we had arrived around water park opening, had gone down the family raft ride, Keelhaul and Mayday Falls several times, the body slides multiple times and Crush N Gusher more than a half dozen times. We needed some time to recoup before we spent our evening at Downtown Disney and possibly Disney Quest again.

We retrieved our things from the locker and changed into our dry clothes in the changing rooms. When I turned in the key to the locker, I was given the option of getting my deposit back or receiving a Typhoon Lagoon cinchbag. Normally, I would have gone with the deposit especially since I make and sell my own backsacks. But, I figured, what the heck, I'd get the bag.

I'm not looking at my Photopass pictures yet (failed to post them in the first three or four updates and decided to post them all at the end) but I think that there was a photographer near the entrance/exit. Somebody was there to take this picture:

P6020920 (1024x768).jpg

We made uor way to the bus stop and were the only ones there. Wanna know what bus stop to go to if you are at Typhoon Lagoon and heading back to Caribbean Beach or Fort Wilderness?

P6020921 (768x1024).jpg

Two more families joined us soon after we got to the stop and a bus came in about ten minutes. It was mid-afternoon by this time and there weren't many people on the bus with us. In no time at all, were back at the resort and ready to rest up for a while. We had a wild evening ahead of us!

**Up next: Ain't gotta clue....have to look at my pictures first. :rotfl:

*Oh and if you get a minute, I'd love for ya'll to read my latest articles. If you do, please take a minute and comment on the site pretty please!
Look in the Shadows for a Retro, Custom and Affordable Souvenir

What ARE Hidden Mickeys and Where Do I Find Them?

Looks like a fun day at typhoon lagoon! That's weird that one CM told you, you could sit however you wanted and then the other said John had to sit in the back. It's cool that stitch was on the bridge while you were on the lazy river.

Looks like a fun day at typhoon lagoon! That's weird that one CM told you, you could sit however you wanted and then the other said John had to sit in the back. It's cool that stitch was on the bridge while you were on the lazy river.

We had a great time at the water park and are looking forward to going back again this trip. I have no idea why one cm let John sit in the middle but another made him sit in the back. It was cool to see Stitch waving at us from the bridge!

I just discovered that if you aren't signed in the pictures are tinintsy! I went through the update very fast because I couldn't see anything in the pictures, and then when I went to post I discovered I wasn't still signed in for some reason. Well lo and behold, there came the pictures! And I haven't gotten an update email in weeks. BOO HISS!!
Anyway, the update was fun. I really enjoy the waterparks also. I used to ride every single slide!
Hope you are all well and feeling good again, even with all the pollen floating around. Be sure to post a prom picture of Hunter when the time comes. I am enjoying your posts in Magical Distractions also.

Great end to your time at TL. You really didn't waste anytime with the rides. I like that you closed out with the lazy river and that you had a water proof camera to take pics. :thumbsup2

I have some non-expiring water park tickets that I finally had changed to the right media, so I think I'll be sending my kids there this summer. It's a great way to spend the day during the hot summer heat.

Every time? I just want to make sure i read it correctly.. :D

the poor guy! Sorry he sat in the back, maybe if the CM knew the situation he would let him sit in the middle?? When i was reading it i was fearful he was having an episode.. Thankfully that wasn't the case!

Seeing stitch! that's cool!!!! love me some stitch! Your whole TL day looks amazing can't wait to read about what trouble you all cause in DTD!

Sounds like a nice way to finish off the day at TL. Well maybe other than John freaking out on Crush N Gusher.

I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to get in the wave pool. I've read way too many stories of people getting injured in them!

Stitch! So cool that you guys got to see him.

Wave pools, ugh. I actually have a scar from a mishap in the Blizzard Beach one.

Sounds like a fun and pretty relaxing day! I feel like our days at the water parks are hit or miss...sometimes we can spend hours, other times we do the slides once and we're ready to go:confused3 I guess it just depends on the mood.

Looking forward to the next update! Meanwhile I'm headed over to read your articles :thumbsup2

I'm not very good with water parks either. I seem to be the most ungraceful person getting on and off tubes. And I tend to dunk myself too. I am with you on the cold squirting water too. I don't need to be squirted at all!

Fun update. And I'd be lounging with John. No Gusher whatever for me. But I'd love to join you for the lunch...it looks quite tasty.

Does the TL wave pool still make that awful THUD and you just know the tidal wave is coming to kill you? As I've mentioned before, horrible experience in that things...still get the shudder when I think of it! I find the BB one MUCH calmer and nicer, just gentle bobbing swells. You had such a great day at TL! Can't wait to see what is up next. I'm so anxious over here being 59 days out today!

Also, I may have asked before but I forget - where did you get your waterproof camera? I definitely need one before my trip!

I just discovered that if you aren't signed in the pictures are tinintsy! I went through the update very fast because I couldn't see anything in the pictures, and then when I went to post I discovered I wasn't still signed in for some reason. Well lo and behold, there came the pictures! And I haven't gotten an update email in weeks. BOO HISS!!
Anyway, the update was fun. I really enjoy the waterparks also. I used to ride every single slide!
Hope you are all well and feeling good again, even with all the pollen floating around. Be sure to post a prom picture of Hunter when the time comes. I am enjoying your posts in Magical Distractions also.

One of my friends who isn't on the Dis any more said that same thing about the pictures. It's weird! I used to get emails every day too but no more. It's frustrating!

You know about that pollen don't ya!?! Everything is yellow right now.

Thanks for the Magical DIStractions comment. I'm having fun on the site and am involved behind the scenes too.

Great end to your time at TL. You really didn't waste anytime with the rides. I like that you closed out with the lazy river and that you had a water proof camera to take pics. :thumbsup2

I have some non-expiring water park tickets that I finally had changed to the right media, so I think I'll be sending my kids there this summer. It's a great way to spend the day during the hot summer heat.

I agree. Typhoon Lagoon will be a great way to spend your day!

Every time? I just want to make sure i read it correctly.. :D

the poor guy! Sorry he sat in the back, maybe if the CM knew the situation he would let him sit in the middle?? When i was reading it i was fearful he was having an episode.. Thankfully that wasn't the case!

Seeing stitch! that's cool!!!! love me some stitch! Your whole TL day looks amazing can't wait to read about what trouble you all cause in DTD!

Yep, everysingletime. LOL!

Sounds like a nice way to finish off the day at TL. Well maybe other than John freaking out on Crush N Gusher.

I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to get in the wave pool. I've read way too many stories of people getting injured in them!

Stitch! So cool that you guys got to see him.

I'm not getting in a wave pool, no way, no how!

Wave pools, ugh. I actually have a scar from a mishap in the Blizzard Beach one.

Sounds like a fun and pretty relaxing day! I feel like our days at the water parks are hit or miss...sometimes we can spend hours, other times we do the slides once and we're ready to go:confused3 I guess it just depends on the mood.

Looking forward to the next update! Meanwhile I'm headed over to read your articles :thumbsup2

We saw at guy at either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon who had a huge bloody mark down his back and on his leg after he got out of the wave pool. Yikes!

I'm not very good with water parks either. I seem to be the most ungraceful person getting on and off tubes. And I tend to dunk myself too. I am with you on the cold squirting water too. I don't need to be squirted at all!

Girl, you know how graceful I am. I'm NOT!

Fun update. And I'd be lounging with John. No Gusher whatever for me. But I'd love to join you for the lunch...it looks quite tasty.

You and John would be perfectly content to just lay there on the lounge chair and do nothin'.

Does the TL wave pool still make that awful THUD and you just know the tidal wave is coming to kill you? As I've mentioned before, horrible experience in that things...still get the shudder when I think of it! I find the BB one MUCH calmer and nicer, just gentle bobbing swells. You had such a great day at TL! Can't wait to see what is up next. I'm so anxious over here being 59 days out today!

Also, I may have asked before but I forget - where did you get your waterproof camera? I definitely need one before my trip!

Yes, it does still make that thud noise! Bam! 59 days! Woo hoo!

I bought the waterproof camera at Sam's. It's a Fugi and was recommended by Dee here on the Dis.

You aint' just whistlin' Dixie! Landings that is! Swimming Pools! Movie Stars!

Now that I'm looking at my pictures, I am remembering that we cancelled the Rainforest Cafe reservation (the reference to "wild" time) and replaced it with Kona on another day. I can't remember why I did this. I'm thinking that it had something to do with Splitsville reservations and realizing on an earlier trip to DTD that we wanted to change that and then having to give up Rainforest Cafe. My mind is fuzzy on the details right now.

Anyway, we had a bit of down time at the resort before we had to get ready for our evening. I had pictures on my phone that I took but I dropped my phone during the Mardi Gras parade and didn't have them uploaded to my computer. Yes, I know, dumb move on my part. No need to say it. :sad2:

When it was time to start getting ready to go out for the evening, I was first in line. While the guys were getting ready, I went outside to call Mama and check in at home. I found a nice shady bench on the promenade and had a lovely view during my chat. When I was done, I called the room to see if the guys were ready yet. They were not quite done. So, I walked through the island and stopped to take pictures of the playground to share on the CBR info page.

P6020922 (1024x768).jpg

P6020923 (1024x768).jpg

P6020925 (768x1024).jpg

P6020926 (768x1024).jpg

And a picture of one of the sitting areas on the island:

P6020924 (768x1024).jpg

I turned back around and went to our room where the guys were done and ready to head to Downtown Disney for the night. When we arrived at Downtown Disney, we were unsure if we were going to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich. One look at the Earl of Sandwich line told us that we'd be dining at Wolfgang Puck Express which was fine by us since it's one of our favorites. We placed our orders and were given our glasses and a number to put on our table. There was plenty of seating available but we chose to sit in what I call the "sun room". It's not really a sun room but it reminds me of one.

DSCF7259 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7262 (768x1024).jpg

It looks like John and Hunter were laughing at something. Who knows what it was with those two. :teeth:

DSCF7263 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7260 (1024x768).jpg

It didn't take long for our food to be brought to our table. Hunter ordered....hang on to your panty drawers.....cheese pizza. Ya'll the boy really does eat other things but when there's cheese pizza on the menu, he's gonna order it.

DSCF7265 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post. I don't like this new picture limit law.

You aint' just whistlin' Dixie! Landings that is! Swimming Pools! Movie Stars! Part 2

I ordered the Caesar with Chicken - Parmesan, Tomato Crostini, Caesar Dressing:

DSCF7264 (1024x768).jpg

John ordered: Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Sandwich - Smoked Mozzarella, Garlic Aioli, Crispy Onion Strings - Served with House-Made Chips. I couldn't believe that he ordered this as he doesn't like meatloaf at all. Instead of the house made chips, he chose the fries.

DSCF7266 (1024x768).jpg

Everything was absolutely delicious. I'm a salad lover and in my opinion, you can never go wrong when ordering a salad.

While we were eating, Hunter said that he wanted to go back to DisneyQuest. John used to stay in the arcade at our local mall when he was a teenager so he was "game" for going again too. Me? Well, I had something else in mind. I wanted to take the boat over to Port Orleans and look around. In May, 2013, we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter for one night and we didn't really look around much. Actually, we did explore French Quarter but we didn't have time to go over to Riverside. I wanted to remedy that this evening.

We left Wolfgang Puck and worked our way through the maze of walls formerly known as Downtown Disney soon to be known as Disney Springs. When we got to the boat dock, John and Hunter kept going and I got in line for the ferry to Port Orleans. I thought that I took more pictures during the boat ride. Maybe I just enjoyed the scenery.

DSCF7267 (768x1024).jpg

We docked at Port Orleans French Quarter and I took two pictures while still onboard. I wasn't going to get off here. I was going to Riverside.

DSCF7268 (768x1024).jpg
DSCF7269 (768x1024).jpg

It seemed to take a while before everybody unloaded and others loaded and we were on our way to Port Orleans Rierside. The ride to Riverside was a short one and in no time, we were docking. I immediately noticed that the resort is beautiful!

DSCF7270 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF7274 (1024x768).jpg

I hadn't expected to go to either of the Port Orlens resorts so I hadn't done any research on where things were. I have read trip reports about Port Orleans Riverside so I kinda sorta knew the layout. Anyway, I found my way to the check-in area. This part of the resort is beautiful too! I just wish that my pictures had turned out better.

DSCF7275 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7276 (768x1024).jpg

I found the resort store, Fulton's General Store, where I saw by these cute guys:

DSCF7278 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter