Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I will be back to finish this up. As a matter of fact, I have the rest of this update ready but the Dis is acting a FOOL! I am going to come back later and see if it's acting right. UGH!

Continued from previous post:

Good goobilly goo! My backbone did not like going down the slide flat on my back! I may have some cushion around my middle and on my behind but my spine is a different story. I asked Hunter if he was on his back when he went down and he said that he sat up the whole time. There are three slides and we still had one more to go so back up we went. I told Hunter "I'm not laying down and they can't make me!" and I meant it!

When we got back up to the loading area, the same castmember was there but there was no mention of having to lie down when you went down. I wondered if she was used to working another set of slides and had gotten confused before. There were about a dozen people in line in front of us with two of those being a dad and his son who looked to be about four or five. They could speak English fairly well but it was broken. The castmember was trying to explain to him that the two couldn't go down together. The little boy was a little scared to go down by himself but I could tell that he really wanted to go. Even though I wasn't sure if the dad would understand, I asked him if he would feel comfortable with me staying at the top of the slide with his son while he went down to wait for him in the pool at the end. He said that he would and he explained to his son what would be happening. I told the little boy that my name was Lisa and I would stay with him and tell him when to go down the slide. He smiled a big smile at me and I could tell that he was happy that he was going to get to go even if it wasn't with his dad. The dad thanked me several times while we were waiting our turn and then again when he saw me at the bottom of the slides.

Then, it was my turn again. This time, I was going sitting on my well cushioned behind.

P6020851 (768x1024).jpg

P6020852 (768x1024).jpg

P6020855 (768x1024).jpg

The end is in sight!

P6020856 (768x1024).jpg

You can see Hunter standing to the left of the picture and the dad and his little boy in the middle of the picture. The slides were a lot of fun and I could have done them over and over and over again. However, we had other things to do!

***Up next: Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

Last edited:

Sounds like a really great time at Typhoon Lagoon! I admit I'm not a big lover of the water parks, but you're making me want to go back there for another try.
I think it's really sweet for you to comfort the little boy so his dad could meet him at the bottom.

Looks like a great start to the day, Lisa. I could do the family slide, but none of those other ones you did.

I'm glad the dad let his son stay up with you while he went down so that his son could go down and he could meet his dad at the bottom. That was very sweet of you.

I really should invest in an underwater camera...for my husband (I don't go underwater very often).

I love reading about the water parks since I've never been and probably won't since I go during colder times. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun so far!

Typhoon lagoon is the only waterpark of the two I have been too, but I haven't been since 2006. Going to a waterpark and wanting to take pictures I think the waterproof camera is a must. Looks like a blast can't wait to hear more.

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

Hunter and I found John soaking up the sun right where we left him.

P6020861 (768x1024).jpg

Hunter looks like he was thinking about pulling some sort of prank on his daddy-o:

P6020862 (768x1024).jpg

We told John that we had gone down each of the Storm Slides and asked if he wanted to test them out himself. He was more than happy to stay right where he was. At home, John and I are both busy bodies. Can't sit still, constantly going and doing something, fixing something, sewing something.....well, doing something. When on vacation, John is perfectly content to do nothing every once in a while. This particular morning was one of those "every once in a while" mornings for him. Hunter and I went to search for something else to do. During our wandering, we came across this small bridge:
P6020863 (768x1024).jpg

that looked down on the lazy river:

P6020864 (768x1024).jpg

The bridge led us to the entrance to Keelhaul Falls and Mayday Falls. The Mayday Falls side looked less crowded so we went to the right.

P6020866 (768x1024).jpg

As we were climbing to the top, we could see Mayday Falls below:

P6020868 (768x1024).jpg

or maybe it was the family raft ride? Now that I see this next picture, I'm thinking that it was the family raft ride. See:

P6020870 (768x1024).jpg

Yeah, it was the family raft ride. There was a helicopter flying over and I guess that I thought that it was important enough that I had to take a picture of it. And, if I took a picture of it, then you all are going to get to see it.

P6020871 (768x1024).jpg

What you won't be seeing is a very unflattering super close-up, what must have been a selfie, picture of myself with my tongue stuck out. Nope, don't ask to see it 'cause I'm not going to post it. Let's just say that it is waaaaay worse than the Hannibal Lecter picture I posted on another report. :crazy:

**Continued in next post

I think that I mentioned this in my review of the Blizzard Beach, that I like how Disney water parks operate. They have castmembers who will instruct you on how to properly get into your tube, will hold you still while you do so and then guide you to the start. I like that! I am a clutz the majority of the time and getting into a tube floating in swirling water isn't one of those things that I do in my every day routine. So, you can imagine just how "ungraceful" I look while doing so. It's funny looking enough that I'm pretty sure that I saw another guest wiping snot that was snorted from their nose 'cause they laughed so hard at me. Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of the time I got stuck on the toboggan racers. Either way, I look pretty funny doing both.

After I plopped down in the tube, I was given a little push and off I went! Oopsie! I was a little off balance I guess when I took this one or it's possible that I may have spun around.

P6020872 (768x1024).jpg

More pictures:

P6020873 (1024x768).jpg

P6020874 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter came down just as I was getting out of the pool at the end:

P6020876 (1024x768).jpg

Mayday Falls was a hit with both of us and we did it again before we moved on to something else.

**Up next: Did somebody say free? I'll take free any day! Oh it's frozen?

Last edited:
Lisa, you crack me up with your explanations of things. Seriously, gal, I just love you. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You and Hunter are getting a lot done.

And good for John just taking it easy and relaxing. We all need a day like that...well, except you and Hunter. ;)

Did somebody say free? I'll take free any day! Oh it's frozen?

We did two rides on Mayday Falls before deciding to go to the other side and give Keelhaul Falls a try.

P6020878 (768x1024).jpg

I won't bore you with all of the pictures that I took on my wild ride down since they look like those on Mayday Falls but I will show you this one so you can see that I went up on the side of the flume a little.

P6020881 (1024x768).jpg

I don't know if the Keelhaul Falls are a bit wilder than Mayday Falls but it did feel a little zippier to me. I also went further out in the pool on Keelhaul Falls than I did on Mayday Falls. Hunter went down right after me and I caught just a little snippet of him in the picture:
P6020883 (768x1024).jpg

Even though I know that John was happy for us to just leave him be, I still wanted to check in with him every once in a while. On the way back, I took a picture of the park map:
P6020885 (768x1024).jpg

and the wait time board:

P6020884 (768x1024).jpg

Check out those wait times would ya! Not bad at all for a hot Summer day and busy time of the year. As a matter of fact, they were so good that Hunter and I said that we were going to Crush n Gusher as soon as we checked on John. More pictures taken on the way back. The signage at the water park fits right in with the whole theme of the park too.

P6020886 (768x1024).jpg

P6020888 (768x1024).jpg

Well, we made it back to John but our stomachs told us that Crush n Gusher would have to wait a little while. We were hungry!

**Continued in next post

I love how well themed the water parks are. Food is always a priority before an attraction! I don't care how short a wait for said attraction.

Great update! I like the water parks, they are fun. I am not a big thrill ride person but I do love water slides. Looking forward to seeing the Crush and Gusher and what you guys thought of it.

:love:
There were about a dozen people in line in front of us with two of those being a dad and his son who looked to be about four or five. They could speak English fairly well but it was broken. The castmember was trying to explain to him that the two couldn't go down together. The little boy was a little scared to go down by himself but I could tell that he really wanted to go. Even though I wasn't sure if the dad would understand, I asked him if he would feel comfortable with me staying at the top of the slide with his son while he went down to wait for him in the pool at the end. He said that he would and he explained to his son what would be happening. I told the little boy that my name was Lisa and I would stay with him and tell him when to go down the slide. He smiled a big smile at me and I could tell that he was happy that he was going to get to go even if it wasn't with his dad. The dad thanked me several times while we were waiting our turn and then again when he saw me at the bottom of the slides.

You are so sweet, Lisa! :love:

I've been away from the Dis for a little over the week, but I read your posts from a week ago and I have a couple of quick observations:
Copper is cute!

I like the towel creations you're making.

Looks like your Disney party was a real success!

All caught up! Love your water park pictures! Very nice of you to help out that father and his little boy. I notice that people, mostly (with some rare exceptions), are nicer at Disney. For example, I feel much more comfortable starting a conversation with a complete stranger, and they seem to have the same comfort in responding.

so which water park did you like better? On my trip in 2009 I went to both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon but liked Typhoon better, mainly because of the theme of it. Blizzard beach reminded me to much of winter at home.
11498757743_f2408d0526_z_d.jpg

that's a picture from a big snow/ freezing rain storm we had in 2013 just before christmas. We were lucky a lot of people in Toronto didn't have power for the christmas break.
11498688784_184a339fe8_z_d.jpg

This winter wasn't nearly as bad but the snow that we got at the end of January only melted about a week ago we still have some in spots where the sun hasn't gotten to yet.

you are a dang riot.. I laughed so hard at your description of yourself! and the guest wiping snot off! :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

your way too fun!!! Never been to either water park. Maybe one day..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter