Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Holy crap! I don't envy ya'll with all that bad weather. Louisiana shut down for almost a week and all we got was a couple of inches.

Yeah we tend to laugh at that when somewhere shuts down because of that but one winter we got a lot of snow in 199 and we became the butt of jokes because our Mayor accidently called in the army. His side of the story was he was talking to a friend of his who was the Minister of Defence at the time and they were discussing what to do with the snow. Normally when we get a lot they dump int in the valleys and stuff anywhere outside of the main streets but we had already had a lot and had more on the way they were even talks of dumping it in the lake. (If you ever watch the OH Canada film you can see how our downtown area is on a lake.) Anyway the Defence Minister called him back after they ended the call and said "there on there way." Our Mayor at the time asked who and was told the Army.

Yeah we tend to laugh at that when somewhere shuts down because of that but one winter we got a lot of snow in 199 and we became the butt of jokes because our Mayor accidently called in the army. His side of the story was he was talking to a friend of his who was the Minister of Defence at the time and they were discussing what to do with the snow. Normally when we get a lot they dump int in the valleys and stuff anywhere outside of the main streets but we had already had a lot and had more on the way they were even talks of dumping it in the lake. (If you ever watch the OH Canada film you can see how our downtown area is on a lake.) Anyway the Defence Minister called him back after they ended the call and said "there on there way." Our Mayor at the time asked who and was told the Army.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: In all seriousness though, I just don't see how ya'll can stand all that snow. I'm used to Spring and Summer temps of close to 100.

Ya'll, I am about to freak the heck out! I can't find all of my memory cards for the rest of my trip! I remember having them all in a little bag in my purse last Friday but now I can't find them. I'm digging in every nook and cranny that I can think of but they haven't turned up yet. Stay tuned!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: In all seriousness though, I just don't see how ya'll can stand all that snow. I'm used to Spring and Summer temps of close to 100.
it can get hot up her too sometimes in the summer we will have days in the 80's. Actually some days the temperature is about the same here and in Orlando in the summer months and it does get humid sometimes to not nearly as bad as in Florida though.

Ya'll, I am about to freak the heck out! I can't find all of my memory cards for the rest of my trip! I remember having them all in a little bag in my purse last Friday but now I can't find them. I'm digging in every nook and cranny that I can think of but they haven't turned up yet. Stay tuned!

Oh NOOOOOOOOO! I hope you find them. I was wondering why you haven't posted in awhile. You are usually totally on it! (unlike me)

I found them! I was searching for the little bag but they were not in the bag any more. They were in a small side pocket of my purse. You know how it is when you are stressing out and overlook the thing that is sitting right smack in your face. Yeah, that's what I did. Okay, now I can move on to the next update. Whew!

Hello Lisa! :wave:

My name is Carla, and I found your TR over on the CBR official thread. :)
First, I want to say, you are a great TR writer! You have sucked me in... lol. I have read the ENTIRE thing (so far) within the last week or so... and I'm anxiously awaiting more.
A few more things:
Your guys remind me of mine (my DS is 16), and Hunter really makes me think of Peter Pan! He seems like he just has such a great spirit and seems like so much fun, and he even resembles him a bit. So you know, if he's looking for a job in Disney he may have a shot! :thumbsup2
Copper is adorable, I don't think I could have said no either. :rolleyes:
The pics of CBR are great. I have also visited Disney close to 20 times now, and our first stay at CBR is in April. You have made me so excited to see it! (We have stayed at Pop, ASMu, POR, POFQ and Yacht Club)
Lastly, I hope you're feeling better and we can hear more soon. I am just loving the way you talk, and the way your family just has a great time.

See ya real soon (I hope!) :wave2:
Carla

Hello Lisa! :wave:

My name is Carla, and I found your TR over on the CBR official thread. :)
First, I want to say, you are a great TR writer! You have sucked me in... lol. I have read the ENTIRE thing (so far) within the last week or so... and I'm anxiously awaiting more.
A few more things:
Your guys remind me of mine (my DS is 16), and Hunter really makes me think of Peter Pan! He seems like he just has such a great spirit and seems like so much fun, and he even resembles him a bit. So you know, if he's looking for a job in Disney he may have a shot! :thumbsup2
Copper is adorable, I don't think I could have said no either. :rolleyes:
The pics of CBR are great. I have also visited Disney close to 20 times now, and our first stay at CBR is in April. You have made me so excited to see it! (We have stayed at Pop, ASMu, POR, POFQ and Yacht Club)
Lastly, I hope you're feeling better and we can hear more soon. I am just loving the way you talk, and the way your family just has a great time.

See ya real soon (I hope!) :wave2:
Carla

Hey Carla! Welcome to my trip report! I'm glad that you're enjoying it so far.

It's funny that you said that about Hunter because I've said it before too! He is our Peter Pan who never wants to grow up.

I hope that you fall in love with the CBR just as we did. I've thought about (and actually booked) other resorts but we always go back to Caribbean Beach.

I'm feelilng a lot better, thanks! I'm working on an update now and should have it posted within the hour.

Did somebody say free? I'll take free any day! Oh it's frozen? Part 2

I was talking about Hunter and I going back to check on John when the Disboards so rudely interrupted the report and wouldn't let me post more pictures. If you need a reminder of what happened up to this point
click here.

Hunter and I intended to check on John and head over to Crush n Gusher but our stomachs were telling us that we needed to eat. Right then! I don't know about ya'll but every single time that we go swimming or play in the water, we get hungry. I'm talking stomach starts gnawing on my backbone hungry. John said that he was ready to seek out some sustenance too. Lucky for us, there were two counter service restaurants (not that there are any table service in the water parks but I felt the need to say "counter service" restaurants and I'd much rather just type out the explanation and go on and on and on instead of deleting those two simple words....LOL) Anyway, there were two places to eat near where we had set up camp for the day.

Honestly, I don't remember the names of either place but we chose the one with the shortest line. Hunter and John ordered the fried fish and I ordered the fried shrimp which was a bit unusual for us because we normally don't order seafood from quick service places. However, at the time, it sounded good. It was good! The portions for the fish were a little small though.

P6020890 (1024x768).jpg
P6020891 (1024x768).jpg

I think that's a key lime cheesecake in one of the pictures and there's a chocolate chip cookie in the white paper wrapper. On this particular day, they were giving guests free "Frozen" cupcakes. Hey, it's free and it's a cupcake. Who am I to argue? Yes, please!

P6020892 (768x1024).jpg

The cupcake was just a plain yellow cupcake with buttercream "Frozen themed" icing. It wasn't anything to write home about but it was good and it was free. Thanks Disney!

While we were eating, we told John our plans of hitting Crush N Gusher. John really wanted no part of Crush N Gusher. Remember when I told ya'll that John and tubes don't jive well? That includes the ones on Crush N Gusher. He was perfectly happy to just sit and relax some more. On our way back to our loungers, we made a pit stop at the bathrooms and Hunter posed for a picture. Nooooo, not in the bathrooms! In a shark mouth!

P6020894 (768x1024).jpg

We dumped our shirts and cover-up on the lunger and off we went again. We were ready for some more action and Crush N Gusher was just the place to find it! You can see that it wasn't very crowded.
P6020895 (1024x768).jpg

Hey, this may be the guy who was snorting snot when I was getting into my tube on Mayday Falls! See, he's wiping his nose just thinking about it.

P6020896 (1024x768).jpg

Not really! In the picture above, look to your left at the umbrellas. Those are Photopass photographers who are there to take pictures of you when you come out of the tube and into the pool. See the yellow inner tubes? As a guest exits the pool, they hand off their inner tube to the guest in line. You then haul it all the way up the steps to the top. You would be able to see the entrance to the ride itself on the left if the picture were larger.

P6020897 (1024x768).jpg

You can see that the wait time is posted as 15 minutes from "this point". However, we were able to walk well past "this point". Actually, we walked almost to the very front of the line. I'm thinking that there were maybe a dozen people ahead of us. I must have taken these pictures during our walk or after we had gone down. I'm not sure.
P6020898 (1024x768).jpg
P6020899 (1024x768).jpg

The Walt Disney world website describes Crush N Gusher as follows:

A “Water-Coaster” Ride to Gush About

Enter an abandoned fruit-processing plant and take a wild raft ride down 400-foot-long tube slides. According to the legend, fruit was washed here prior to packing when the plant was still operating, before the big typhoon.

Choose from 3 “fruit chutes” and assemble your team: up to 3 riders on the Pineapple Plunger and Coconut Crusher and up to 2 riders on the Banana Blaster. Pack in more riders for more momentum and a more exhilarating experience, or “go bananas” and crush it solo.

Defy gravity as you and your raft are propelled through uphill climbs and surprise after surprise by powerful water jets. Catch some air as you thrill to sudden dips and snake around hairpin turns through darkened and open sections. Then take the plunge as your raft skims its way across Hideaway Bay.

Thanks to the super short lines, Hunter and I were able to do all three "fruit chutes" one right after the other. Then, we started right back over again. After our fifth time down, we decided that it was time to go get John!

**Gotta stop here: The Dis is acting weird again and I'm typing 100 times faster than the Dis is keeping up with me. Plus, I'm at my picture limit. I'll be back in the morning to add more.

I love Typhoon Lagoon. Glad you all decided to visit. It's a great place to cool off, get some thrills, and relax. I know my kids will be hitting up one of the water parks this summer. I wouldn't mind going myself.

Glad you found your memory card! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Lunch looked tasty. Sounds like you and Hunter were having a blast! The Crush'n'Gusher sounds like a lot of fun.

What?!?!? Hunter didn't order Pizza? I think I need to rethink my whole life now. :rotfl2:The fish sure does look yummy.

Free Cupcakes! I'd take that deal any day.

Crush N Gusher sounds like a lot of fun!

Your lunch looks very good and there is nothing wrong with free. They will try to make everything frozen tho.

Crush n Gusher looks like a lot of fun, we in Wisconsin have something similar at Noah's Ark called the anaconda.

Glad you found your memory cards.. I am trying to make a habit now of loading all pictures to my computer immediately when I get home and then making a back up CD too because i fear issues like that as well.

Glad you found your memory cards.. I am trying to make a habit now of loading all pictures to my computer immediately when I get home and then making a back up CD too because i fear issues like that as well.
I bring a laptop with me on vacation and copy the files every day. If I have enough time I also look them over too. Once I get home I then copy them to a external hard drive as a backup.

Hi there!! Just found your report and am enjoying hearing about your trip!! Loved TL a few years ago when we went...would love to go back now that our kids are a bit older because last time they were too chicken for a lot of the rides lol

Glad you found your memory cards. I think we can all say that would have been a sad thing to lose. Disney pictures, especially for Trip Report writers, are like gold!

Free cupcakes...who would say no to that? Even if they are just your basic cupcakes, free tastes better than nothing!

Okay, Crush N Gusher sounds like so much fun. I used to tell myself I'd wait until my kids are older to visit the Disney water parks, but reading about your Typhoon Lagoon day really makes me want to plan a down day there! It all sounds like a great time.

That Crush n' Gusher photo is making me want to stop by Typhoon Lagoon! Ah, if only we had one more day...if we hadn't booked our flights I would totally add it on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter