Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Your party looks great! All the handmade decor looks great. I love your storybook theme as well. It is also cool that those companies donated to your party can't wait to hear more!

Thanks so much!

Awesome, awesome job, Lisa. I love all the things you made and how you had it all set up. It truly looks like everyone had a great time and how nice that they all went home with a little something.

Thank you Kathy! I utilized every single item in the party box somehow, someway.

oh my love of all DISNEY i want to HAVE THIS PARTY!! but i would try to get all my dis friends together. maybe a hotel? I dunno.. Did you ever see the birthday party i did for my kids???
If you want to see: DISNEY PARTY <--it started there and keeps going!!

I adore ALL of your rustic decorations!!! I would KILL for some of your stuff!!! LOVE!!!
so glad it was such a great turn out!

I need to check out that link! We had such a blast at the party! Let me know when you want to send the pic. :)

Are you tired? I'm not! Let's do somethin'!

This is going to be a short update because, dummy me, can't find the other pictures. I'm guessing they are on a memory card that's at home. The one that I thought that I had already downloaded to my computer. It's okay though because this was going to be a quick update anyway.

Once we were done with our delicious meal at Olivia's, we walked outside and saw that there were pretty cool nautical displays (can't think of a better word at this moment) right outside the door. I tried taking pictures of the outside of the building but they turned out dark
:

DSCF7246 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF7248 (1024x768).jpg

The guys were checking things out:

DSCF7247 (768x1024).jpg

John looks like he's trying to captain a "ship" backwards:

DSCF7249 (768x1024).jpg

This is when we weren't sure what to do with the rest of our evening and I asked "Are you tired? I'm not! Let's do somethin'!" But, what would we do? It was a bit late and we didn't want to go back to the Magic Kingdom and we didn't have hoppers so we decided to go to Holy Moley Maze of Walls a/k/a Downtown Disney. There really was no reason to go there other than "Let's do somethin'!" The boat to Downtown Disney wasn't running for some reason. I can't remember the reason but I think that I may be remembering correctly when I say that it was due to the weather.

Once we arrived at Downtown Disney, we shopped around a bit,. I know that we went to the Christmas store and Mickey's Pantry. I'm sure that we moseyed on over to World of Disney because, well, it's the World of Disney, duh!

After that, it was back to the resort we went. We had another full day tomorrow! Tomorrow we were visiting a family favorite!

**Up next: I'm not laying down again and they can't make me!

Donald-Duck-on-Vacation-donald-duck-8304175-600-600.jpg

Yes DTD is a hot mess... I cannot wait until it's completed!!!

I totally missed those displays outside of Olivia's when we were there in October.

DTD was looking a bit better when we were there in February. Still a lot of walls but several new stores had opened on Pleasure Island. I hope by the next time I make it back there, it will be finished or at least almost there.

Donald-Duck-on-Vacation-donald-duck-8304175-600-600.jpg

Yes DTD is a hot mess... I cannot wait until it's completed!!!

Awww that's so cute! Thank you! I'm ready to get back to DTD and see what it looks like now!

I totally missed those displays outside of Olivia's when we were there in October.

DTD was looking a bit better when we were there in February. Still a lot of walls but several new stores had opened on Pleasure Island. I hope by the next time I make it back there, it will be finished or at least almost there.

I am hoping that even more construction walls will be down when we arrive. We love walking around that whole area and those darn walls just got in our way.

**First off, I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to write this trip report. In my defense, the trip was sixteen days long if you include two travel days. It takes a long time to write about sixteen days of travel. And, ya'll know that I'm a super detailed writin' kind of gal. I don't just say "we went here and did this" and then "we went over there and did that". If that were the case, I'd have wrapped this baby up long ago. Having said all of that, we are now on day ten of the trip and I have got to get a move on. It's almost time for us to leave for our May/June, 2015 two week trip and I'd like to at least post some sort of pre-trip report as I have some fellow Disers that I may possibly meet.

Gosh darn it! I'm trying to insert pictures and it's not letting me. The pictures are just blank when I upload them! Hopefully, it's just a glitchy Dis moment right now. I'll write the report up in word and them come back and see if the glitch is fixed. Be back!

John trying to steer a boat backwards...what was the man thinking. :rotfl:

It's hard to get night time pictures in that area you were in unless you use your flash.

It must have been lightening in the area because that's the only time the boats don't run from OKW.

LOVE the Christmas store.

I'm trying for you. Mine works.

I have no idea why my pictures are showing up as blanks? Go figure?

John trying to steer a boat backwards...what was the man thinking. :rotfl:

It's hard to get night time pictures in that area you were in unless you use your flash.

It must have been lightening in the area because that's the only time the boats don't run from OKW.

LOVE the Christmas store.

I'm thinking that the boats were closed due to the weather too. I was looking forward to a leisurely boat ride but we had to take the bus instead.

Wow, that meal at Olivia's looked so good! Another one to add to my list!

LOL at John driving the boat.

I love Hunter's had. I might have said that already, but I love it. It looks great on him!

And I can see your Typhoon Lagoon picture.

bummer that the boats weren't running as that is quite pleasant.

:rotfl:he really does look like he's trying to drive a boat backwards!

Wow!!! Your dinner at Olivia's looks fantastic. The shrimp and grits is a thing of beauty!!! John's fish special also looked amazing. The bread pudding looks really good and filling, but I wouldn't mind having your doggie bag with the flourless cake and cheesecake.

Mmmmmmm.....

As others have said, there aren't a lot of review of Olivia's in trip reports, but I don't remember reading a bad one. I have seen a couple of breakfast reviews, too. There are a couple of DISers who go out of their way to eat there.

:banana::banana::banana:

Your Disney party sounds like it was awesome! I love your Stroybook Circus theme, much more unique than pirates. (Not that pirates aren't fun, everyone loves pirates, but I think the circus isn't something you see as much.) I especially love your circus tent. How creative! I saw the Up house in the background of one of the pictures and said to myself, "Did she make an Up house, too? That's so cool!"

I think it was great that you were able to show your Disney side to your friends and family and have such a wonderful party.

I'm not laying down again and they can't make me!

Today, we were going to Typhoon Lagoon! As most of you have been able to tell from this report as well as my others, we have pretty much given up on trying to get to the parks by rope drop. It's happened in the past but, over the years, and with the lengthening of our trips, we've realized that we don't have to be rope drop folks any more.

On this day, we were up and at 'em fairly early and alllllllmost made rope drop at Typhoon Lagoon. Our bus driver dropped us off at the closest bus stop that he could and we walked to the front gates. Given that it was supposed to be a hot day, I was a little surprised that there weren't many people there yet. I guess there are more non-rope droppers that I thought there were.

P6020825 (768x1024).jpg

We scanned our magic bands and went straight to the locker rentals. Just like at Blizzard Beach, we rented one of the larger lockers, shoved all our stuff in and off we went to find a nice spot to put our things for the day. I snapped this picture along the way.

P6020826 (768x1024).jpg

We found a nice out-of-the-way spot in a sandy area that was semi-secluded. A lot of the loungers hadn't even been set up yet but we took care of that by setting out three for our things and then off we all went! This was just outside of the area where we were set up for the day.
P6020827 (768x1024).jpg

Given our super cold experience on the family raft ride at Blizzard Beach, you'd have thought that we would have had more sense than to do the exact same thing at Typhoon Lagoon. But, ya'll know what kinda sense we have.....uncommon sense...and the first place that we headed was to Gangplank Falls, the family raft ride.

P6020829 (768x1024).jpg

Hey, it only had a 5 minute wait! Actually, it wasn't even a 5 minute wait because, if you look at the sign again, it says "from this point". We walked up the path and were loaded into a raft in under five minutes.

P6020830 (768x1024).jpg

Thanks to the suggestion of my Dis friend, Dee, I bought an underwater camera a few years ago and I am so glad that I did I used it while on our Disney Dream cruise and have used it many other times since then including on this trip. After getting all settled in our raft, the castmember gave us a little shove and off we went!

P6020831 (1024x768).jpg

Lord, please let the waterfall that I see in front of us be all warm and comforting!

P6020833 (1024x768).jpg

Please! Please! Please!

P6020835 (1024x768).jpg

P6020836 (1024x768).jpg

Thank you! It was cool but nowhere near as cold as the water on the family raft ride at Blizzard Beach which was a good thing because we went right under the falls.

More pictures as we were making our way down the course:

P6020838 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

:confused3Continued from previous post:

P6020839 (1024x768).jpg

P6020840 (1024x768).jpg

P6020842 (768x1024).jpg

Even though you can't tell it from the pictures, the raft ride was FUN! The water was a bit cool but not bone chilling cold. Hunter gave it two thumbs up.

P6020843 (768x1024).jpg

As was the case when we went to Blizzard Beach, I tried out the body slides first and reported back to John on whether or not I felt he would be okay riding them. Hunter and I made the climb up to the slide and Hunter was able to get a free slide before me and was down first. I guess at this point in time, he had control of the camera because there's this picture of me coming out of the tube:

P6020844 (1024x768).jpg

Oh what can I say? I just came down a slide and got water up my nose. :teeth: John was busy holding the lounger down so Hunter and I went back up to give the two other slides a try. Disney does such a great job with their "theming" even at the water parks.

P6020846 (768x1024).jpg

P6020850 (768x1024).jpg

When we got back up to the top, there was a different castmember and she was telling everybody to lie down when they went down the slides. Um, I just went down it sitting on my behind, why do I have to lay down? Guess I'll go down lying down this time. :confused3

**Continued in next post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter